Tagged: ,

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Maxine Doos
      Baroness

Well Girls. What can I say except FABULOUS!
      Tanya & I have just completed stage 1 of our road trip and it was FAB!
      Nerve wracking at times, not everything went according to plan but all in all a fantastic experience.
      Although we did our best with subtle and appropriate makeup, sensible, comfortable, fashionable clothes, the wig was the best it’s been in a while, EVERYONE made me. But, NO ONE passed a bad comment. A wonderful experience.
      Lots of firsts that can be ticked off, (but most won’t be lasts!).
      All whilst fully en femme:
      – Leaving the house in broad daylight;
      – Driving in peak hour traffic (I was never too concerned about that anyway);
      – Going into a fast food restaurant;
      – Using the Ladies room;
      – Ordering lunch face to face;
      – Eating lunch with other people present;
      – Having coffee out the front of a roadside cafe whilst customers came & went;
      – Checking in to the motel;
      This last one was an absolute highlight and shows me that we are more sensitive to our situation than we probably need to be most of the time. The guy was an absolute gentleman. After driving most of the day with an ambient temperature of 30 degrees (C), the makeup & hair was a little tired. Nevertheless, he was polite, cheerful and helpful as we checked in. He never batted an eyelid nor gave any indication that anything was “out of the ordinary”, even when I spoke (my femme voice has a looooong way to go, so I don’t even try to use it). And the next morning at breakfast,(in drab mode, but with nail polish intact) the conversation continued as normal. (perhaps he’s a crossdresser and understands, or perhaps he’s just enlightened and believes in live & let live).
      So tonight we are going one step further, dinner at a local restaurant.
      It is going to be an really special night.
      Watch this space for updates…

As it turns out, we didn’t go to dinner on Saturday night because during the initial shave with a brand new razor, I cut my face to shreds. So we rebooked the same restaurant for Monday night, by which time I had recovered enough to do a proper preparation. The forecast for Monday evening was cooler than for Saturday so we had to go shopping for some warmer outfits. And what good luck that turned out to be. Tanya picked up a beautiful orange calf-length jersey and I got a new clutch bag. $10.00 each! Bargains.
      So fast forward to Monday evening, and after getting ready we head off to the restaurant that we had heard some good reports about. I remember mentioning to Tanya on the way that, surprisingly, I did not feel very nervous.
      When we arrived, IT WASN’T THERE! So we checked the address & the GPS, drove around the block and still couldn’t find it. Then we called the place and the manager said that it was a little further down the road. When we arrived he explained that they are Lot 10 but GPS always takes you to Number 10 and many people had had the same problem. He did this without any undue attention to me. He was polite and courteous as the motel manager had been.
      We were then led to our table and once seated we perused the menu & Wine list. The waitress came, took our order and everything was “normal”.
      The food and drinks arrived,we ate, drank & chit chatted throughout the meal. All the while people came & went without any undue attention towards us. It was really a great experience. By the end of the meal, we were both feeling very relaxed and extremely comfortable with the situation. When paying the bill, we again ran into the manager who asked whether we were from Melbourne. We ended up have a 15 minute conversation with him and his partner about the good and not so good areas and property values as apparently they are thinking of moving here. Throughout the conversation we were both totally relaxed and neither of them made any action nor comment that made us feel uncomfortable at all.
      We left the restaurant on a real high. It had been a wonderful evening and thoroughly enjoyable.
      On the way back to the motel, we decided to stop off for a coffee and drove into the township looking for a cafe. Being a small country town, there wasn’t too many places still open at that hour on a Monday night. We took a stroll through the park in the centre of the town and used the public conveniences there (Ladies, of course) before returning to the car. We noticed a McDonalds just up the road which was still open & decided to get a McCafe (which is actually quite reasonable coffee). On entering, I noticed several groups of teenagers seated in the restaurant and knew that this was going to be the most daunting part of the evening. However, confidence was high, so we strolled in and ordered our coffees, passing two groups of youngsters. No comment was made and I’m not sure that anyone even gave a second glance.
      The Barista made our coffees and when giving them to us said “You ladies have a great night.”
      I couldn’t help but smile as we thanked her and then passed the teenagers again on the way out.
      The journey back to the motel was uneventful but we were both so high from the wonderful experience of the evening that I tried on several other outfits we had brought including the one I was originally going to wear.
      All in all it was a fabulous experience!
      What did I learn from it?
      – I don’t really “pass” but that is perhaps not as critical as I had thought. As long as you don’t go crazy with the makeup & outfits, you can blend in quite well in most situations. Dress age appropriately.
      – Confidence is 90% of the battle. If you behave as though you should be there, most people will accept that.
      – Many people are more tolerant than we assume. I think many people find cross dressing confronting and often don’t know how to react. A confident, casual, engaging attitude from us will put most of them at ease.
      – Planning is important. Stay safe always.
      – Safety in numbers. If possible, go with supportive people who can have your back and put you at ease when the nerves hit.

We had the best time, and it won’t be the last!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Maxine! What a great telling of your adventures. You give me hope that one day I can venture forth with that confidence as Cynthia! Now if I can pnly find someone like Tanya……

What a lovely tale, Maxine, you have discovered the same as I have that most people have no problem with us if we don’t create a scene that they can react to.
      I have had many outings in Melbourne over the last few years and have driven to Sydney and Queensland without an issue.
      For most people, it certainly is “live and let live”.

Anonymous

Great tale Maxine and more evidence that the world outside our homes isn’t that big and bad as we imagine. Everything you wrote is inspirational and should get a few more gilrs out and about.

Cynthia, that “one day” is much closer than you think.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?