Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I just started wearing a wig and I hate it because my head starts to sweat and itch but without it I just don’t look right now it’s not a cheap Amazon $50 wig it was $300 from wigs.com does anybody else have this issue?

No! Never have never did. I own 5 wigs.all from Paula Young where I’ve gotten over a dozen over 30 years, none were over $59,and I’m very content with them with no sweating or itching problem. Too bad🤢

Anonymous

I actually had the same issue when I used to wear baseball hats. If he did not have a mesh top, my head would start to sweat and itch like crazy.

Elaine
      Duchess

I have good luck with Paula Young wigs also.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

My wife and I have purchased wigs for many years from Paula Young.

A big plus for us is the fact that they are the only company we know of that sells a true “large cap” wig.   We both require wigs that come in the “large cap” size.

We have had no issues with returns, when required.

Also, no issues with the sweat & itch thing.

Most of my wigs are from Paula Young also. Never really had much of a problem with sweating or itching under the wig cap.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I think some of us are more prone to sweating.  For me, wearing a wig is like wearing a winter hat.  It becomes almost unbearable during the summer.

I now have shoulder length hair and don’t need a wig.  It’s much cooler.

Hi, I went to paulayoung.com. There are so many different types of wigs to choose from. What makes one wig better than another? Thanks

I sweat wearing a ball cap it is in my nature to sweat. One of the most embarrassing facts of life. I was in the public eye for years and would get covered in flop sweat. I am older and don’t let it bother me.
      If some one objects it is their problem not yours. If the wig makes you feel sexie, go for it.

Do you wear a wig cap ?

Not sure if this is a blessing, but thanks to old age I’m almost bald on top so I don’t have hair itching my scalp when I wear a wig.  If it is freezing cold I don’t have sweat issues but when it warms up I do start sweating.  I find wearing a wig cap helps soak up some of that sweat.

ALOT OF MY WIGS ARE FROM PAULA YOUNG/ THE WIG COMPANY.AND  I GOT  SOME FROM AMAZON. I HAVE ABOUT 25 IN ALL KIND

J J
        Lady

5hat is an impressive number of wigs, and not cheap considering the cost of a descent wig these days.

just purchased a few new wigs wife bought some wig shampoo haven’t tried it yet  though

Hi, Denise. Please let us know how the wig cleaning went, and what you used and how. I was told that cleaning wigs and combing to shape is tricky. Thanks! Best, Marlene.

Dayna
      Lady

I too am bald I keep it cut as close as possible without shaving it, my  wig sucks to it like Velcro and works great, I am going to Florida on good Friday for two weeks I will be taking at least 2 wigs with me, yes there Hot, yes they itch, yes they need shampooing it will be hot but I’m not going to fully dress up and go without a wig, I learned to live with that last year at this time I can do it again a clean wig makes for a happy girl and a good presentation, Dayna

Just a thought… maybe try some anti-antiperspirant on the ole knoggin.

I have three wigs, two of which are quality wigs that cost a pretty penny. I don’t really care for them, for all the reasons others have cited: hot, itch, give me a headache, etc. That would be bad enough, but my real beef with them is that look like, well, wigs. That is, they don’t look natural, and I don’t have the skills to make them look natural. Whatever it is, they make me stand out like a sore thumb. I have long natural hair, so I’ve just decided that’s good enough. My plan is to have it styled in a femme-leaning unisex style for wearing down; I most often wear it up in drab mode, anyway. I like that I can change my whole style just by wearing a different wig, but in practice it’s inevitably the weakest link in my presentation which kind of sucks.

I hear you about the sweating. The best wig I ever had was one called “Newscaster” (unofficial Ron Burgundy) I wore in a production of “Boeing Boeing”. It was a guy’s wig but the length made it easy to give it feminine styling.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love my wigs. Putting on the right wig turns me from a guy in a dress, pantyhose and heels with breasts into a girl. I’ve seen many other guys turn into beautiful women when putting on a wig. Wigs are so magical and transformational.

That being said though, I have often found going out wearing a wig in the summer when it’s hot and humid is like wearing a hat. It is very hot and I sweat under it. For that reason, I often don’t go out femme when the weather is like that.

This thread was started last year but thought I would reply to it since summer is around the corner.

I use a product called HEADLINE IT.

It is a wig liner that absorbs the sweat.

You can find the product on Amazon, some wigs shops carry them.

Google HEADLINE IT to find a distributer close to you.

Alanna

Thanks for the detailed instructions, Jessica. I have printed them out to use. Best, Marlene.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?