- April 20, 2021 at 12:12 pm #481586Tina QParticipantRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 24Has thanked: 72 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
I want to purchase a wig. I don’t what to buy something that does not fit correctly on my head or looks nasty. Any advice for me?
- This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Stephanie Flowers.
- May 8, 2021 at 4:01 pm #489745Tina QLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 24Has thanked: 72 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
Found a ‘going out of business sale’ and bought one for $10. Time will tell about the quality.
- April 24, 2021 at 9:21 am #483401Caroline OBrienLadyRegistered On: April 18, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 98Has thanked: 357 timesBeen thanked: 488 times
- April 23, 2021 at 1:53 pm #483059Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 279Has thanked: 999 timesBeen thanked: 1204 times
- April 24, 2021 at 9:36 am #483416
- April 20, 2021 at 8:14 pm #481745Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 184Has thanked: 1242 timesBeen thanked: 833 times
If you’ve never bought one before (like me before a couple of weeks ago), I looked on Amazon and read tons of reviews. I ended up getting the one below for only $10 and it looks and feels great. Even if it wasn’t, it gives me a chance to practice taking care of a wig before I invest in something nicer. PRETTYSHOP is the store name on Amazon. I’ve also purchased two ponytail extensions from them. I’ve been very impressed with their products and sales support.
(They really should get a happier looking mannequin though…HA!! LOL!!)
*kisses* tara 🙂
- April 20, 2021 at 8:06 pm #481740Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 471Has thanked: 861 timesBeen thanked: 1209 times
Most of the girls that replied have recommended Paula Young, and so do I. I bought my last two wigs from them and I was quite happy with their products and service.
I’ve also bought wigs from Glamour Boutique, Janet’s Closet, and TheBreastFormStore.
Just wanted to say that I have such a small head, I’ve never bought a wig that was too tight. I always wind up adjusting the straps to the smallest setting. I’ve always thought that the crossdresser stores sold wigs with large wig caps. At least that’s been my experience. It may be that Paula Young wigs are sized for women, and so they fit smaller noggins like mine just fine.
- April 20, 2021 at 5:17 pm #481684donna walterLadyRegistered On: July 25, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 13Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 55 times
look up paula young or the wig company they are very helpful and prices are good. i have gotten alot of wigs from them and been very happy. right now i have about 20 wigs. good luck donna
- April 20, 2021 at 4:18 pm #481666Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 257Has thanked: 2830 timesBeen thanked: 1227 times
When I buy a wig, I look for a 23 inch (large) cap, otherwise I find them too tight. I don’t have any local wig shops so I bought my first wig on Amazon. You can find wigs on Amazon for around $30. I bought it with the thought that if I don’t like it, I didn’t spend too much. Well, I did like it and still have it. My last wig that I bought, I spent $150 on and it is human hair. I love it. Now I am growing my hair out and hoping to not have to wear a wig.
- April 20, 2021 at 2:46 pm #481640Michelle CrossLadyRegistered On: January 8, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 154 times
Several years ago I contacted a local wig shop via email and told them I was a CD and would like to purchase a wig. They welcomed me and advised they had a place which would be private and secure. I went in guy mode and was treated as a woman and called my fem name. They had me try on a LOT of different styles, lengths and colors until we narrowed down what I thought looked best. It was more expensive than ordering on-line but well worth it to get the right one. I have since been back and had another lovely experience and purchased another wig to replace my worn out one. Pics on flickr
- April 20, 2021 at 1:44 pm #481610Nancy HollyLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 17Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
- April 20, 2021 at 1:21 pm #481604Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 38Replies: 952Has thanked: 292 timesBeen thanked: 3067 times
- April 20, 2021 at 1:18 pm #481603Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
I’ve had good results with the Forever Young brand – easy to find on Amazon, they sell forms too, and are very modestly priced.
Other brands are available, but I have been a return customer many times!
- April 20, 2021 at 12:57 pm #481597Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 196Has thanked: 644 timesBeen thanked: 988 times
- April 20, 2021 at 12:17 pm #481589Kimberly LynnDuchessRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 113Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 513 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.