• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

Hi everyone,

I’ve been living full time as Michelle for almost two months, but just had a new milestone.  I’ve been able to work from home this whole time, but had to go into the office for two days this week.  I’m at home today, but going back in tomorrow and Friday.  When I started living as Michelle, I told my coworkers, the HR department, and the clients with whom I interact and no one gave me a hard time, but I was still nervous about being in-person.  I wore a professional dress and low heels both days and my aunt did my makeup so I would look my best.  Overall it went very well.  Everyone called me Michelle and treated me the way I wanted to be treated.  I used the women’s restroom and some of the other woman took me out to lunch.  I had so many observations, but just two jump to mind.

1. Hearing my heals click as I walked around the office all day was music to my ears.

2. I never understood woman who were always cold until now.  Women’s clothing is so much lighter than men’s clothing.  Wearing a dress with no pants and no hair on my legs made me quite cold without any protection.  I get it now!

I’m so glad that I’ve reached another milestone in this journey!

[quote quote=734634]omen’s clothing is so much lighter than men’s clothing.[/quote]

Yes! That is what attracts me to dress in female clothes though still presenting as a man. And I appreciate the different materials and variety of colors; there is a reason they term men’s clothing “drab”. Only downside for me is there is often a lack of or minuscule pockets and I cannot bring myself to carry a handbag/purse as that would bring me out of the closet. Best, Marlene.

Harriette
        Lady

The first thing that I noticed when browsing women’s clothing were the materials. So much are 100% plastic! I now look for cotton, linen or other natural materials, but they take so much work to keep looking good.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Good for you Michelle, what a great milestone to cross and like you, I love the sounds of heels walking across the floor.

Angela Booth
      Hostess
      1. Well done you and a lovely experience. You have a bright future.

Congratulations Michelle.

Like being a parent, being a woman full time is hard work, but just so rewarding. It must have given you such a good feeling out to lunch with the girls. Get some pantyhose on those chilly pins girl. Like everything else feminine pantyhose are just so much fun and feel great, different deniers, colours, designs, love it.
      B x

Congratulations you brave girl you.  And like Bianca said….pantyhose for those chilly legs.

No pants? That’s going to shock the UK ladies! 😉 Sounds like you’re in for a lot of fun!

Hugs & kisses,
      W.

Yes I read that and had to do a double take! Pants are something else over the pond! Two nations divided by a common language lol.

Anonymous
        Lady

Does pants mean underwear in the UK?

Janet Woodham
          Duchess - Annual

It does Michelle although I know it also means what we tend to call trousers in the US and Canada.

They sure do Michelle, though specifically mens underwear. Womens underwear are usually called knickers. What you call pants we call trousers, and what you call pantyhose we call tights. It’s a funny old world!

Much love

Helen xx

Used to be here, too. At least in some circles. There’s a line in the Tracy-Hepburn movie “Pat and Mike” where Hepburn’s character corrects a statement about her wearing pants while golfing.

Michelle –

What a lovely experience for you.  To be accepted by your co-workers like that and be invited to lunch.  As others have said pantyhose or tights should take care of the cold legs issue.  That was really nice of your Aunt to help you with your make-up.  Hoping you have more experiences like that soon.

XOXO
      Suzanne

I am not full time but I do get to come into work dressed up sometimes. It’s one of my favorite things to do en femme. I agree that the sound of your own heels clicking is delightful!

Harriette
      Lady

You are lucky to be able to work in an accepting company. I can’t imagine being en femme in the places where I’ve worked, back in the day.

Hey Michelle, like Marlene mentioned I also share a concern regarding lack of real pockets in some of my women’s clothes.  Some of my best jeans have pockets that can barely hold a credit card.  I’m full time and there are days when I don’t want to lug a purse around and just want my phone, keys or some money, so I usually modify those pocket challenged pants.  I cut off the inside pocket of one of my old throwaway work jeans and then graft (sew or glue) it onto the bottom of the short pocket jeans.  Then I just cut through the bottom of the short pocket and I have a useful long pocket.  These jeans are usually very formfitting and if I have nothing in the pocket then they still lay flat.  Plus it’s inside so it never shows.  However if I want to carry my phone or keys or $ or a credit card I won’t have to worry about items flopping half out and lose something.  I usually only do one pocket but sometimes have done both.  I’m unencumbered and I can still look good.  My hands are free and I still have things that I need securely with me.  I hope this helps you or someone.   Marg

Anonymous

Thats so brave and im so very happy for you. I hope things continue to go well and you can live life to the fullest.   You look great!

-Lilly

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?