Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So not makeup related, but an important product to complete the right look. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to look for in buying a wig or how to determine the right type of wig? I’m guessing this might not be something that can easily be purchased online the first time, an expert opinion might be essential, but figured it was worth asking.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Contact Femme Fever and make an appointment. You will get expert advice and a makeover that will amaze you.

I definitely will, I just don’t think I will be able to afford the visit that I want until closer to April.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When you think you are ready financially and maybe psychologically, definitely do it. In fact, check the femme fever website before and after photos. You will be amazed. What they do is magic.

I’ve looked at some of the before and afters. Some amazing transformations. I can’t wait.. I wish I could do it sooner but I’m expecting it to cost a few hundred, need to get some saved first as money has been super tight lately.

Are you in any of those pics?

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Money is super tight for many of us. I don’t even want to think of the financial beating I took the past few years. It messed up a lot of plans and totally changed my lifestyle. I understand.

I don’t believe I am in any of those before/after pics.

This lifestyle certainly doesn’t allow for a lot of savings… I spent way more then I had planned on this week, and I still have no clue where to hide things.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I find as a hobby cross dressing is relatively cheap. I buy my shoes on sale or closeout. Same with my dresses, tops and skirts. You may need your own little storage box in back of a closet, in the garage or attic. There used to be another cross dresser business where they would rent storage space for those who had no place to keep their outfits. You may be able to get that with FF too.

Patty Phose
      Duchess
      Patty Phose
      Duchess

Well that didn’t work. Too much gobbledygook or something.

Try this

https://www.crossdresser.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-right-crossdressing-wig-style-for-your-face

Awesome. Thank you. I’ll definitely take a look at that.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Color and style make a huge difference. For instance, I love being blonde. I have a couple of blonde wigs, both of them I like very much. They give me a totally different look. My wife thinks I’m better off in brown tones. The blonde is just too much.

I’ve worn the blonde wigs out a few times. I was told by professional makeover artists that a brown or auburn with some red tones in it is more suitable with my complexion.

When you go for your professional makeover, you will be evaluated by an expert or experts. They will know right away what color and style hair will look best on you, what shade of foundation is best, how to do flattering highlights, get your eyes right and what styles and colors of clothing will be most flattering.

I’ve been totally amazed with their skills. It’s like magic. I’ve witnessed before and after transitions, and I’ve seen after to before changes. Ordinary looking guys were transformed into absolutely gorgeous, sexy women. And I’ve seen gorgeous, sexy women literally disappear and there is just an ordinary looking guy.

Sure, look around for different hair styles and colors. Maybe you can get a wig app like you did with the makeup or photo shop something. Also remember what you see and like may not be how others see you. Take some pictures of yourself. I think that will help give you an image of what others see. Do you look like the attractive girl you want to be or did you miss the mark.

That makes a lot of sense… I’m hoping a reddish style works for me… I love red hair. I like the style of the first picture that I posted, with the halo, although the hair doesn’t look very real. It’s hard to measure up the sizing of the head to the wig on there, otherwise I’m really happy with that pic, so maybe it will work for me. I wish I had the money to go sooner. I’m expecting it to cost at least $300.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

You can suggest that when you go or try to play with photo shop or some other kind of app like you did with the makeup. One of my brown wigs has red tones in it. I like it a lot. How much it’s going to cost depends on what you want.

I meant that I expect the over to cost that much, based on the pricing on the website.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

The more you want the more it will cost naturally.

I figured as much.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

If you want to buy a top of the line human hair wig and designer clothes you will pay more or you can get something for much less from Amazon or Light In the Box and get clothes from a thrift shop.

I’ll definitely consider buying wigs online down the line, but I worry that buying the first one online could be a mistake since I’ll have nobody to give me advise on what works and I can’t try anything on. I found a page on Crossdresser.com which gives some instruction on measuring the cheek bones, jaw line, forehead and length of the face to find the right facial shape and then will help narrow down from there, there are some that I really like on there, but I’m not sure what lengths or colors I could pull off well enough. Years ago I purchased a wig online because I was terrified of going into a store, and it was garbage. Spent a good amount of money on it, but it just never looked right on me.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

You can go to Party City and see what they have their or look online at the store site. They are costume wigs but some are not bad. They look pretty decent.

That’s not a bad idea actually. So at least I’m not dropping a lot of money

Patty Phose
      Duchess

A pretty decent wig is not much more money than a costume or cos play wig. If you find a color and style you really like, you can still wear the costume wig for fun but get something similar that is better.

I saw one that looks pretty close to what I like from party citys website for $25. Might order it, haven’t decided yet.

Patty Phose
        Duchess

Or you can just go into one of the many local party city stores and just buy it.

Rose
      Lady

Hi Crystal.

When I was ready for my first wig, I used either the link Patty posted or something very similar to figure out my face shape. While I also love red / auburn hair, I decided to go with one that was closer to my natural color. (Or, at least, my natural color before I started going gray.) I bought my first wig from wigs-us [dot] com. Including shipping, I paid $44 for my first wig. You can see it in the picture I have in “My Media” on my profile. In hindsight, I need to get something a little bit longer, I think.

I also recently purchased two wigs off eBay. I’m still waiting for them to arrive, so I can’t say what the quality is like. The price, of course, was fantastic. The biggest problem for me there is the waiting; in both cases, it’s coming from China, so it can take up to 6 weeks or so to arrive. If you don’t mind the wait, though, eBay can be a good opportunity to explore lengths and colors somewhat inexpensively.

Crystal,   I have to agree with you Wigs don’t belong in this forum and should be moved. by an administrator.

I’ve just purchased an Auburn Wig from http://www.paulayoung.com and I love it.  Wigs are so personal that it’s a good idea to visit a shop and try some on.  I didn’t read all the comments but that’s what I did first.  You should try to get an idea of what you looking for before going.  Good Luck

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?