Tagged: 

• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

I want to purchase a wig. I don’t what to buy something that does not fit correctly on my head or looks nasty. Any advice for me?

Anonymous

A good wig website is Paula young they have high quality wigs all shapes lengths and colors hope this helps

Check out local beauty salons or beauty schools. They use wigs for training and often have good used wigs at low prices.

Beth

I’ve had good results with the Forever Young brand – easy to find on Amazon, they sell forms too, and are very modestly priced.

Other brands are available, but I have been a return customer many times!

Love Laura

Anonymous

There are many different types, styles, and wigs with sizes, what are you looking for ?
      Paula young, especially yours are good choices, I have several from both. Hugs

Several years ago I contacted a local wig shop via email and told them I was a CD and would like to purchase a wig. They welcomed me and advised they had a place which would be private and secure. I went in guy mode and was treated as a woman and called my fem name. They had me try on a LOT of different styles, lengths and colors until we narrowed down what I thought looked best. It was more expensive than ordering on-line but well worth it to get the right one. I have since been back and had another lovely experience  and purchased another wig to replace my worn out one. Pics on flickr

Anonymous

When I buy a wig, I look for a 23 inch (large) cap, otherwise I find them too tight. I don’t have any local wig shops so I bought my first wig on Amazon. You can find wigs on Amazon for around $30. I bought it with the thought that if I don’t like it, I didn’t spend too much. Well, I did like it and still have it. My last wig that I bought, I spent $150 on and it is human hair. I love it. Now I am growing my hair out and hoping to not have to wear a wig.

Eva

look up paula young or the wig company they are very helpful and prices are good. i have gotten alot of wigs from them and been very happy. right now i have about 20 wigs. good luck donna

Anonymous

I have wigs from both places, and they are surprisingly good for the price…but order a Large; our skulls are larger than a GGs.

Bettylou

Most of the girls that replied have recommended Paula Young, and so do I. I bought my last two wigs from them and I was quite happy with their products and service.

I’ve also bought wigs from Glamour Boutique, Janet’s Closet, and TheBreastFormStore.

Just wanted to say that I have such a small head, I’ve never bought a wig that was too tight. I always wind up adjusting the straps to the smallest setting. I’ve always thought that the crossdresser stores sold wigs with large wig caps. At least that’s been my experience. It may be that Paula Young wigs are sized for women, and so they fit smaller noggins like mine just fine.

Anonymous
      Lady

If you’ve never bought one before (like me before a couple of weeks ago), I looked on Amazon and read tons of reviews.  I ended up getting the one below for only $10 and it looks and feels great.  Even if it wasn’t, it gives me a chance to practice taking care of a wig before I invest in something nicer.  PRETTYSHOP is the store name on Amazon. I’ve also purchased two ponytail extensions from them.  I’ve been very impressed with their products and sales support.

(They really should get a happier looking mannequin though…HA!! LOL!!)

*kisses* tara 🙂

Eona Oh
        Lady

Wow! They look amazing! Thanks for the recommendation! ❤️👠

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Paula Young wigs, but be sure to order large cap size only.  Men have bigger heads.

Wife and I have used Paula Young for years, highly recommend them.

Eona Oh
        Lady

Hey Peggy,

I just checked them out. Thanks hon!

💖👠

Anonymous

Tina,

Make an appointment at a local wig store. Trying on and getting professional styling is worth the time, effort and money.

Caroline

Anonymous
      Lady

Found a ‘going out of business sale’ and bought one for $10. Time will tell about the quality.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?