Viewing 43 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Nowadays we hear so much in the press about boys going to school dresxed as a girl.This is for various reasons.They could indentify as transexual,crossdressers gender fluid,would be Drag Queen or Womanless Beauty Pageant Contestant.It all seems par for the course these days.In my sixties/ seventies schooldays this would have been largely unheard of and frkwned upon  in my area of the U.K.Girls would you have liked to go to school as a pretty girl bsck in your childhood? .For me it would be yes and no.In a perfect world I would have loved it.Especially in my teen years wearing a pretty party dress with tights for the school disco.An ultimate fantasy of mine back then.On the other hand realistically would I have had the nerve? As it was I was teased mercifully by the boys.I wasn’t effeminate but on the other hand wasn’t perceived as a regular boy.by the other  lads.They  would call me girl.I used to take offence outwardly but inside maybe I protested too much.I wasn’t gay but I so wanted to be one of the girls and chat about clothes and had to surpress it.At age 13 or 14 that was very hard.

Like you, if it had been a perfect world and could have done without receiving massive amounts of social and physical abuse, then yes. But the real world of a rural high school in the early – mid 1980’s… not just no, but hell no… 12 years later when my brother wore a skirt on the day of the week that students were supposed to wear “dress clothes”, he was expelled, and protested that it was discriminatory since the girl that wore slacks, a dress shirt and necktie (one of his best friends) didn’t receive similar treatment… he home-schooled the next year.

K Swim
      Lady

When I was in school, they applied a policy that students had to wear school uniforms. The choices were white or navy blue collared shirt and khaki pants or shorts for everyone…girls had the option of khaki long or knee length skirt. Obviously they couldn’t control the underwear choice, unless a girl was wearing a bra that was visible through the white shirt.

I went to an all guy school so no.  DO I wish I could have gone to the all girls school?  Maybe.  Did I try on some of the girl costumes from musicals put on by the theatre arts department with the neighboring all girls school?  Oh yes.  Wish I had tried on more.

I went to an all-boys school, so wearing a  girls uniform wasn’t an option even if it was a possibility.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

No, not ever. Other than I went to school in the 60’s, I would of likely been arrested, by the 70’s I wouldn’t of, but wow the sensation it would caused! Not my style at all, however I just didn’t have the urge to go out. It was a solitary pastime for me, and largely because I would be of been too ashamed to admit my fondness for women’s clothes at the time.

Fortunately, in many parts of the Western world much progress is being made for those that lead some kind of an alt lifestyle. Though I still think that there is considerable misunderstanding about this passion we all here share. That we are gay, or trans, or something, but many are like me, just hetro’s that love look the feeling of women’s wear, and are drawn to dress in these beautiful clothes.

Amy

Absolutely.  To be able to wear denim miniskirts, cute blouses, pantyhose and heels would by my girly dream come true.

Marianne
      Ambassador

Yes, I certainly wanted to and often was jealous of the other girls in class, wanting to wear what they did. In high school we had a students ‘funny clothes day each semester. At one of those a class mate coaxed me into a traditional African dress he had brought but chickened out of wearing himself. I wore it gladly through the day to some amusement from fellow students and teachers. This was in a small Swedish city in 1981.

Anonymous

My answer is definitely yes when I was a teenager women still wore pantyhose and believe you me so did I every chance I got so would I like to go to school in a pretty dress and pantyhose and high heels and cross my legs definitely yes

Emily
      Lady

Going to high school in the 70s was so much different than today. Although I would have loved it, I probably wouldn’t have made it through unscathed. You know we old ladies always say “kids have it so much easier now”. Lol😜

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Yes. Absolutely. I would have loved it.

Anonymous

Definitely, I was in high school in the late 70’3 early 80’s and the girls fashion world really exploded back then. High waist Mac jeans or Angel Wings, satin blouses, I loved it all. I still keep checking the thrift shops for those jeans. Ah, to dream.

Anonymous

Oh yes… And no way…

This touches a deep nerve – I used to dream of this, but knew I wouldn’t last 10 seconds at my rough school.

One day, the games master, fed up with explaining the off side rule to me asked if I wanted to wear a short skirt and frilly knickers and go play hockey with the girls.

That moment lasts in my memory. The feeling of part of me dying, and the other part of me dying to scream YES PLEASE!!!!

Love Laura

Anonymous

When I used to play with the girls on the climbing frame at junior school I remember when they span upside down their skirts often fell over their heads briefly revealing their underwear, and they thought that was deliciously funny.  I, in my shorts could not do that.  I wished I could have joined in.

Anonymous

Yes, me too!

I loved what it looked like – so pretty, and wanted so badly to do and look exactly the same!

Love Laura

What’s interesting about this thread is the division between people for whom it would have meant wearing a different uniform, and people for whom it would have meant wearing cute teenage fashion items 🙂

Hello Roberta,           Yes most definitely, it would have been a dream for me. I still love girls  school uniforms, & wear them as often as I can. To be in school uniform with the other girls would have been really lovely. To go to the school disco or school prom & wear a lovely dress, undies, tights would be lovely. Yes my school days would have been wonderful dressed as a girl.         love,    Helenmarie

Anonymous

Went to an all boys school(11 plus for those who understand, not Eton etc) so it couldn’t have happened, no Uniform available. Would have loved to see the faces of the religious zealots who ran the place if I had.

x

I would have rather been a girl.

Josie Jay
        Lady

Yes…As a kid I would dream that I was a girl then wake up and cry when I came to myself.

Josie Jay
      Lady

Absolutly. If, like some of the others have said my safety could have been guarenteed. But I got the crap beat out of me dressing as a boy so…, I loved the girls clothes. There were mini skirts and bell bottom jeans and cute tops everywhere. And i was wearing crap…no wonder I turned to drugs…(Ive been clean for decades).

Yes I would, I always dreamed of wearing the school dress in the summer, As it was always so hot in the long pants white shirt and tie, I felt the the girls always had it better, just a light cotton summer school dress and T-Bar shoes

I went to an all boys school too – so sadly no :/

Anonymous

Viviane do you think this all male environment that we both endured had any impact. I was quite shy around girls for a few years, but my dressing career had already started. I know people are always looking for reasons but I think it’s more nature than nurture. X

C

Yes, would have loved to, almost did on a dare actually! Now I wish I had, I looked pretty good the one person who saw me dressed said!

I went to a very rough comprehensive school where the choices were generally fight or keep your head down, I chose the latter.  I remember feeling jealous that the girls uniform was so much nicer,(pleated skirt and tights), though I dread to think what would have happened to me if I turned up at school dressed like that.

LaciAnne Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I would if loved to dress as a girl to school but  in rural west in the early 80s that wouldn’t of been possibke

Dana
      Lady

Yes I would and wish I could have had the chance to be me would have been a lot easier than trying to do it this late in life

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

An interesting question that I believe my answer would be yes and no as well. In the 70s and 80s, the town I grew up in had problems with anything that even remotely seemed like feminine behavior from a “boy ” i think I would have enjoyed the option if it had been acceptable.

Krista
      Duchess

Interesting question Roberta.  I graduated from High School in 1973 (well that was a long time ago).  At that time, guys and gals wore exactly the same thing to school everyday; jeans (bell bottoms if I recall correctly) and t-shirts.  There were a few girls who wore skirts but they were definitely in the minority.  Our school didn’t have a dress code, no uniforms, and pretty laid back.  I suppose a guy could get away with wearing girls jeans and a girl t-shirt without much being said.  For me, I was too busy playing sports and trying to make out with girls to think about dressing as such.  That came later in university.  Hugs, Krista.

Yes, i would have loved to wear pretty dresses, skirts and pumps to school.

Yes I would definitely give it a go

Aoife
      Lady

I would have loved it and in some ways regret not giving it a try. I had long hair and was mistaken for a girl all the time when I was 9-11. That was the late 90s and girls were dressed so bright and fun! I was in a dark and hostile place and embracing the girly would have been amazing. New Jersey may be less regressive than some other places but it’s a whole lot meaner and that was the last thing I needed. My feminine interest were met with someone worse than rejection/correction from my family and certainly I had no support from my friends.

I envied the way girls were treated and still tear up thinking how happy it would have made be to be one of them in some bright tights and a cute little dress and braids… ugh and the jewellery. Maybe in the next life…

Anonymous

Roberta,   In the world as it was when I went to school, the answer is “Never!”  I was a total outsider, often perceived as gay, and my limited social activities were almost entirely with a small group of girls.  Now if I could have “passed”, that’s another thing, entirely.

Anonymous

Hi Bettylou! When I was in high school I dreamed about wearing girls clothes to school. Of course it would have turned into a disaster. The frustrating thing was I was already sneaking around in my mother’s panties and stockings. All I knew was that it felt good and it kept me calm and happy. Dressing even though closeted is a feeling that I love. It never was that way early on. Let me know what’s going on with you hun. Take care. Jennifer.

Anonymous

Jennifer,
          I can remember dreaming about going to school dressed as a girl (and passing), while at the same time watching myself doing so. This was about the same time I was wondering if I was supposed to BE a girl, only something went wrong. Eventually, I concluded this was not the case, and my “outsider” status was from Asperger’s. When my daughters became teenagers, I thought again about being able to join them…but that was probably just me being a paranoid parent.

Anonymous

Oh wow yes! Putting on a pretty dress would make me complete. Why is that? I don’t know but it would bring me a lot of happiness. The feeling is one of pure joy when I can walk around in my cute outfit. After many years of dressing I have finally come to terms with it all. I love being cute and happy.

Anonymous

I know exactly how you feel I was in Jr high in the seventies and some girls would wear skirts and pantyhose and high heels to school and I was so envious of them I would actually pray at night to let me wake up and be a female in them days I probably wore pantyhose more than they did but I would have loved to be able to dress up as a a girl for school and dances

Being an all boys school and having a school uniform, back blazer, grey/black trousers. sensible shoes and a cap the thought of being beaten up every day put me off the idea. I did however have to pass a girls school on the way to and from school and was jealous of their blue and white check summer uniform loking so cool and totaly ignoring a sweaty little oik like me.

I still wear sensible shoes to make up for my time in heels……..Sally xx

YES I DID GO TO SCHOOL  , once .It was a fancy dress evening when all the kids wore fancy dress . I went as a ballerina .I don`t member getting  a hard tine from the other kids , or the adults , i would have about 12 years old then .

Anonymous

i went to a parochial school and the uniforms the girls wore really didn’t appeal to me, when i made first communion i saw all the girls in their pretty white dresses and wished i could wear a pretty white dress as well, to this day i hate wearing dress shirts and ties, lol

Anonymous

I hear you. I’d rather wear an LBD or a beautiful evening gown if I have to wear something dressy or formal. I hate when I have to wear a suit when in guy mode. I’m glad I only own 1 suit.

I remember when I was in high school, I used to envy the girls on the cheerleading squad during football season. On Friday’s they would wear their cheerleading uniforms to class. How I used to dream of being a cheerleader.

Things are a lot different today than they were when I was in school. It’s hard to really say, but I feel like if people were as open and accepting back then, and if we had the same resources that are available now. I probably would have transitioned as a teen, and I wouldn’t be living a double life now. I was always so jealous of the girls in school, but like I said, things were a lot different back then.

Anonymous

No I don’t think I would. It would have been so hard. All the bullying that would go on and the abuse others would project would be too much. Now I did wear panties to school all the time.

I agree it was a different era back in the late 60’s/early 70’s.  We had strict dress codes for both boys and girls.  Had boys dressed in girls attire the bullies would have teased them unmercifully.

In college, a different environment.  Boys could wear women’s jeans and a plain women’s turtleneck and underdress, but not on days we had gym.

Still lovely to think about wearing a pretty party dress!

Alice

Jessica
      Lady

When I was going to high school there were two “girls like us” and I envied their courage. I got so beat up all the time anyway there is no way I could have done full on. I used to wear lipstick and eyeliner but it was the 80’s so I just pretended to be all Rock’n’Roll. I was actually an NPR addict even back then.

I hope things are different now, but I am not sure. I think the kids now who transition young are very courageous, and I have heavy big respect for them.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I would have loved to do it but based on social situations I probably wouldn’t. Besides back then I was just starting to dabble with wearing pantyhose with short shorts and platform wedges in public. I wasn’t up to that fully fem dressing yet. That didn’t happen until the summer after I graduated high school.

I dressed a lot in college but that wasn’t for going to class it was for dorm and private parties.

I went partially dressed as a girl…does that count? 🙂

If my school chums had known what I was wearing under my uniform they would have been shocked!!!

Anonymous

Fantastic ☺

Anonymous

Hi.. Roberta ,

You remind me of being girl for a day in school. Actually i was having very big hair back in school time, my teachers always scolded me for that reason, one day my teacher was very angry about my hair i don’t know why but she brought rubber band and headband and made me wear those stuffs for the whole day , the boys and girls of my class were teasing me but i was really enjoying from inside, my teachers was asking me whether i wanna wear girls uniform because they was having in spare . I said no but a part of me inside was loudly saying yess . That day was really fun, teasing , and treated as a girl by all classmates . And girls specially were enjoying by calling me by the name they like and some were refering me as a sister .

If I had known about Mikayla back then, probably would have yes. I was bullied and attacked all the time anyway, at least that’s have had a good reason to torture me, and I’d have been happy in my own skin. I actually think about this a lot. I’d have loved to be able to be my girly self back then, and I’d love to be open about it now. Oh how I wish the world was as accepting as you ladies are. You are all truly wonderful!

Lots of love

Mikayla

Anonymous

If I had a time machine I would go back to that moment and make myself say “Yes” in such a cheeky way that the games master would have called my bluff, forced me to do it, and my secret would be out and I would not have lived the next 40 years hiding a major part of me away.

The secret-keeping is detrimental to life generally. When it’s all open, brain power isn’t wasted wishing things were another way.

Love Laura

Anonymous

You were a brave girl Bobbi and lucky with your surroundings. If I would have tried to come out high school would have been hell school. I was there from 1978-82, not at all accepted back then.

Anonymous

Maybe by spending some time playing “what if” you can come up with solutions?

Obviously you can’t change the past, but you can re-imagine it, change your “now”, and hence change your future!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Me too sweetie!

Anonymous

Yes I know how you feel Roxanne. A cute skirt, blouse, sheer pantyhose and cute pumps. That would have made me happy then and of course now.

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?