Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Paula
      Lady

Hello ladies. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving here in America.

im looking for feminine winter outerwear like a warm trench coat or a light jacket.
      I do have long arms and usually wear a 12/24 dress. Does anyone have any suggestions on what works for them or where to look?

Morning Paula, I’m just in the middle of this right actually. I ordered a large woman’s light winter jacket and it’s to small. Going to the Mall to return it and hopefully get a XL.
      Thanks

Ashley.

Hi Paula,

Try looking for a tall sized coat.  Lane Bryant offers talks in some items and they are CD friendly.  The tall sizes should have longer sleeves.

Alice

If it is more dressy, I have had good luck at one of the typical mall stores, JC Penny, Macy’s  but for causal warmth, Costco has some nice options, at reasonable prices. A very heavy girlfriend found Torrid to have better options for her.

Carla

I guess I’ve been lucky in this vein.

For real lightweight (early fall or late spring), I use either a cardigan or a jeans jacket.  I’ve worn these both in male and female mode, and no one in male mode has noticed the buttons are on the women’s side.

For a bit colder but not the dead of winter, I will usually wear a lightweight waist-length nylon quilted jacket that I got from Costco.  Despite its light weight, it is surprisingly warm.  This too I can get away with when in male mode.  For more dressy occasions, I usually go with a suede car coat with a diagonal zipper.  I bought this from Dress Barn before they closed their brick and mortar stores. In either case, if it gets a bit cold I also have some women’s gloves to go with it.

For the winter I bought an ankle length (or sometimes called maxi) nylon quilted coat with a hood from Roamans.  This is nice because it is so long, you can wear any length dress or skirt beneath it and still be warm.  For more dressy occasions, I found a number of years ago at Goodwill a woman’s woolen trench coat in bright red in my size.  The trench coat has such a deep V cut that it is usually necessary to wear a scarf with it.  And being from Goodwill, it was an absolute bargain at $14.00!

Nancy
      Lady

I understand this problem all too well myself. I also have very long arms, so if I find a coat that has long enough arms, then the body is huge and baggy on me.

Eileen, I’m actually looking for a parka myself, to keep me cozy warm in the winter. I think a parka with fur around the hood can be very cute! 🙂

Birel

You might check out Long Tall Sally.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?