Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

In my travels around the county, I was asked if I would be interested in co hosting a charitable womanless beauty pageant.  I would be the hostess, wearing an evening gown, while my counterpart, the host, would wear a tux.  I have never performed in such a role, although over the years, I have been a contestant in a few such beauty pageants.

The entire event is still in the talking stage but is looking possible.  My concern is that the contestants make some sort of effort to look female, in order to give the event a degree of reality.  Years ago, I had the honor to view the Miss Engineering Womanless Pageant in the Philippine Islands at the University of the Philippines-Dilman.  That experience left me near speechless, after seeing how the young men prepared themselves for the pageant.

Have any of you ladies ever had any experiences with womanless beauty pageants?

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Womanless beauty pageants are an amazing phenomenon in the high schools in the States, along with dressing up at Halloween. This is something that doesn’t happen here in the U.K. It is a tradition that happens even in  States that would not be thought of as accepting of males dressing as females. The mothers who make their sons look like real girls taking time over every detail and everyone getting into the spirit of things. I have seen some amazing transformations. The Miss Engineering pageants are at another level and I question whether it is just usual guys entering.

The closest I have come was entering a beauty competition when I was about 13. It was a fun night at my fathers work social night ending with a beauty contest with an open entry. My sister and mother dressed me up and I looked every inch a girl to the point that when I needed the loo I was walking towards the mens when a chap stopped me and said the ladies were over there! I paraded around the floor in my best style and at the end I was a winner! ! Not only did I love every moment but won a cash prize too. I was never sure that my sister or mum said anything but what an experience.

I just wish that those pageants happened here.

I entered a lovely legs competition at a caravan park near Great Yarmouth..We had to stand behind a screen with just our legs showing.

My friend won a holiday for having the nobbliest knees.

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

When I was in high school, we would have a “Girl of My Screams” contest to raise money for various activities. It was a hoot seeing the boys, especially the jocks dress up. Everyone would wear a wig, make up, dress, heels, etc.

I never participated because I was totally sure that the mention of it would bring strong disdain from my father. One of those “I wish I would have” moments.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

None in Australia and even if there were, as much as I would have loved to be in one, a/. I attended an all male trade oriented high school, (aka Tech’s) and b/. unlike in the USA, my parents would have had none of it.Tho my Mum may have relented… She must have guessed at some stage I was “into” her things……..

Last but not least, back when I was that age, Australia was quite the homophobic intolerant kind of place, in mine was a reasonably tough school environment. Half the kids in my class would have bullied me to the nth degree had it all happened. I copped a bit of that anyway…..

Tho I seem to recall the year after I left a newish English teacher staged a play with female roles involved. Ah… If only I’d been there then…

Caty

Caty.

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

I should have added that back in the 60’s, at least here in Melbourne, the “upscale” all boys private schools were right into staging elaborate plays, with any female roles being played by boys.

Thus I clearly remember in “August 1960” one such school did Wilde’s “The Importance Of Being Earnest” and given my love of period female fashion,  I’ve been jealous of male actors playing Lady Bracknell ever since!!…..

These days, I am therefore  wont to muse about how many dusty old photo albums of “eminent persons” in Australian  society have shots of them in all their teenage  “femme finery”

Happy dressing

“Lady”?? Caty

PS This all died right out in later years, all boys and all girls schools would combine to stage their productions.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Thank you to the girls who provided input.

I had another meeting, concerning putting on a womanless beauty pageant, and we are going to give it some more time to study so that when we eventually have a pageant it will be a first rate show.

With COVID fading into the shadows, womanless beauty pageants are returning once again all over the southern USA where they have always been very popular.  I am going to attend a some of these pageants and speak to the producers for the purpose of learning all I can.

Peggy Sue

Never have Peggy but that would be my dream as long as it was a romantic lingerie pageant lol!

As Angela says we don’t have Womanless Pageants here in the UK.I do have memories of a contest at a Holiday campsite club in Dawlish Warren,a seaside resort in South Devon in the UK.This was back in 1970 when I was ten ,I was there with my parents.If I remember rightly, the object of the contest was for the men to dress as ladies and the ladies to dress as men.There was a young boy participating who I estimate to have been between fourteen and sixteen.He made a very convincing girl,needless to say I was very jealous.I didn’t make a direct comment about it to my mum but remember reluctantly dancing with my mum after the contest and saying that I would never want to be a girl.This of course was completely untrue as I had wanted to be a girl for as long as I can remember.Two years later,I would sneak into my parents bedroom and try on my mum’s tights.That was the official start of my life as a crossdresser.

Apart from my earlier posting in this thread about seeing a young boy dressing up as a girl in a holiday camp beauty contest I can’t remember seeing any incidences of boys of about my age or older dressing up as girls.I did see a couple of boys wearing girls tights in school and college concerts but they were not dressed up as girls,probably dressed as pixies or elves.Didn’t say much evidence of it on tv either in my mid sixties\ early seventies childhood.Apart from an episode of an Australian TV show we got over here called The Magic Boomerang ,where a teenage boy dressed up as a middle aged lady,possibly the lad’s Aunt.I remember one of the girls in my primary school class showing some of her fellow girl pupils a story in a girl’s comic where a young boy dressed as a girl.It was only a comic but I was intrigued and very jealous.

On YouTube some years back I saw an episode from an Australian kids show where the two lead boy characters dress up as girls in order to get close to some girls they had taken a fancy to.One of the lads looked a little awkward but his friend made a very convincing girl and his character really relished it.I think the young actor playing the role looked as if he was enjoying it too.Unless,it was a case of good acting lol!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?