Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Paula Hess
    Participant
    Registered On: January 8, 2021
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 192

Hello ladies. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving here in America.

im looking for feminine winter outerwear like a warm trench coat or a light jacket.
    I do have long arms and usually wear a 12/24 dress. Does anyone have any suggestions on what works for them or where to look?

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robyn Drake
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: March 19, 2019
      Topics: 52
      Replies: 663

You might check out Long Tall Sally.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Birel Galanodel
      Lady
      Registered On: May 3, 2020
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 338

I understand this problem all too well myself. I also have very long arms, so if I find a coat that has long enough arms, then the body is huge and baggy on me.

Eileen, I’m actually looking for a parka myself, to keep me cozy warm in the winter. I think a parka with fur around the hood can be very cute! πŸ™‚

Birel

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 699

I guess I’ve been lucky in this vein.

For real lightweight (early fall or late spring), I use either a cardigan or a jeans jacket.Β  I’ve worn these both in male and female mode, and no one in male mode has noticed the buttons are on the women’s side.

For a bit colder but not the dead of winter, I will usually wear a lightweight waist-length nylon quilted jacket that I got from Costco.Β  Despite its light weight, it is surprisingly warm.Β  This too I can get away with when in male mode.Β  For more dressy occasions, I usually go with a suede car coat with a diagonal zipper.Β  I bought this from Dress Barn before they closed their brick and mortar stores. In either case, if it gets a bit cold I also have some women’s gloves to go with it.

For the winter I bought an ankle length (or sometimes called maxi) nylon quilted coat with a hood from Roamans.Β  This is nice because it is so long, you can wear any length dress or skirt beneath it and still be warm.Β  For more dressy occasions, I found a number of years ago at Goodwill a woman’s woolen trench coat in bright red in my size.Β  The trench coat has such a deep V cut that it is usually necessary to wear a scarf with it.Β  And being from Goodwill, it was an absolute bargain at $14.00!

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 46
      Replies: 1267

Since you have long arms I would suggest looking at sites that cater to tall women. For jackets I’ve had good luck with Long Tall Sally. I have two biker jackets,one brown leather and the other black leather which are great for fall and spring. For winter I bought a black leather lined parka from a catalog that offered women’s tall size leather coats/jackets but that was years ago and it’s been awhile since they sent me catalogs.Β  Good luck.

Carla Roberts
      Duchess
      Registered On: July 28, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 38

If it is more dressy, I have had good luck at one of the typical mall stores, JC Penny, Macy’s Β but for causal warmth, Costco has some nice options, at reasonable prices. A very heavy girlfriend found Torrid to have better options for her.

Carla

Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 145

Look for tall sizes, you gals tend to have longer arms. A size larger to get the right sleeve length might help. My sweetie found three slightly used coats that look good on her. A long trench coat, a slightly warmer waist length, and a heavy duty parka for those days when no one cares about fashion.

Hugs, Eileen

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 90
      Replies: 4664

Hi Paula,

Try looking for a tall sized coat. Β Lane Bryant offers talks in some items and they are CD friendly. Β The tall sizes should have longer sleeves.

Alice

Ashley Konners
      Lady
      Registered On: August 15, 2020
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 412

Morning Paula, I’m just in the middle of this right actually. I ordered a large woman’s light winter jacket and it’s to small. Going to the Mall to return it and hopefully get a XL.
      Thanks

Ashley.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2022 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account