Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Aoife
      Lady

I don’t know if this counts for this forum, but I am a serious wine professional (if there’s any other you may recognize my avatar – bravo!) and would love to reach out to any of the girls who also are or even more so work in this industry. Just love talking about it. At times been pretty serious about other beverages (home brewed often before my daughter was born) but as long as I’m stuck outside the UK wine reigns supreme.

Also, I work at a good store in Nashville. Would be happy to give times it’s likely to be slow and I would be able to check anyone out whose dressed without any funny looks when I see your ID. If you look a bit masc I’ll say nothing more than, “Aoife here,” or if I know we’ve interacted, “hearts and rainbows.”

Hi Aoife ! Pleased to meet you. When I was younger I too was into wine. In Vietnam we used to brew up batches from the local fruit and other interesting fermentables!  Some of it was pleasent, some of it downright nasty and some was really good disinfectant for battle wounds. It was a non-stop contest between us and the Colonel over funny smells. One took a huge chance with the locally brewed products as the enemy put poison and ground glass into some of their stuff.  To-day I only drinl French reds and German whites. I just feel, personnaly, my tongue loves them, and no other countries wine is quite the same.

Dame Veronica

Aoife
        Lady

Veronica, that is a completely reasonable conclusion. Being young and regrettably not focusing on wine until two years ago or so, I am still into trying a lot of new things, especially the more uncommon stuff. Perhaps there is a parallel to my putting off accepting my need to dress there… But I definitely lean toward French reds. If not French, at least French in origin, and I suppose the same could be said with German whites. Lately I am particularly fond of Oregon white blends, typically with a lot of Riesling and Gewürtztraminer and often fulled with Müller-Thurgau. I know the last one is typically nothing special, but I’ve liked it in the more affordable stuff and my shop recently started carrying a Czech 100% M-T I am dying to try.

Hearts and rainbows,

Aoife

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

o-day I only drinl French reds and German whites. I just feel, personnaly, my tongue loves them, and no other countries wine is quite the same.

Ah Dame Veronica methinks we have quite a debate coming up here. Long time Aussie “wino” here, (that’s an affectionate term down here, not the usual opposite).

There’s “barrels” more to our wine Industry here than the cheap and cheerful “:sunshine in a bottle” stuff you would see in your supermarkets over there.

I’m a bit short of time tonight, so I just wanted to “register for this conversation”

There WILL be more later, but in the meantime check out my photo of a few weeks back drinking a fine Oz Chardonnay whilst out to dinner as Caty

This brings the subject back to “on topic”.  well almost…

Happy sipping

Caty

Aoife
        Lady

Hi Caty.

There is definitely some good Aussie stuff available up here. I know that one of our local competitors has been bankrupting his store on some of that stuff. It’s something I need to explore more myself. I am not sure where I stand on Shiraz/Syrah in general, so that has definitely kept my pace a bit slow, but I was able to taste a very expensive one front Penfold’s this week and loved it so who knows? I do like the Chards I’ve had and have been very curious about the Riesling you have.

Very excited to hear more from you.

Hearts and rainbows,

Aoife

I am by no means a connoisseur but I do enjoy wine and prefer reds. I don’t have a preference as far as type but typically choose Washington State products as I live here. My wife and I belonged to a wine club for a while which was fun, interesting and we learned a lot. In fem I always drink a red wine when out. I have been planning some wine tasting days but have yet to find the time-so much for this girl to do and so little time…

Sandy

Aoife
        Lady

Love Washington reds. I try to drink local as much as I can (unfortunately that’s limited to beer and liquor here in Tennessee), so that must be real nice up there. Always impressed with Washington merlot.

hearts and rainbows,

Aoife

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Aoife,

Wish I could drink wine!  Sadly, my body and wine do not seem to work well with each other.  But I live vicariously through others while I sip my craft beer or mixed drink. hugs, Michelle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?