Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

Hi there, girls! I need some advice on hip enhancers/pads…
      1) I’ve never used any before/I don’t know what to look for.
      2) Are there any that can be used with short shorts? All I find are really long.
      3) Any other tips are very much appreciated!

Anonymous

I have a small oval pair, but I’m not sure that even those would work with short shorts (is that the same as hot pants? Think Harley Quinn)

The alternative would be to use the large ones but under really opaque tights?

Connie
      xxx

Anonymous
        Lady

Yes, hot pants! I never can remember that they are call hot pants…

Anonymous

If you can pull off Harley Quinn shorts – respect!

I seem to remember that some years back there was a fad for short denim cutoffs over black opaques, so you’ve got precedent for that look. it was teenagers, mind.

Connie
          xxx

Anonymous
            Lady

I’m fortunate enough that I have a nice shapely butt (from my dads side ironically lol) but I need the hips in order to pull it all off

Jackie
      Ambassador

Cady the best thing you can do is make your own from foam rubber. You can choose your own thickness, length, size in general. Some of my first one’s I made was with girdles, I used my mothers sewing machine to sew pockets on the inside of them then squished foam rubber into them. I did the same thing with my butt padding. Depending on the extent of how much you want to add to your hip and butt size . They sell some really nice one’s on eBay, Amazon, The Drag Queen Closet and several other online stores. They have some that are almost like panties that you can wear with shot shorts, mini skirts and club dresses. I myself prefer one size smaller so it will also replace a gaff instead of wearing both. The only other two ways I know is butt and hip exercises or multiple pairs of pantyhose.

I’ve tried a few different foam hip pads I ordered online. Some built into body shaping bottoms, and some not. Long of it short, I didn’t find any of the options to work well. Big waste of money. Probably because they’re designed for skinny women who already have the basic shape.

I haven’t tried any of the hip/butt pads that are specifically designed for crossdressing. I would imagine they’re going to give significantly better results.

I do have some good news if you’re mildly crafty. I ordered a cheap roll of bed topper foam online for $20. I did this to make sure it had some squish to it, as well as being more affordable than a generic roll of foam from a craft store. Another bonus was that I had plenty of leftover material. I was able to make a few different sized pads, throw out screw ups, make a butt pad, and still had plenty leftover for future projects.

How I made it: I cut out the overall shape I wanted with scissors. Then I trimmed the sides thinner. The outter edge I made as thin as I could. Left the middle thick. This hid the seams when I put it on under shape wear. I think it took about an hour of my time. I was very happy with the results. The pads lasted a long time. The only downside was all the little bits of foam I had to clean up.

Anonymous
        Lady

This is the outside-the-box thinking I love! I am crafty, so I’m going to try this. Thanks!

Awesome. Another nice thing about this method is that you can tweak it to get the perfect fit.

Anonymous
        Lady

How thick was the foam that you used?

I think it was about 1″. I actually don’t have it anymore. i need to remake it. I was surprised how much it increased my hips. I initially thought I would need something thicker, but with enough of it wrapped around me, it filled me out well. It also gave me a really smooth look.

If you’re thinking you might need something thicker, consider using two layers. Use some spray adhesive if it’s handy. The reason i say this was because I have a ton of leftover foam. No reason to buy a more expensive thicker one if you don’t need. But get a thicker one if you wish. Whatever’s easier.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Wow, an hour of your time…. Sounds a lot easier than the exercises I have been doing for the last year!

Hugs,

Lara

CelesteCD
        Lady

Sadly I know those exercises as well.  Still waiting for the big payoff 🙂

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

I seem to be getting a slow payoff. My skirts are fitting a little better. I do need to do them for my back as well,  so it’s not that terrible for me. The comparison to the time spent on making a set of pads just blows my mind though!

Hugs,

Lara

Pumped
      Lady

I bought some foam pads from Amazon and they are my go to pads. I bought a longer set I wear on my hips, and a short set I wear as butt pads. I get a nice curvy figure with them. As for pads and shorts, no clue how to make that work. I wear my pads with some very short dresses, but I wear a pair of support pantyhose than a pair of patterned tights over them and the pads are still slightly noticeable. The problem come in with the variation of skin color versus the pads, and the edge of the pad showing through. I generally don’t leave the house, and I certainly don’t roam around in pubic so my appearance does not need to be 100%. The neck up is a total loss any way!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?