Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Im sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find it.
      I am completely bald, and my wig will not stay “solid” on my head. I have the bands tightened, but maybe the shape of my head? it still slides around.
      Besides 2 sided tape, are there any other suggestions?
      Regi.

Glue.

Im bald too, and the website where I bought my most recent purchase( my favourite and most expensive so far ) also sold wig glue. It really does hold the wig properly in place, and is a water based glue. Takes a bit of peeling off, and the residue is a bit of a nuisance to get off, but gives you the confidence to know it will stay put until you decide to remove it.

Hope this helps Regine.

❤️Bianca

Thanks Bianca, but my wig is human hair, from a cancer service place, and the $ I paid for it,(bought it for my SO a few years ago) I dont really fancy putting glue on it
        Regi

Anonymous

There is a wig accessory called Wig Grip Cap that I have heard is really good.

canadawig.com and tab accessories.

Jessica

Thank you Jessica, im checking it out now
        Regi

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

take a look at Godiva Secret wigs, They have a head band that seems to really work to hold the wig n place. you can also add clips to the wig to help if needed.

Thank you, mine had the clips, but they are like little jaws that bite into your head, and I had to remove them, lol
        Regi

Anonymous

Bald thru choice as my natural hair grows so slowly but I have a vast range of wigs that make me happy and I look good for a girl of my years xx

Roberta Broussard
          Duchess - Annual

with the head band they bite into it instead of you.

Ah, ok, im ordering a headband now, thank you

Anonymous

Hi Regine! I wanted to throw in my two cents worth in regard to wearing wigs. I’ve been bald most of my life and still have a fringe of hair on the sides and back, I’ve always had an issue with my wig slipping or not staying put very well. I decided about a month ago to try and find a solution. While looking at wigs on Amazon I ran across this:

Beaugee Wig Grip Headband, Bundle with Free Comb – Adjustable Comfort Head Hair Band for Women – Velvet Material – Velcro Closure – Non Slip, Keeps Wig Secured – Prevents Headaches & Hair Loss (Beige) Sold by: Beaugee

I also found this on Vogue Wigs: GRIPCAP COMFORT BAND AND WIG CAP

I’ve tried them both and was amazed at how well they both work. They are both very comfortable and really hold the wig in place. I think I like the band better than the cap, but only because the cap is just another layer of material on my hot head!

I hope this helps.

Hugs, Lisa

Hi Lisa, I actually ordered that band, and received it yesterday, It works superbly, Fixed my problem immediately, and I didn’t get the cap for the same reason, my head is always hot to begin with.
        Thanks so much for all the advice, ladies
        Hugs, Regi

Anonymous

Hi Regi darling …hope you are well..

Try superglue…holds the wig perfectly….

Smiles, grace ❤️❤️❤️

I’m not bored but I’ve dealt with those who are there are different things out there but with varying results depending on size of your head and skin type some people have very oily scalp which makes it difficul
      There is a glue out there that black women use for lace front wigs if you go on some of the sites you may find it or look it up under subject if you go to a beauty supply in a black neighborhood you will find that glue no problem
      The silicone man works well for a lot of people but if you have a large head they don’t make them big enough and you can’t slice them together because no kind of adhesive will stick to the silicone making modifying them a problem
      The other thing you might want to try is a spray breast adhesive for breast forms I’ve known people who’ve used it to some success but you have to make sure that the glue is dry before you put on your head or it will burn the skin
      One thing you might try is using a deodorant on your head so it doesn’t sweat as much sometimes that becomes a problem when using adhesive and there are clothing adhesives that you can use that are harmless
      I know one person uses fashion tape to some success but when she sweats the tape let’s go hence the fact for using deodorant that will work to a certain extent I even use it on my face prevent losing the makeup on hot days it works very well
      Good luck Donatello

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?