- Yes, most certainly!
- No, i want to keep it to myself.
- It is something i would like to do but i am undecided.
- Who knows? if the opportunity arose i might or might not.
- I have already met one or many other CDs in person but only as guys
- I have already met one or many other CDs in person while presenting as a woman
- Other, (please specify below in comments)
- October 19, 2019 at 10:02 am #237217Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1198Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3492 times
Hi Girls, yes its that time of the week again! poll time!!
Now this subject is quite close to home for me and i think it’s a natural progression in many of our journeys. To sum it up in a nutshell, yes, i would like to meet someone else who is a crossdresser, mainly because, they also know what it’s like, unlike a non-crossdresser who might not have a clue. It would be nice to share stories, life experiences etc, with no sexual strings attached, just purely friendship. Now this i suppose, could be a dodgy subject, let’s keep it clean!!! i dont want anyone to discuss any sexual motivations, just purely friendship and the fact that you would like to meet up with someone else and just talk, have a bit of fun or socialising. There, that wasn’t so bad!!
Love and kisses. Fiona xxxx
Total of 58 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- February 26, 2021 at 9:11 am #454178Kay LambertLadyRegistered On: February 28, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 48Has thanked: 213 timesBeen thanked: 280 times
- February 26, 2021 at 8:00 am #454144Vecca SennLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 53Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 163 times
- February 26, 2021 at 7:54 am #454140Katey DoeLadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 31Replies: 574Has thanked: 1405 timesBeen thanked: 1655 times
- February 26, 2021 at 7:53 am #454137Effie FulkDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 281Has thanked: 590 timesBeen thanked: 836 times
- February 26, 2021 at 7:36 am #454127AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 11Replies: 94Has thanked: 466 timesBeen thanked: 568 times
- January 22, 2021 at 4:44 pm #436955HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 271Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 910 times
Hell yeah I would, All I see is farm people and rarely see anyone else. I would love to meet another CD or trans. No matter how far or little journey they been on. I want to meet everyone.
I even wrote a little article about just that. Its titled Feeling Like You don’t Fit in? After I wrote that I am 100% sure I want to meet people.
So let’s do this Northern Wisconsin here, and I have a coffee can full of coins for coffee. Heck I will invite you to my dumpy farm house and meet the animals.
- January 22, 2021 at 2:40 pm #436915Blink To Pink EnchantedDuchessRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 104Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 235 times
Fiona. That is a very interesting question. Carries a lot of self characterization and probably a bit of courage. I still have such insecurities and could well be jealous! Overall there are so many differences we may have but in one important immovable way, we are linked.
Very good question.
You’re the best!
- January 22, 2021 at 7:16 am #436754
- January 22, 2021 at 7:02 am #436745rebekka mooreLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 84Replies: 942Has thanked: 533 timesBeen thanked: 1998 times
I would love to!!!!!
In fact for a while (it’s been sometime now), I would see this beautiful an statuesque gurl at the grocery store. Everytime I went to approach her however something or someone got in the way and I lost my opportunity. I did not want her to think I was someone stalking her, so I would not follow her around!
She was beautiful, tall long legs, great red hair, and I so dearly wanted to meet her in hopes we could be gurl friends.
I have not seen her in sometime. I would love to meet someone, but don’t know how or where, and my SO would probably not be thrilled by this.
- January 21, 2021 at 1:04 pm #436421Amanda WoodsLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 42Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 188 times
Absolutely, without question!!! Would like to hook up and go places, ie shopping, clubs, etc. I would love to go to some CD/TG events, find hookups to help with my look/makeup. Wish I could be girly 24/7, maybe someday. Love to you all my sisters, stay safe.
- January 21, 2021 at 12:39 pm #436401Mary PriscillaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: May 23, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 72Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 277 times
Absolutely yes! When I decided to seriously pursue this life-long dream, I met a few CD’s before the damnable pandemic set-in. Since then, I have met many possible local area CD girls who, like me, are anxious to socialize. There is another group in our Portland, OR area (Rose City T-Girls) that offers similar friendship opportunities and they host social events periodically.
- January 21, 2021 at 11:15 am #436366Penelope LaurenLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 19Replies: 86Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
- January 21, 2021 at 11:11 am #436365Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 192Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
I have been lucky enough to meet Laura Lovett in Brighton during the summer and we had a delightful chat over coffee; both of us en femme. Recently in the lock down I’ve made contact with several cross dressers and we have had email conversations, shared photos and kept each other company in these difficult times.
- January 21, 2021 at 11:00 am #436357MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 47Has thanked: 104 timesBeen thanked: 261 times
Absolutely. Especially for people that are new to this. It would be great to meet a kindred spirit. Years ago I remember one individual that would come into a pub I used to frequent. This was a dive bar mostly working guys for happy hour. She would show up in a dress and wig and just have a drink or two and go. She didn’t engage with the patrons much only the barmaids. She always seemed depressed though. People would snicker or say things under there breath about her but nothing to her face. At the time I didn’t know about myself or wasn’t honest about it so I never spoke to her. I did want to though out of curiosity but I knew if I did the guys I hung with would have ridiculed me. So I never did now I wish had her experience I’m sure would have been interesting or at the least I should have just said hello kindly to her. No wonder why she always seemed unhappy even like minded people weren’t always kind to her. I heard she died a few years ago and was saddened. She had guts to walk into a dump like that I didn’t have the balls to extend a common courtesy. Unfortunately when we judge others or succumb to peer pressure we end up missing out on opportunities and mistreating others.
- January 20, 2021 at 3:06 pm #436030Alisha AlexLadyRegistered On: November 28, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 43Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 179 times
I haven’t met a crossdresser in real life and I would like to be confident and willing to step out of the comfort zone of my own home and venture forth into the real world. Meet some sisters. Form some sort of club to hang out or so.
- January 20, 2021 at 2:55 pm #436025Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 185Has thanked: 183 timesBeen thanked: 731 times
Given that I’m trying to arrange a meetup in Ontario, Canada I have to go with “Yes” but it does depend on the setting. I’m still a bit shy so not a public place and absolutely not for dating of any kind. Some secluded place where we all are from CDH is what I’m aiming for.
- January 20, 2021 at 2:12 pm #436015Trisha SmithDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 120Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 540 times
I absolutely want to meet other like minded people. Unfortunately the Rona has so many scared to socialize and the fact that no one sees an end to this curse China has bestowed upon us that we may not have the opportunity for a very very long time.
- January 20, 2021 at 12:57 pm #435978AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 31Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 189 times
I would love to meet other girls like me, the only problem is whenever I would meet one or someone I wanted to get to know more, go out with or go shopping about 80% of them would try to hook up with me. Now I know there is nothing wrong with being attracted to someone or develop an attraction to someone else after all we are not biologically female and most of us are attracted to women because that’s what we love, we love to be female therefore it happens. I have tried to have that friend who you can go shopping, talk about girl stuff and go out in public with. Unfortunately I haven’t found one yet lol, I keep getting hit on so I just tell all my stories to the next one that comes along my way. I am only into bio females, I do think other CD or TG women are beautiful but it’s just not what I’m looking for. I’m sure it’s a blast but someday I would like to find that sister who knows and feels what it’s like to be this way, maybe someday!!
Katie B 😊
- January 20, 2021 at 2:59 pm #436028Alisha AlexLadyRegistered On: November 28, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 43Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 179 times
Before I join this site I was a member of fb CD groups. And there was a couple of them that I met online in the past and I trusted them at first but later on they asked to hook up and exchange some inappropriate pics. I felt kinda disappointed tbh. I felt like those are not real sisters.
- January 20, 2021 at 3:04 pm #436029
- January 20, 2021 at 11:09 am #435946Tammy JohnsonLadyRegistered On: September 23, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 30Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 146 times
I think it could be fun, especially when I go in for my full makeover and go out afterwards. I think it could be great to get feedback on clothing, stores and makeup and also just hang out too.
Is there anyone else on here in Denver Colorado?
- January 17, 2021 at 11:02 pm #434718Neha MLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 37Has thanked: 192 timesBeen thanked: 129 times
Thanks for this great question! I answered’yes’ most certainly. Thats the person i would prefer meeting after i transform to Neha.. i have so many stories to share, talk, fix her hair, check and touch her earrings, hugs, kisses on cheeks… if friendship can be taken further, i would be more than happy… Neha needs friends.. 😍
- January 17, 2021 at 7:28 pm #434664PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 102Has thanked: 534 timesBeen thanked: 409 times
- January 17, 2021 at 7:12 pm #434655Peggy Sue WilliamsBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 263Has thanked: 941 timesBeen thanked: 1138 times
Prior to COVID, my wife and I were active in CD affairs. She with wives and GFs of CDs and I with other CDs. When things return to normal, we want to resume social activities. For now, considering our age group, we are conducting only essential activities.
It appears from reading CDH profiles that there are a great number of girls here in the greater Atlanta and Southeast area, which indicates potential for a local CDH chapter?
Anyone interested in a local CDH chapter?
- January 17, 2021 at 7:01 pm #434651Mindy MillsLadyRegistered On: January 8, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 66Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 374 times
Same here, I would like to meet another cross dresser to hang out with, go places with and chat with. Have talked to a couple cross dressers on Facebook but it was a no go because one wanted a friends with benefits kinda thing and another kept asking me to take her out to buy her things. Both creeped me out so much I blocked them. So if I where to meet another CD it would be in drab mode first just to make sure she isn’t creepy.
- January 17, 2021 at 3:35 pm #434603Mary FrancisDuchessRegistered On: April 29, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
I attended a support group meeting of CD’ers several years ago. There were about 15 CD’ers there, some with their SO’s. It was a great meeting and everyone there was friendly and fun. The group has since disbanded. I also have attended CD conferences in Atlanta and Erie, PA. I had a great time at both of those events.
I have not had the opportunity to meet anyone outside of those group events. I have some concerns about security and safety. I would definitely want to have the first meeting as Mr. Drab.
- January 17, 2021 at 3:31 pm #434600Elizabeth JenkinsLadyRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 31Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
- January 17, 2021 at 2:38 pm #434582Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 138Has thanked: 160 timesBeen thanked: 385 times
In September of 2019, I was able to meet up with another local CD, in guy mode of course.
It was great being able to meet up with someone in real life and be able to talk about having the same issues from growing up.
We would love to be able to get out again for coffee but we all know how that is working out right now, maybe when this quiets down again.
- January 17, 2021 at 12:18 pm #434530Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 43Replies: 993Has thanked: 4706 timesBeen thanked: 5143 times
Of course I would want to meet any of my crossdressing friends. Hence the term friend, tho I know that word doesn’t mean as much on the internet. Way too much of me cannot be properly conveyed over a computer. I’m more fun ” live”. 😁
- January 21, 2021 at 3:27 pm #436493KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 418Has thanked: 754 timesBeen thanked: 1678 times
Hi Stevie, so the next time I’m in Ontario (post-covid of course) we’ll have to go out for coffee/tea. My brother lives in the Toronto area and I’m supposed to help him go through our mother’s stuff (she died over five years ago and it is still all in storage). Take care my internet friend. Hugs, Krista.
- January 17, 2021 at 12:06 pm #434528Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 318Has thanked: 1301 timesBeen thanked: 1074 times
- January 17, 2021 at 11:18 am #434513GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 813Has thanked: 7381 timesBeen thanked: 3416 times
Sorry… this is not the answer you were looking for… but I would L❤VE to befriend a GG who is non judgmental to help with my makeup and talk everything girly. My wife has limited acceptance. I envy those girls whose wives/girlfriends are fully accepting…
- January 17, 2021 at 7:47 pm #434679Caly JamesLadyRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 53Has thanked: 95 timesBeen thanked: 147 times
- January 17, 2021 at 8:51 pm #434694GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 813Has thanked: 7381 timesBeen thanked: 3416 times
- January 18, 2021 at 5:49 am #434828Caly JamesLadyRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 53Has thanked: 95 timesBeen thanked: 147 times
This would have to be a very careful search. You don’t know what or who you may attract. I would like to see there are loyal GGs out there to befriend, learn from and build a great friendship. It will happen when we least expect it I suppose!
- January 17, 2021 at 10:41 am #434493LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 133Has thanked: 987 timesBeen thanked: 665 times
I would love to meet another CD, I suspect that they are all around me. But right now it is hard to just meet someone by chance in the wild (as it were). And no one here admits to being local, I did locate someone about 15 miles away. But again until I can get vaccinated that is not a real option. So for now I guess it is limited to walks around the neighborhood weather permitting (I find 30F or so in a skirt a bit put offing). Will it does give me a chance to work on my makeup skills for when I can get out.
- January 17, 2021 at 8:46 am #434448Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 255Has thanked: 175 timesBeen thanked: 557 times
It was critical!
I have a respectable amount of CD/Trans friends I love. Numbers…well not sure, I had a number recently and it must be 20 to 30 or 35 I guess. I cherish my friendship with these wonderful people. They are all awesome and we all go out which is what makes it so fun.
Co-Hosting a lunch every other month has opened up a reliable group of quality friends and while those I see or chat with regularly might be around 7 or 8 the others I still feel close to.
- January 17, 2021 at 3:33 am #434348
- January 17, 2021 at 3:17 am #434336Holly TygressaBaronessRegistered On: January 16, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 106Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 331 times
It would be nice to meet someone who was a friend who you could actually talk to face to face or text with. It gets lonely being a crossdresser. I think it would be fun to share and maybe even shop with someone else
- October 28, 2019 at 9:41 pm #241507Sidney SilverRegistered On: January 25, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 115 timesBeen thanked: 75 times
I’ve been out many times to local-area (Seattle) activities for both trans women and cross dressers alike. I’ve discovered I’m part of a large, diverse, and durable community of beautiful ladies that are kind, caring, and like to have a good time. Weekly activities abound, inclusive of all. I’m very lucky to have such robust support!
- October 28, 2019 at 9:16 pm #241505AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 35 times
I would very much like to meet a fellow CD girlfriend/sister. There’s so much I’d like to learn, get tips, share ideas and hear stories or experiences. That’s why I like the Chat room because everyone is so supportive and open.
- October 28, 2019 at 8:26 pm #241495Stevie65LadyRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 175Has thanked: 364 timesBeen thanked: 699 times
I would love to meet other CDR’s. I think it would strengthen the community and actually create more friendships. I am near Vegreville Alberta if any one is interested to meet even out to Edmonton.
- October 26, 2019 at 7:58 am #240216Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 468Has thanked: 752 timesBeen thanked: 1689 times
I’ve met quite a few over the years, I have a few friends up around Toronto I go out with a few times a year and I have a couple of girls close to home I met in a therapy group, we usually get together at least once a month for lunch and shopping kind of thing, always a good afternoon. It’s nice to have people who understand you and have gone through the same things as you to talk to.
- October 26, 2019 at 7:30 am #240211Penelope LaurenLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 19Replies: 86Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
- October 23, 2019 at 3:12 am #238801Roni CalinLadyRegistered On: August 13, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 81Has thanked: 248 timesBeen thanked: 195 times
- October 22, 2019 at 9:48 pm #238778Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 430Has thanked: 782 timesBeen thanked: 1105 times
I responded “Yes, most certainly!” But after reading about Fiona-Ann’s three disappointing experiences, maybe I should qualify that response just a bit.
I would like to meet up with a small group of CDs, say, two or three. Even better, CDs from CDH! (But never one-on-one.) I’m still undecided about whether I would want to meet up dressed or in drab. I’m leaning toward dressed, however, but that presents another set of problems: I have little in the way of presentable wardrobe, even age-appropriate wardrobe; no jewelry; poor makeup skills; and only just making my first fledgling attempts walking in heels. So, although I’d love to meet them, they may not want to meet me!
Then, of course, there’s the logistics of such a meet-up. I would have to rent a room near the venue where I could dress and do my makeup to the best of my meager abilities — I’m far too closeted to leave home already en femme. And I’m not sure I can overcome my fear of “driving while dressed,” or worse, having to take a taxi from the hotel to the venue.
I have an ongoing fantasy, and that is, one day to be able to attend a conference like the Keystone Conference, where I could meet and enjoy the company of so many like-minded CDs. It is just a fantasy, and I doubt that I’ll ever actually go. But a gurl can dream!
Another great poll, Fiona-Ann, keep ‘em coming.
- January 17, 2021 at 9:42 am #434470LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 133Has thanked: 987 timesBeen thanked: 665 times
I so understand your feelings. I’m new to this and don’t have many clothes or great skill at doing my makeup. But I think I that I would love to be able to go out with one or more CD friends. As I say a girl can dream! Good luck in finding one or more local friends!
- October 23, 2019 at 10:01 am #238936Fiona-Ann MossLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1198Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3492 times
Hi Camryn, dont! let my experiences put you off, i may have just been unlucky. I would like to note also that of all the experiences i had, i was in drab too. I think, at least, for myself, it’s the way to go because i am more confident drab, however, if i was to get to know a person better, then i more than likely would go femme. I find it a sad fact that for many of us, our lifestyle seems to attract some unwanted attention. The best way is to put it all down to experience and try again, maybe the next time might be more fruitful!!
Love and kisses, Fiona xxx
- October 22, 2019 at 10:25 am #238378AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 271Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 1002 times
I would like to be part of a group of like minded girls. To meet and enjoy discussions about dressing, makeup and other related things but not for any type of committed one on one relationship. Even here there have been a few that have made lewd comments that honestly I don’t enjoy or appreciate. Friendship is all I would want and all that I would give. I do love my life the way it is and have no desire to make it complicated beyond a simple gathering once in a while.
- October 21, 2019 at 9:34 am #237940Vicki SmytheLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 95Has thanked: 68 timesBeen thanked: 313 times
I would love to meet another CD. Just to be able to openly talk with someone else that understands where you are and what you’re experiencing. I just need to get over my fears of going out in public and how well I may or may not pass. But I definitely don’t want to embarrass the other person with how I look.
- October 21, 2019 at 11:28 am #237990Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 1563Has thanked: 7454 timesBeen thanked: 3970 times
Its easier when you are meeting another CD for the first time. You don’t necessarily have to pass and if they know you’re ‘newer’, they keep their expectations in line. You can work up to a meeting too, by PM, email or phone first to get a feel for the person you are going to meet.
When meeting my first CDH contact, we did it with our SO’s in drab after talking back and forth for a bit. It went very well. We continue to be in contact and visit on occassion. Its good for the soul.
- October 21, 2019 at 9:32 am #237936Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1577Has thanked: 1168 timesBeen thanked: 4133 times
- October 21, 2019 at 7:57 am #237930MaeLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 223Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 451 times
Hi Doll; You were the first contact I had as a Dress. I started Dressing last October 2018 and joined CDH in mid January 2019. I visited the site multiple times before I actually joined … I was so anxious about being outed over something I was excited about but knew nothing about. Would there be a fee or paper trail. Would it appear on Facebook or one of the numerous “surprise remember this” that your phone or computer will do and make public. Somewhere between turbulent torture & feast of femininity … I suspect for this Crossdressing Closet Girl meeting another Dresser would be a similar roller coaster ride of emotions than to step out of my Closet, Dressed and appear in public … 😅 whew talk about an anticipated emotional overload
- October 20, 2019 at 5:25 pm #237782Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 912Has thanked: 9442 timesBeen thanked: 3535 times
Over the years, I have met many other gurl’s like me. I have met them when I and they were both dressed, when I was dressed and they were endrab, and when I was drab and they were dressed.
I met the first CD, other than myself way, way back when I was 16 and she was a wonderful help to me and it’s been 44 years of meeting and losing track of other ladies, but I do enjoy making new friends of every type.
It’s easy to know when a girl is out for her first or near first time, and I think it is our responsibility to get acquainted with them when we see them and let them know we are there to help if and when they need it. Don’t be pushy, especially if you notice that ‘deer in the headlights’ look, but do introduce yourself and invite them sit at your table or shop along with or whatever you are doing. But, please let them know they are not alone.
- October 20, 2019 at 4:44 pm #237762
- October 20, 2019 at 4:20 pm #237748Paula1LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 8Replies: 520Has thanked: 574 timesBeen thanked: 1159 times
- October 22, 2019 at 2:37 pm #238628AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 27Replies: 926Has thanked: 1416 timesBeen thanked: 1840 times
- October 20, 2019 at 9:23 am #237609Gigi MathewsLadyRegistered On: July 16, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 300Has thanked: 698 timesBeen thanked: 739 times
100% yes, Fiona. I think it would be so nice to actually meet and perhaps build a friendship with someone who really gets it. Someone to dress with, exchange thoughts with, sharing makeup tips and anything girly. My wife is an amazing supporter but, can she truly understand. Also she wouldn’t mind.
- October 20, 2019 at 9:15 am #237608Fiona-Ann MossLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1198Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3492 times
Hi Girls. I must say that i am pleased with the answers so far, especially as it seems that most of us want to meet up with someone else who crossdresses. I mean, who wouldnt? as long as it was safe and just for friendship.
I have had Three experiences so far, and all of them have been a total waste of time. One, well, i got friendly online and decided to meet up drab….. the person never turned up after me waiting there for over an hour at a pre-determined time, since then, no contact either way, still baffles me to this day.
Number Two, and this is what you all should watch for…… This person was the nicest person you could talk to, suffice to say, i met up in a pub, we talked, the convo was flowing well, then out of the blue, i was shown pictures of his male organs for which i politely refused and left, but not before him asking to go back to his flat and, well…… i’ll leave that one to you.
Number Three, much the same as number two, but for one small difference, once again we chatted via messenger, we were going to meet, but he spoiled it by posting me very indecent images via messenger of himself, suppose i was lucky to be pre-warned.
So this girls, is why i am so cagey about meeting anyone, in my limited experience, there does seem to be an ulterior motive for many, agreed, not everyone is like that, thank goodness, but do i really deserve that? am i such a bad person? All i want is a simple friendship!!!!! is that really too much to ask for?? 🙁
Love and kisses, Fiona-Ann xxx
- October 22, 2019 at 11:54 pm #238786Jessica JamesRegistered On: July 10, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 622Has thanked: 745 timesBeen thanked: 1232 times
I would agree with all you have said, I would love to meet other crossdressers for friendship but have been wary for the same reason as you have expressed in your experiences.
This can be a lonely experience and sometimes I feel there are not any ‘people like me’ who are nearby. Maybe I live in a dressing free zone or the north of England is where CDs tend to keep themselves to themselves.
it would be great to have friendship with someone with the same interests and who understands.
- October 21, 2019 at 9:07 am #237934MaeLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 223Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 451 times
Hi Doll; You were the first person I had communicated with after I started Dressing last October. Now after a year of Dressing I’ve may have become to open. When I first started Dressing I had no idea why I had been bitten by the Femme Bug so I went on line and found CDH. I visited the site multiple times before I actually signed up. I was an anxious mess. The thought of being Outed over something I absolutely knew nothing about and yet … I signed up. I must admit it was the sexual charge that drove me. I still can’t explain my fascination with my new found femininity. But at this point I think I’m at a point of maturing with my balance between David & Davida. To be able to Dress and have some Girl Talk at a Café or Coffee shop would be so exciting but the reality is I’m a Crossdressing Closet Girl and chatting others up on my keyboard, perhaps sharing photos of lasted hairstyles and outfits is probably as close as I’ll ever get. But like you said in one of your comments, “ Never say Never”
- October 21, 2019 at 6:08 am #237902Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 912Has thanked: 9442 timesBeen thanked: 3535 times
Fiona, it def isn’t you hon. Since the internet made it so ‘convenient’ to make friends with total anonymity, most of the people who like to go to chat or IM have had plenty of people ‘ghosting’ them and the dishonest people seem to be as thick as thieves.
I do miss the 70’s and 80’s, when you would actually meet real people, and usually you were both already someplace public when you did. It was very much easier back then than it is today, regardless of what the techie folks say about the internet.
- October 20, 2019 at 8:55 pm #237853patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 68Replies: 1267Has thanked: 2110 timesBeen thanked: 4367 times
Hi Fiona ,
No it is not too much to ask for a simple friendship.
As you said it seems people categorize us as having a sexual motive to what we do.
And they have a ulterior motive.
I hope you find that friend and you will, you are great person.
You know real friends are hard to come by and I am finding out one of the most valuable things you can find.
when you find that friendship cherish it.
- October 20, 2019 at 3:13 pm #237733
- October 20, 2019 at 12:01 pm #237665AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 27Replies: 926Has thanked: 1416 timesBeen thanked: 1840 times
- October 22, 2019 at 9:37 am #238333LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1198Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3492 times
Lol Laura, no!! i dont like dangly bits!! i dont even like my own!! It would be nice to meet up, trouble is, on first encounter with anyone, i’d rather be drab and see how it goes. I guess, it’s a bit of a negative answer, but i’d feel more confident that way at first. I do know however, that one day, i am going to have to just go for it and go femme outside!!
2 users thanked author for this post.
- October 22, 2019 at 10:55 am #238402AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 27Replies: 926Has thanked: 1416 timesBeen thanked: 1840 times
As long as you don’t mind if I dress for the occasion, I won’t mind how you dress!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 20, 2019 at 9:38 am #237616Gigi MathewsLadyRegistered On: July 16, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 300Has thanked: 698 timesBeen thanked: 739 times
That is really unfortunate Fiona. I hope that is not what I can expect. I want to meet a sister who is like me. They must be out there somewhere. I am. I hope your experiences do not stifle your desire to connect with other CDs Fiona……your sister Gigi
- October 20, 2019 at 9:34 am #237614MollyDuchessRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 280Has thanked: 1439 timesBeen thanked: 898 times
Your expectations are not unreasonable!… There are people out there who are as good as any of the girls on this site. Don’t give up!.
It may be that your contacts are coming from the wrong place, and their expectations are all wrong. Find a CD group, or a Trans resource group and ask these people where and how they’re meeting people… It’s really very interesting to listen what they say and where they’ve had disasters and successes. I’ve heard a few stories just being around some of these groups, and some of the statements have really made my jaw drop … Who would have thought that there’s a (very small) group in a vintage car restoration community?
Hugs and warmest wishes for your success
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Molly.
- October 19, 2019 at 7:25 pm #237440LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 1563Has thanked: 7454 timesBeen thanked: 3970 times
I have met and plan to meet even more, relating and sharing in person is such a great experience. Doing so with a few of the girls from this site who have made a big intellectual impression on me would be even more awesome.
I also been lucky enough to have met and become friends with a couple gg’s. The conversations seem quite different from those with other CD’s or even with my very supportive SO.
- October 19, 2019 at 5:26 pm #237391Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 1842Has thanked: 3410 timesBeen thanked: 6304 times
Yes, yes, yes! I have a few online friendships, but only know of a couple of other local folks, who, unlike me, aren’t retired and so have limited opportunity for meetings.
- October 19, 2019 at 5:16 pm #237387AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 27Replies: 926Has thanked: 1416 timesBeen thanked: 1840 times
Why keep it to yourself when sharing is so much more fun!
I’ve met and am friends with some trans girls, and drag queens (well, one drag queen!), but it’s not the same – lovely though they are.
Any girls who fancy a day trip or a night out in Brighton, 2nd November is the date!
I’m planning a December one too.
I love going out in Brighton.
- October 19, 2019 at 5:10 pm #237386Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2734Has thanked: 1962 timesBeen thanked: 5552 times
Another great question. I have met with several CD’s in person. It is fun to go shopping with another CD or just visit together.
If one is planning to meet another CD be safe and get to know them prior to your meeting.
- October 20, 2019 at 8:47 am #237596
- October 19, 2019 at 4:05 pm #237356patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 68Replies: 1267Has thanked: 2110 timesBeen thanked: 4367 times
I would love to meet one that we had enough in common to be friends.
I had a close internet friendship with a transgender person but I seemed to have really messed it up .
My heart is still aching over that loss.
It would be nice to have some c/d trans friends to talk to and go out with .
I think I may just be too boring.
- October 21, 2019 at 10:23 pm #238184
- October 20, 2019 at 8:52 am #237599LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1198Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3492 times
Awww Patty, please dont call yourself boring! in fact, you are far from it. You have shown here at CDH that you like getting involved in the forums, adding your bit of useful advice. No hun, it’s the other person’s loss, you are worth far more than that 🙂 . Oh! and remember, you still have friends here!
Love and kisses, Fiona-Ann xxx
- October 19, 2019 at 4:35 pm #237382Bobbie1951LadyRegistered On: June 22, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 285Has thanked: 1029 timesBeen thanked: 493 times
- October 19, 2019 at 3:22 pm #237346AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 6Replies: 14Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 64 times
I marked the other box, please try to understand. If the opportunity was presented and I felt safe then sure it would be ok to meet a girl like me. However my top priority would me to become close friends with GG, I feel to futher my journey as a woman I need to associate with GG, so as to become more femine in my ways and manors.Just think how cool it would be to have GG friends who you share life with.
- October 19, 2019 at 2:31 pm #237327Bobbie1951LadyRegistered On: June 22, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 285Has thanked: 1029 timesBeen thanked: 493 times
Thanks for the question and starting this discussion. i would love to meet one or more other crossdressers just for understanding, companionship and mentoring. i am trying to come out of the closet at least part time by You Tube Videos and articles and hopefully a makeover or two, but i am not at all certain i am doing anything right. my few makeup attempts beyond nails and lipstick have been DISASTERS. Clownish is too gentle! Even nails and lipstick are not even at the level of the average 13 year old. i would just like to be able to go out for lunch or supper with one or more kindred spirits, dressed up and let Bobbie have some fun.
- October 19, 2019 at 2:15 pm #237324Michelle LiefdeAmbassador - EditorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 54Replies: 1182Has thanked: 1882 timesBeen thanked: 1502 times
Thanks for another great poll! I am looking forward to this Spring when Gwenn and I attend a conference, this will also be my first time out unless something happens between now and then. So yup gonna get a chance to meet a few folks.
- October 19, 2019 at 2:07 pm #237321IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 269Has thanked: 679 timesBeen thanked: 775 times
Yet another great question, Fiona
My answer – ‘I have already met one or many other CDs in person while presenting as a woman’
However, had you asked that same question just a few months ago, it would have been the ‘Yes, most certainly’ option.
I took the opportunity this year to finally get myself to a couple of events where I could dress for the whole weekend in the company of many like minded people. It was wonderful – it all felt so very natural and comfortable and certainly reinforced my feelings about dressing. So the plan now is to attend as many of these type of events as I can, which, for me, means travelling to the UK as unfortunately I have yet to find anything similar in Ireland.
- October 19, 2019 at 1:43 pm #237311Bettie HoustonLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 64Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 146 times
- October 19, 2019 at 1:31 pm #237300AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 16Replies: 152Has thanked: 241 timesBeen thanked: 451 times
Definitely. Anyone who I could talk to freely in person with about this would be wonderful. Granted I wouldn’t want to go in with any preconceptions for what I’d get out of it but even if it was just that I’d have another friend then it would be worth it.
- October 19, 2019 at 12:37 pm #237283AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 147Replies: 662Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 1559 times
Sorry Fee! I added the last two options… as “Other” was just too generic. 🙂 Gladly, I have met lots of our sisters in person. Both presenting as Gaby as just going out for lunch with “the guys”.
- October 19, 2019 at 12:10 pm #237264AoifeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 65Replies: 321Has thanked: 823 timesBeen thanked: 1147 times
Big yes. It can be hard to keep myself contained when I meet one in person, not wanting to break whatever they’re feeling, ntm how much I would prefer to befriend one closer to my age. It would be such a relief to have that connection!
- October 19, 2019 at 11:44 am #237262Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 394Has thanked: 729 timesBeen thanked: 1319 times
I said yes definitely, because it would give me someone who knows exactly how I feel, we could discuss the latest fashion’s and other issues, and maybe we could go out en femme to a venue or just for a meal, I’m sure it would give me more courage to step out of that closet door and face the world x maybe sometime in the future you never know what will happen xxxxx
- October 19, 2019 at 10:54 am #237237
- October 19, 2019 at 10:53 am #237236Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 266Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 973 times
I would rather meet women who are sympathetic to the cause and would feel more comfortable meeting their other CD friends. (does that make sense?)
Anyhow, I will be 70 in a couple of years and never met one yet so what’s the chance of that happening?
- October 19, 2019 at 10:59 am #237241LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1198Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3492 times
Never say never Sally!!!
- October 19, 2019 at 10:46 am #237232Ruby SmithLadyRegistered On: October 17, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 308Has thanked: 427 timesBeen thanked: 555 times
Definitely. Would be awesome to be around someone who feels the same and to have a friendship with. Would help me to get mentally prepared to go out all dolled up.
- October 19, 2019 at 10:33 am #237229MollyDuchessRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 280Has thanked: 1439 timesBeen thanked: 898 times
Sorry, had to answer Other, because the option I wanted wasn’t there.
I HAVE joined a local group and it’s been so much better than I could have even imagined. There are girls at all stages and it really really made a big difference to my mental state. I love the forums and the occasional times I get a chance to talk on the Chat, but having an evening a month to dress and be with other girls has been such a sanity saver for me.
I would answer ‘Yes most certainly’; But I have noticed that some of the girls crave a little more than friendship. Still love the group, but a little wary of one-on-one type get together type invitations, so it’s a guarded answer
Still, I must say it was one of the most important things I’ve done for myself, and it really cemented the “This is not uncommon” understanding in a way that this site couldn’t do as well, or at least as quickly, with words
Thanks for your wonderful polls.
- October 19, 2019 at 10:32 am #237228
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.