Tagged: 

Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jayne
      Lady

I recently bought a pair of skinny jeans — from the men’s department, as it happens.  I love the way they fit in my hips and legs, but the waist is too loose.  so instead, it seems to me that I need a style that’s more fitted at the waist,  which probably means that it’s really women’s jeans I need.

The thing is, I’m worried about the other details that would come along with women’s styles.  Mainly room in the front, and a long enough fly.  But also adequate pockets.

Any advice?

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hi Jayne,

You basically have it.  Women’s jeans have a much closer fit down the front, Shorter zipper, shorter pockets, 5 pocket barely qualifies as the ‘watch’ pocket is not much more that a lipsick holder –  which works for me! – lol.

I have been dressing fully for much of the last 5 years and I no longer wear men’s pants. nor any thing else male.

Personally, I tuck and sit to use the facilities.  So it all works fine for me.

Terri Anne

I prefer women’s jeans.  They are softer, fit better.

For a man i am short, for a woman top end of average.  So women’s pants dont need to be hemmed.

Some days i tuck or tape everything away, other days, i just let the panties hold me in place and a little bulge shows. The lack of front pockets means that key go in the jacket.

I have been out and about today running errands. I took my purse.  The bank teller, the bank manger store clerks, not  seem to care one bit, that i was in women’s jeans, blouses,  high heels, painted nails, sparkly jewelry, eye makeup,  the red lips were  not visible under the mask. Big hoop earrings,  with my own short hair.

So i say wear what feels comfortable.

Paul

It depends on where you shop I suppose. Where I am in the US, Kohl’s has a fabulous selection of jeans without a lot of embellishment.

Jayne
        Lady

Hi, Dani, and thanks for the tip about Kohl’s.  Are there any particular brands that have worked well for you?

Also, is my girls’ size likely to be the same as my guys’ size?  I’ve read that subtracting a couple of inches is usually correct.

Hi Hon,

I like Sonoma, Apt 9 and Chaps for jeans. I tend to favor brands that suit the age group. Even tho JLo clothing is adorable, it is truly for younger girls. I’m not that young.

I’m a clothing whore – and don’t make excuses for it…

If you look thru Kohl’s online, you will see a sizing chart that makes sense.
          I am 5’11” and a few ounces below 199 lbs. (for anyone that knows me, that’s a number I haven’t seen in a long long time). My hips are atypical for a male – i.e. I have them. Ladies clothing simply fits better for me because of that.

Depending on the maker, I can wear sizes 10-14. Each of these brands has petite, regular and tall so it makes a bit easier. Also, keep in mind that your hips are not your waist. 😉

It’s a little trial and error for us but isn’t that half the fun of it?

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I have a pair of women’s skinny jeans on right now and I love them. I don’t believe you are going to find many with deep pockets or longer front zipper.

Hugs, Liara

I find woman’s jeans fit and feel better than men’s jeans. and for pocket’s that’s what a pocket book is for.

Old Navy is my standby for all sorts of women’s jeans.  I’ve worn nothing but women’s jeans for years.  Out and about I generally wear straight leg or boot cuts.  In the summer, I’ve worn skinny jeans with sandals or booties.  The smaller pockets are OK for most things.  In front, just my keys.  In back my metal-card-wallet is very small and my smart phone gets just enough pocket to stay with me.  When I have occasionally worn men’s jeans, I have trouble retrieving things from the cavernous pockets.  The slim body hugging fit makes me feel better put together.  Here’s the thing! I think men wearing women’s jeans has become “a thing!” Holy cow – are we mainstream?

FAM

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

FIRST, Girl!! Women do NOT carry stuff in their pockets… Not if they’re trying to appear feminine.

That’s why the pockets are small and the purses are BIG…lol

I would say go try them on. Can’t hurt to see how they fit.

Also, as far as room goes, if you want the proper appearance, you may need to tuck anyway…just saying.

It sounds like you want the comfort of cargo shorts and the sex appeal of leggings…you can have both honey. pretty or functional…you must decide which is more important.

It changes daily for me, except when trying to appear femme, then it’s pretty first.

HAve fun!

XOXO

Rayna

Jayne,
      I agree with the other comments here. Try women’s jeans! They feel great on, softer material and stretchy in all the right places. You will get over the smaller pockets. I do think it is kinda cute to have my phone in a back pocket. Enough of the phone sticks out to show off the pink cell phone cover I have!

There are so many different styles, colors and fit. Once you try them, you won’t go back to guy jeans!

Denise

My very first outing in all women’s clothes started with Liz Claiborne jeans.  Yes, the fly and pockets are tiny but tuck and just bring a few credit cards and you are fine.  What is amazing is how you feel wearing the same clothes that other young women are wearing.  I found myself walking with smaller steps and a slight sway in my hips.  Needless to say, I still luv how they make me feel and look.  This year, high waisted jeans are very popular.  Look at them and see if they interest you.  Pick something that is girlish but trendy.   Skinny jeans high waisted jeans or flares are also worth looking at.  Enjoy girlfriend!

💕Jess

Jayne
        Lady

Thanks, Jessica.  I’ve read that high-waisted jeans are particularly good for a tall and slim figure (which is me), so I’ll certainly be looking at those.  I’m also thinking that jeans that are flared at the bottom will help to give more of a curvy silhouette, which might be good.

I haven’t worn anything but women’s for the past three years and will never go back to men’s. the softness and stretch make for the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn. I love the stretch so they don’t dig  while on long drives. As for pockets I find Lee jeans seem to have better pockets both on the rear and front and I wear my shirt tales out so no one notices the shorter zipper.  one plus is my wife thinks I look sexy in my girly jeans.

Gurl…women’s jeans of any type are not going to have the amount of pockets you’re desiring simply because women’s jeans are made with the mindset that we will be carrying purses. Unless you go with a cargo style of pants that have pockets on the legs. The zipper thing you’re just going to have to get used to it not being in the “right place” for your scepter because again, women’s jeans are made with the mindset that we will always be sitting for the bathroom. I am plus size (as you can see) so I usually get jeans with around a 46 or 47 inch waist. Anything bigger in the waist and I run the risk of my flat ass being more noticeable. My suggestion is buy a cheap pair of women’s as close to what you would wear in the waist in men’s jeans. Boyfriend jeans seem to mimic men’s jeans in fit the best.

Good luck sweetie

Jayne,Please pick a store and try on some womens jeans.you can pick the style,length,type of jeans at a storethat has a good selection.Enjoy your shopping day girl and have fun.

Jayne,

I had good luck with Gloria Vanderbilt.

Diane

I have several pairs of women’s Levis, with different numbers (501, etc), and they’re all different.

Some have deep pockets, some surprisingly long zips, some elasticated waists – so much variety!

But the thing I love most is that they’re not decorated and are thus perfect for stealth mode.

I like the short zips and shallow pockets – very girly!

My current favourites are 505’s. Teeny zip, miniscule, cute pockets and lots of stretch, so a really comfortable fit – and the material seems softer than men’s too!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Im no expert, perhaps I shouldn’t try. However ….
      Make sure you are are wearing the right ones for each occasion.
      You find that the fly is on the wrong side ?

Enjoy the fun.

Anya.

Robin
      Lady

Lots of people have already given lots of great advice. I’ll just say that I really like American Eagle jeans. They come in fairly tall-girl sizes and they feel great. Like others here, I love the short zip and shallow pockets – that’s kinda what we buy them for, right? I’d actually love it if the zip was left-handed like blouse buttons, but that’s apparently not a thing.
      And I walk differently in them too 🙂

Here’s the real fun. Get some women’s jeans with side zipper or side buttons. They’re great! They can be low or high rise. They’ve been hard to find and therefore getting the right size is difficult. I have some from the 80s, called “sidewinders” that have a left side button closure, but they’re hard to get on because they don’t stretch much. My favorite are some new Good American brand, skinny, high rise, side zipper that stretch nicely and really hug your hips. The neatest thing are the curious looks you get; there’s no denying for whom they’re designed.
      FAM

When I first decided to buy womens pants, I went for Dickies work pants and I still find the waist a little loose as are my mens jeans. I just added a femme(ish) belt to solve that problem. Pockets are not huge of course & the zip is typically short but I have never had a problem with either, I carry a shoulder bag so the pockets are really redundant.

The jeans with the most pocket room is likely Gloria Vanderbilt. The fit nice, they’re higher in the waist, have deep pockets, and little embellishment of your trying to go stealth. Also come in just about any color you can think of. As others have said, try on some to find just the right size. Each brand fits a little differently. Most brands I fit a 14, some more like 16 or 18. I have one pair of 13.

I don’t generally wear men’s jeans anymore unless there’s a reason to. Like heavy work, since I don’t want to ruin any of my nice ladies jeans.

Bridgette

Jayne
      Lady

Update: I stopped at a mall (Woodbury Commons near NYC), with the object of shopping for some jeans. I had seen a recommendation for Paige jeans, so I was glad to find a Paige store right away. I felt a little strange, and awkward, standing at the door, but I went ahead in and looked at their selection. The clerk was busy with another customer, so I just went over to check out the merchandise. Long story short, everything seemed way, way too small to fit me (6’4″ and 195 lbs.), so after a short time, I just left, disappointed.

I was going to just go, but happened to see a Saks, and so I went in there and headed straight to their very large women’s jeans sections. I was glad to find that they had a good selection of Paige jeans, as well as many others. But it seems that around half of the items are size 26, and most of the rest are between 23 and 29. My waist in men’s jeans is usually a 36, so … instead of shopping for brands or particular styles, I was forced to just look at the relatively small selection of larger sizes. I suppose this is what happens for gg’s who are a little larger, too … and I imagine it’s a source of frustration and for them, as it was for me, and maybe a little anguish as well?

So imagine my surprise and delight when I picked out the longest pair in the “32 and up” section, and found that it was a Paige Genevieve with flared bottom! And a second pair was also Paige!

Next: the fitting room. No trouble at all getting in and finding a booth – no one seemed to be monitoring things. So, a minute later, there I was, wearing my first pair of women’s jeans. They seemed to fit okay, but maybe a little more loose than I wanted (surprising, since 32 is much smaller than my usual men’s size). But I really liked the look of the Genevieve, which I thought gave me a very girly profile. So after a minute or two, I went back to see what else I could find.

This time, I was more focused, looking for the same Genevieve in a smaller size — I found a 31 pretty quickly — and then I also picked up a “Paige Hoxton ankle” in a 30. Back at the fitting room, the 30 was really pushing the boundary too much — I could get in them, but they really looked painted on and weren’t comfortable. But the Genevieve in 31 was perfect.

All in all, I was more than a little pleased with my first adventure in the women’s jeans department!

Most of the clothes I wear come from the women’s dept.  They look almost like the male counterpart but they fit my petite body much better. If not women’s jeans I would have to shop in the boys dept. I prefer shopping in the women’s dept for obvious reasons.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?