Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

What size womens shoes do you wear?  I wear a size 11.  Size 11 womens shoes are hard to come by, even in shoe stores.  I did find a nice pair of black pumps in a thrift store.

Kerri

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Depending on the shape of the shoe, I’m in 12 or 12.5 US women’s shoe sizes.

I have a wide foot. I f I can find 12W…I’m a HAPPY girl!

walk proudly ladies!

xoxo

Rayna

Size 11 now, I used to be able to wear 10’s but as we get older it seems our feet tend to expand…
      It’s still relatively easy to get size 11, quite a few sources for sizes over 10, which is where many shoe stores stop.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

you think women’s 11 is hard, try 10.5.   Anything above women’s size 10 in half sizes are rarer than a hen’s tooth.

However, I bought 2 pairs of le chateau shoes in women’s 11 and one of them fits quite well.  I bought some from Target and they were too big so had to buy a shoe filler to make it fit.

Well this is tough I can wear women’s shoes in size 13 in most Torrid, and Long Tall Sally shoes size 14 in Target shoes online and 13 in Bellini shoes from DSW from pleaser or other lingerie or stripper type shoes typically a 15 or 16. All are online as I have never seen women’s shoes carried anywhere in store big enough to fit.Ihave purchased a couple from Amazon made in China and their size charts are all over the place typically need the 15’s and 16’s from there. I am really pleased with the Bellini bootie from DSW with 2.5 heel they look very nice and have an open toe.

Would be nice if stores carried larger sizes but I guess that would be the blessing of being a smaller man with smaller feet.

I wear size 11 as well but can wear certain pairs of size 10. DSW is great for finding my shoes.

I wear size 12 shoes. I get them mostly online, but I have found some nice one at DSW

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am a UK 7 – US 9. Yes I am very lucky. It seems that 7 is an average size in womens shoes now and is quite plentiful although the popularity of the size leads to a shortage of availability in the stores.  There are of course some discrepancy in sizing as I have found that I can fit in a size 6 and in a thrift store I saw a lovely pair of new Italian leather boots which looked my size but showed a size 5. I measured them against my shoe and tried them on and found they fitted perfectly!  I have seen some lovely heeled shoes in thrift stores that are very glamorous and the sizes are 8 or 9 and there seems to be quite a few in number. I often wonder if a ‘girl’ has had a purge as it isn’t uncommon to find this.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

In woman’s casual shoes, I am usually a 10M while in dress shoes a 10W is better. A 10.5 would be ideal but they are impossible to find.

I wear size 12 heels. Size 10.5 mens

I wear a women’s size 14.5/15. It really shuts down the impulse purchases at the thrift shops or department store sales. I did recently discover that some of the size 13’s at Torrid will fit.

I wear different sizes depending on the style of shoe. Before their stores closed, I got a size 12W closed toe 2.5″ heeled pump and a size 11W open toe 3″ full wedge shoe. My next purchase in shoes were Pleaser brand. I have a size 13 closed rounded toe 3.75″ heel  and a size 13 closed pointed toe 2.25″ heel; but the last few times I’ve worn this one it has been too tight and hurts my toes. I also have a size 14 open toe 3.66″ heeled shoe.

Anonymous

I’m lucky. I wear between a US8 to US9, depending on the brand. Pretty easy to find shoes that fit me. Even easier, because my wife wears about a half size smaller and shoes that she’s worn a while and stretched out a bit, and is donating to a charity store occasionally have made it into my stash.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Kerri,

I have gotten about half a dozen pair from Amazon. They were all from different venders in China. Except for one pair they were all size 13 women’s US. All of them fit well. I have pumps, sandals, and boots.
      I haven’t tried shopping for shoes in actual stores yet.
      I have looked online at Sketcher’s. It seems every time I see something I like there the biggest size available is 11.

💕Lara

I find that a 11.5 Women’s shoe size fits best for me

Kerrie:

I am also a size 11. Be thankful as the usual cut off used to be size 10. I don’t have much problem finding size 11 but a wide width would be helpful for closed shoes.

I have about 35 pairs, all size 11. Most are around 3” wedges with around a 1” platform. I have an arthritic ankle with limited flexibility, so a 2” to 2 1/4” rise is about it.

Eventually what I noticed is that I seem to be clustered around certain brands: Born, b.o.c (Born One Concept), Korks (a somewhat less expensive sub-brand for Kork-Ease, these are all HH Brown brands) and Callisto.

All my shoes were purchased online through DSW, Zappos, 6pm (clearance part of Zappos and both are now owned by Amazon), Peltz  and various department store web sites. It is rare for me to return shoes. When I have it is due to width or the toe band being too small. I don’t think that I have paid  full price for shoes in 9 or 10 years. I wait for sales and it’s fun to find something that I like in the $80 to $100 range on sale for $35 to $50.

For the new folks, the old Rule of Thumb of a 2 size numerical difference between male and female sizing seems to have changed. These days it is more like 1 to 1 1/2 sizes difference. You can find shoe size/measurements charts online for men and women. Measure your feet and then consult the size charts!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I wear a 9 or 91/2.

I wear a size ten in women’s shoes. For the longest time i had some problems finding shoes in my size at thrift stores regular stores life Famous Foot Wear. Though of late I very had better luck. A few months back I found a cute little pair of black ballerina flats at a thrift store a few towns over. I think I  paid a dollar for them. I wear them all the time. There is just something about those shoes and a cute pair of skinny jeans that make me feel beautiful,  feminine and even a little sexy. Expressing my femininity is such a rewarding, fulfilling experience.  It’s nice to feel pretty.  😍

PRETTY PINNY
      Duchess

Finding a men’s 6.5W is challenge in itself. Fortunately browsing and shopping on-line at Penningtons’ & The Bay for women’s 7W fit was much more rewarding and perfect for buying black 3″ heels, black 3″ block heels, 1.5″ black strap-on shoes!and 1″ gold open toed strap-ons.

Pretty Pinny

J J
      Lady

Typically I wear a 10.5, but can wear a 10 in some styles. Stores like Famous Footwear seem to carry some shoes to that size, but choices are limited. I prefer pretty classic styles, so those are usually available. plus, it is just more fun to shop in a store.

I am one of the lucky ones I guess – my shoe size is 7 to 8 depending on maker and model. A couple of years ago I was very chuft when visiting a crossdresser store in Germany, they told me they did not carry that shoe size as I could get shoes that fit me in any woman’s shoe shop. But even so, and although I have done it a couple or three times, I am still very nervous to go to buy shoes from stores. I usually get my shoes on line, of particular note is BananaShoes – great online shop.
      Christine

Sort of a silly attitude by that store. Often when you go to a store to buy one thing, it leads to the purchase of something else. My understanding of retail is to give people reasons to shop at your store and not the other way around…

I’m in a size 9s men’s shoe 👟 i don’t know what size that equates to in women’s size i think it may be a 10 or 11 , but I’ve got a wide instep so it makes it difficult to get the right size, I did buy myself a nice pair of black boots from a charity shop last year but i had to buy them blind because i couldn’t try them on in the shop, when i got them home and tried them on they fitted me like a glove though i didn’t wear them on my hands, lol X

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Measure your feet and then consult a chart such as this. I would also have a look at a few other charts as there can be a bit difference between them.

https://www.zappos.com/c/shoe-size-conversion

Thanks DeeAnn for the chart i shall measure my feet and look up the size X

Hugs Rozalyn X

I measured my feet and i would take a size 9s in the UK and a size 11s in the US , so no difference between my men’s shoes and the women’s shoe sizes,

Thanks!

Search for other charts as there is often some difference one to the next…

What i might do is go into a shoe store and ask to try them on, if they ask why i will just say I’m stocking up for when i transition X sounds good to me X

Hugs Rozalyn X

For me a 13w is sometimes too big and a 12w varies sometimes a little tight and sometimes just right. I have a couple pairs of pumps and flats that are that way. I guess it depends on the maker but just like so many womans clothes they are all over the place, I can’t figure it out nor can my wife.

Becka
      Lady

I’m lucky and wear a 10. I find them all the time!

I just bought a few pairs off Amazon. I wear a size 14 woman’s which you’ll never find in a store. I did notice that even though some shoes didn’t go as high as my size they did go to 11 most of the time. Some are even available in wide widths, which mine were. Being holiday ordering time is a great time to buy.

LL

Petra Sue
      Lady

I’ve got a US women’s 14/15 or EU 46.  It’s not easy finding shoes.  I’m glad to hear the Torrid 13s run big.  There was an online shop, Shoes of Prey, that sold some fun customizable shoes, but they went out of business.

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

I need a 14w or 14.5w, depending, if heels. I have two pair of ballerinas that are 14. I tried a pair of 13w sandals from Comfortview that I purchased through Woman Within and they fit great. My wife found a pair of fuzzy house slippers for me on Amazon that are 13.5.

Often the less structure that a shoe has allows them to enlarge a bit. Technically I need a W width, but often an M works sandals and slides…

J J
      Lady

My wife wears a women’s 13 which are hard to find in stores, so she orders most of her shoes from https://www.masseys.stoneberry.com/

Anonymous

So I need suggestions on my actual shop size. Unfortunately I have larger feet I wear between a 12-13 wide depending on the shoes in men’s. Just don’t want to guess on an expensive pair of heels any help would be greatly appreciated ladies 🤗

Read my posts in this thread…

I wear a men’s size 13, women’s size 14.5/15. Pleaser advises to go up two sizes. I have two pairs of their heels size 15 that fit perfectly. I have a pair of wedges from Torrid size 13 that fit pretty well. Torrid lists measurements for their sizing which I found to be helpful.

Torrid shoes should fit your wide feet and you can order them online and have them delivered to your home or delivered to a Torrid store near you. If your a 12 in mens order 12 from them if you are a 13 mens order size 13. If between then I suggest try closed toe 13 open toe 12 and see will probably be just fine.

Note that this works for Torrid, but not for others. Their size numbers are 1 size off compared to others. Seems to be a similar thought process to Chico’s for their clothes sizing. For Chico’s, would you rather look for size 18 dress or size 4? For Torrid, would you rather look for size 11 shoes or size 10? That would be how it would work for me.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?