Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Growing up my high school had a womanless pageant every year. I participated all three years I could. I had been dressing for years in my mom’s things but the chance to wear clothes from a girl my age was a wonderful experience.

The first year the girl who helped me was a cheerleader. Her and her best friend dressed me up at her house for the trial run. The highlight for me was getting to wear her cheer uniform. They laughed and giggled the whole couple hours I was there. They settled on a simple navy crushed velvet dress. The event was kind of a blur hard to enjoy it when your trying not to enjoy it too much.

The second year was fun my neighbor dressed me that year. She was in my class since kindergarten and we were good friends she also dressed me my senior year.  I wore a white dress with little flowers all over it. This was a similar experience to the year before.

The last year was when the big event happened. My mom decided I need a more formal dress since it was my last time…. or was it? She called around and found a few prom dresses for me. There was a green off the shoulder dress. It was cute but I barely fit. There was a blue long halter dress. I liked it but showed my shoulders too much.  The winner was a multi colored sequined dress. It had a higher neckline so no cleavage issues and was just above the knee. All three were in my closet for a week needless to say I tried them on every night after everyone else was asleep.

My mom and my neighbor had planned to do a dry run the Thursday before the big day after work and school.  Being a senior I got out at lunch. So I went home and of course had to try everything before they got to see it. I borrowed some of my mom’s panties and the longline bra they had decided would need. I stuffed with some of my mom’s knee highs and put on some of her pantyhose. I slipped on the sparkly heels I had borrowed from my neighbor she had worn in a pageant. I was fitting the wig my mom had gotten me when I heard a car door. I looked out and my mom was walking to the house . No time to change so I just meet her in the living room.  She was shocked but took it in stride. She had gotten off early and had gone to the grocery store.  She had me go to the car and unload them and put them away. She then checked me out. She made some adjustments and called the neighbor who came right over they proceeded to do my makeup and added some costume jewelry. This was 2 in the afternoon. The neighbor left and my mom had me help her cook dinner and talked I felt like a daughter. She made me stay dressed till my dad got home at 5. My little brother thought it was hilarious.

After dinner it got interesting.  My mom helped me take off the makeup and put everything in a bag for the next day. She then helped me undress. The look on her face when she unzipped me and saw I was wearing her panties was priceless. She told me to put them in the laundry after I showered. I put everything else in the bag and hung the dress back up.  I showered and returned to my room to find my mother waiting to talk.

She started by telling me she enjoyed our girl day but that it was a one time thing. Dont get any ideas. She then told me it was wrong to wear her panties and not to do that again.  She didnt go into too much detail but I understood she didn’t approve of my actions. But at the same time she let me off easy. I think she knew I had been wearing her things for years.

All in all it was a memorable day the pageant wasn’t much to talk about my then girlfriend couldn’t believe I wore a prom dress and all but told me this was the reason we wouldn’t last. Me and my mom never have talked about that day but she loves to tell everyone now how pretty I was those pageants.  My wife knows and we have talked about it. She thinks my mom knows that I still dress. Maybe one day I will come out to her about it.

Terri
      Duchess

I started going out when I was almost 30, im now 70. I have heard so many different stories over the years. I still love hearing them. Thank you for telling your story.

you are so lucky to have Womanless pageants over there, as we don’t have anything like that here in Australia, thank you for your story

Anonymous

Not in UK neither, never heard of it to be honest. Bit of an education.

Anonymous

Here in the south we have them for fundraisers. Usually supposed to be funny. Most boys dont take them seriously.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi Gabrielle,

WOW!! Great story and like Paula I am soooo envious. I have followed the Womanless Pageant thing in your country for many years and would have loved to have participated in my early years…

They get a lot of publicity on Femulate.org and one of the things that gets mentioned a lot is the “WP,s’ seem to occur mostly in the southern states of the USA. Which conversely seem to be the most conservative in so many other areas.

And before I get myself into any strife, I hereby quote the old very famous adage …

“I observe, I do not criticize”

The closest we ever came to the above here was when wealthy private schools of the 60’s and 70’s would stage their annual plays with boys playing female roles.

That all ended when it became common to work in with a “suitable” all girls school.

It would never have worked for me as I attended an all male public trade oriented school. We had next to no drama classes or co-operation with any other school in the area

Happy dressing

Caty

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Harking back to the extensive coverage of these events on Femulate. (There’s a huge Fliker via Femulate page devoted to them),its often been speculated just how many times they contributed to young boys ending up as full on CD’s!!

Further comments of course would be welcome

Caty.

Anonymous

I started way before doing the first one

Anonymous

I would love to have had the chance to participate in a pageant…I never knew they existed…my loss! LOL!

Hugs,

Shawna

Hello Gabrielle; Thank you for sharing that fun story. If you don’t mind me asking. Why did your mother object to you wearing panties that last year? Did she know you did the pageant the first two years and did you wear panties then too? If the objection was because you had on her panties, that’s understandable. If not, was she expecting you to wear your male underwear? Regardless, you were very lucky to have so many girls and women willing to help you during those times.

Anonymous

I was wearing hers. So that was the problem. The first two years I sadly wore my male underwear.

Anonymous

Thanks fo r sharing Gabrielle, what a fun time at all 3 pageants.  Your Mom was a great sport, she gave you a talk but did let you off easy.  I think she must have known.  Mothers have great intuition.

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing Gabrielle, what a fun time at all 3 pageants.  Your Mom was a great sport, she gave you a talk but did let you off easy.  I think she must have known.  Mothers have great intuition.

I got bored  and dug till I found  this. I posted it years ago the first time I joined here. It’s one of my favorite memories growing up. I wish I could do a pageant now. My wife hates when my mom brings up the stories about this. Not because of the content. My mom brings it up at awkward moments and in front of my kids and goes on about how pretty I was as a girl.

Rochelle Mills
        Baroness

Gabby — Thanks so much for resurrecting your post from a ways back.  Since I first read about womanless pageants in various high schools a few years ago (Femulate blog has featured many examples), I’ve been fascinated by the idea and would’ve loved the opportunity to participate in one myself.  Sounds like you have many fond memories of your three pageants.  Does your High School still hold these pageants?

Even though your mom seems to needle you a bit about what a pretty girl you were in the pageants, I have to believe she is still proud of her part in your transformation.  She may also be aware of your feminine side and one day it make work out to talk with her about it…

Rochelle

No the school stopped the pageants five years ago because they didn’t want to offend anyone. My thought was it was recruiting people lol. My mom is one person that I will come out to soon. Her comments and actions lead me to believe that she knows. My shaved legs don’t bother her.

Rochelle Mills
            Baroness

Glad to hear you plan to come out to your mom soon. And shaved legs are wonderful!

Interesting but not surprising to hear that your school discontinued womanless pageants a few years ago. What was once viewed generally as an opportunity for the moms/sisters/girlfriends to showcase their beautification skills, may be viewed more recently as somehow supporting trans youth or simply giving other school boys the notion that it may be natural/OK to explore their feminine sides.

They said it was offensive to gay students

Rochelle Mills
            Baroness

Wow

There was a fear since alot of the contestants were going for a humorous approach that it was mocking transgender people

Gee, they had to reach for that one…

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Gabby, thanks sharing your wonderful story and also for coming back to CDH. Your mom and the other women who helped you had no idea what effect dressing would have on you I’m sure. Seems parents love to bring up cute embarrassing moments from their kids past. Does your wife know you still like to dress?

Yes my wife has known since we were dating.  I dressed 2 nights ago and did her nails and talked about somethings going on in our relationship

Interesting how sometimes circumstances come together to reveal our truth…

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Loved your old post, hope you can come out to your mother soon and all goes well. I wish I had come out to my mother, she passed almost 2 years ago now. I think my mother would have been at least some accepting but I will never know.
        Cassie

Anonymous

Of course your mom knows you still dress. Maybe a one-off could be forgotten, but three years running, with so much participation on your part. In spite of herself (perhaps) she obviously enjoyed being part of it and involving the neighbor, showing you off to the rest of the family, and spending the time with her “daughter”. I suspect that as a parent her words reflected the problems she feared life might present, but now my guess is that she realizes or at least hopes you have a supportive partner and happily incorporated dressing as part of your life.

Anonymous

I am totally jealous of those of you who were able to participate in womanless pageants. Such events were simply unheard of where I grew up.

Krisy
      Lady

Wow, that’s the first time I have heard of them. What an amazing experience, I love the idea but I may have been too nervous to join in at that age but I know I would have learned a lot about myself if I had the chance.

Kristy xx

Had some people asking in chat so I responded so hopefully they can find this

Julie
        Lady

Interesting story. I had no idea it was your post Gabby.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?