• This topic has 10 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Becka.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies, Hope every one had a good Christmas holiday and a better New Year than 2020 dealt us.

I’ve been wanting to purchase rings, bracelets, etc. that would actually fit a CDer. Rings would be on the larger size (not exactly sure what size I need, so i need to figure that out first) as bracelets would be 8.5 to 9.5 inches.

So I am just wondering were you ladies purchase your jewelry and how did you determine what size that you needed?

Jennifer

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Jennifer,

Here’s what I do, and I have built up a huge collection of jewelry, over my years of cross dressing.  Nothing at all expensive, it is all costume jewelry.

I want to make sure what I buy fits, and I don’t want to spend much money.

My solution?  I make the rounds of thrift stores and estate sales.  My wife does this too, both for herself and for me.  Buying at these type venues, generally allows one to try on jewelry, prior purchasing it.  Rings often have the expansion-type band, which allows them to expand to any size.

In particular, we have found beautiful necklaces, rings, bracelets, toe rings, and anklets at estates sales, where sellers are often eager to unload jewelry by the bag or box full.

Thrift stores are generally easy to locate, whereas for locating estate sales, one has to sign up for weekly and monthly newsletters which list all estate sales in your local area.  Search the internet for estate sales listings.

Also, check Walmart stores.  They get in periodic jewelry shipments, which sell out fast, once they put the items out on the sales floor.  Make friends with sales associates, same for thrift stores.

Have fun being a girl!

I’ve taken pot luck with the many Chinese sites on Amazon, given a few items to my daughter, because of the fit, but erred on the large side and ended up with some quite stunning items for very little money (and a long wait).

Yaziland are a company I’ve made multiple purchases from – realistic looking rings for like £2 – and lovely jewellery!

Anonymous

I have purchased most of my jewelry at the Salvation Army or other thrift stores.

You may want to check out En Femme  The BreastFormStore  both advertise on CDH and have a jewlery section.

Jessica

Anonymous

Jennifer,

My wedding finger is size 10 1/2. So I went on Amazon and searched for CZ women’s engagement ring size 11 and many nice selections showed up. I will also be buying my earrings from Amazon once my ears heal. I have several on my wish list.

-Kay

Hi Jennifer,

Both Avenue and Catherines have closed their physical stores but items for larger sizes are available on-line.  Sign up for email and wait for sales.  Check the clearance sections for good deals too.

Charity shops, Goodwill, and church bazarres can be good places to look also.  Much for sale can be found for 50 cents or $1.00.

Have fun shopping,

Alice

You can get a set of sizing rings from Amazon so you’ll know what size each finger is for just a few bucks.

Bridgette vS

Jennifer, have you tried your local Torrid store, or Torrid.com.  They carry new, never worn jewelry in the larger sizes, 10+ for rings, and even the necklaces are a bit longer than at a typical women’s shop.  Goodwill and Salvation Army are also good places, and very affordable.  Consignment shops are good for finding antique and vintage costume jewelry, and usually for a fraction of what they are worth.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Hi Jennifer

I don’t possess any rings, however there are online ring guides explaining how to measure your size.

Bracelets I always purchase hinged bracelets, some sellers give you internal diameters.

Necklaces I do just by length i hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Sarah

I have quite a few costume jewellery.

For rings, I based it off my wedding band and went from there.  All of my rings are from Walmart, and the way it is sold, you can sort of slip you finger on the ring to try it out.

Pretty much everything else is from dollar stores.  Bracelets I buy the elastic band type, so it doesn’t matter how big your wrists are it will stretch out to fit.  Necklaces I haven’t had too many issues, except my latest one was a tad smaller than I thought but it still fit.

I don’t buy real jewellery, stuff around $10 or less is about as much as I am gonna spend on jewellery.

Becka
      Lady

second hand / thrift stores!

Reasonable prices, lots to choose from! I’ve bought several necklaces and bracelets! Oddly, this is the one thing my SO seems to be okay with, and have even purchased a couple necklaces for me. I am not a big “ring” person, so I usually do not buy rings.

Happy shopping!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?