• This topic has 38 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello girls…I hope everyone is feeling good.

This is something that will probably raise quite a lot of different opinions…here goes – do you thing a basic membership fee would deter trolls and trouble makers??

Would you pay a small ” one off” life membership fee, say £10 to be a basic member (Lady), obviously all other paid member ” levels” would stay as they are…maybe for the fee you got ,say, a 50 photo allowance or something similar.

I just wonder if the trolls would go to the trouble of paying to join, just to throw insults, so making CDH a safer place. Please don’t misunderstand me, the girls in charge do the most wonderful job, the problem being they can only usually act after someone has been hurt…….I’m sure you all have your own ideas….

stay safe, grace ❤️❤️

Great suggestion Grace. Let’s see what the other ladies think.

L❤️ve, Stephanie 💕

Anonymous

Oh absolutely Grace most would, but there again many hackers can still bypass pay for access sites and indeed many do, just look at the banking world for one. Mine was hacked and two thousand was transferred to account in Scotland some time ago.

Anonymous

If you charged either a one-time fee or recurring monthly fee, I would need to leave.  Not that I don’t have the money, I certainly do.  Money isn’t the issue, rather the issue is this: How would I get the money to you?  Note that I don’t do any financial transactions electronically, only cash or check.

Anonymous

The idea of gaining access with payment will deter some but others will happily pay for there fun or have access to ways of paying that don’t cost them a penny.

I for one can see one of them finding it haleries to sign there friends up and pay for access using there computer or phone then flooding comments all whilst there friends back is turn for a second. just to name one

One thing that could work is slow verification, where you can only post contact or reply a few times a day till you have proved yourself as no threat. after a week or two of activity the limit is dropped.  this will mean they cant flood insults around unless there prepared to pretend to contribute for a while first. and I really cant see them bothering to do that.

This as everything would take time reworking the site and overlooked by the moderators, all in all not shore it would balance out to be Worthwhile .

Altho to be honest what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and what better place to face this then a place like this with the support and help of everyone here, I know this is and other sites are supposed to be a safe havens for people like us, but sometimes I think a little to safe where some can hide from the real world and lock it out for far to long.

I’m also not too concerned about “trolls.”  But, the option of a one-time payment that would provide some sort of advanced status/membership has merit.  The problem with the current monthly upgrade is setting up payment.  I don’t do financial stuff as Falecia.  My guess is I’m not alone.  I could do a one-time and likely would.  Maybe they should examine 501C3?  Or . . . set up a foundation?  Maybe we’d be a great 3rd party alternative for the US or on the world stage as the World Health Engendering Network (WHEN) to partner with WHO?

FAM

Yes I would.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Grace

Whilst I can understand the motivation for the idea I wod makee very unsure about staying. At a nominal payment such as £10 it would not be out of any principle but because of the payment trail it would create as it would mean that my male name would be appearing on the database which might give an incentive for the wrong sort of data hacker which might prove more dangerous for many of us than the action of the occasional troll.

Rachel

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

When I joined I was deep in the closet and most kind of payment would revile my true identity (and show up somewhere for my wife to see, not a problem for me since wife know but maybe for others).

I have now left the closet a bit and could consider paying for more but a monthly payment still hurts a bit (all this “it’s only X dollar per month” from several different online places means you quickly end up in a lot of money every month) so a one time fee could be interesting to me at least.

I haven’t been targeted by any of the nastygrams the trolls sent out and I’m not sensitive so I would probably just ignore it but it will always hurt someone so a way to stop it would be good.

The one time payment for something like a few more pics or so could be good but as some pointed out I think several ladies would leave then. Maybe because of just the thought of paying is an issue or how to pay.

I think a better option would be to go down the path of initial restrictions until proven ok. Like that any new member can not join chat or see anyones profile (and with that no private messages) until they done X posts.

/kt

Becka
      Lady

One reason I cannot shop on line much is my SO i tied to every method of payment I would be able to use.

I sure do not want to start my own account somewhere to pay attention to.

So while I would be open to paying a small fee, it would be difficult.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

The issue really is about a payment trail for some as opposed to the fee.  Certainly an issue for those still completely closeted.  Myself, this site has already paid for itself tenfold for how it has helped me and introduced me to many people I’m happy to call friend.  So, I have no issue with the concept at all.

Stevie

Gail Rich
      Lady

I would not stay. It is not about money, it is about the payment trail. I can not have a trail, so I would not be able to stay.

by the way, anyone who wanted to be a troll would not let a payment stop them.

Anonymous

Gail you’ve got it spot the payment trail would a problem for anyone who wishes to remain undetected.

Love Sarah xx

Stevie65
      Lady

Like that has been mentioned before. Some can not because of family issues and it might not get rid of all the trolls. I would stay depending on the basic rate.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

As a deterrant to trolls, it could work, but so many girls out there need to find refuge here……………………..Like me for instance…………. shy , skittish , careful with money, after much mental back and forth…………joined as a Lady………………found Love, Friendship, Support ,Knowledge, and Confidence…………….budgeted and with  a boost from a small lottery ticket winning,  became a Baroness!! In the short time I have been here………….(tears….sorry)………..I have grown so much!!!  I would vote to keep it as is…………….just need to support and protect one another…………help each other to be strong, confident girls to stand up to the bullies.     karley

Anonymous

Beautifully written Karley….and yes, CDH should ALWAYS be a refuge….you are so very sweet!!

Huggs, grace ❤️❤️

Sutekina
      Lady

10 pounds is steep for me, but I would pay a nominal fee, only after having seen the sight the way it is for at least a month. If I couldn’t see the sight and the value of the forums, I wouldn’t have explored further with this sight.

Beautifully written Karley….and yes, CDH should ALWAYS be a refuge, I have paid for a while, coming from Australia it gets very pricy for myself and there is the trail as well

Maybe a one off fee could work

Hugs Paula

Anonymous

regretfully i would leave the site

Leave it alone. If its not broken why try to fix it?., This being free is a great way to stay in touch with friends and other people like we are without leaving a paper trail. I for one wouldn’t stay on this site if it wasn’t free. Thanks for all of your input

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

[postquote quote=404609]
      I’m not saying block unless you pay but I’m thinking that if you can’t just create a free account and then directly see all people and send private messages to them it makes it a little harder for trolls to start spamming people.

I don’t know how other people started here but I would expect that one start with looking around, feel the need to reply or start a topic and then create a account. After then replying starting maybe 10 posts (and more than 5 minutes passed) the profile info opens up.

/kt

Anonymous

I try to be active and helpful, and I have come to figure out “ me” in my time here on the site because of all the communication and info I have read here. But if I have to pay I would have to leave… I’m not out and I can’t have a trail

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

as the chat manager, I can tell you that trolls are real and they are a consistent pain in the… you get it…

I’m afraid, however, that such a fee would chase off the shy new girls that need what this site does, but they aren’t sure yet if they want to make any commitment at all.

Also, there is at least one person, and perhaps others, who would not be able to pay…

Anonymous

Wow…girls….brilliant interaction..as usual….it seems the overriding opinion is ” keep it free”…

That’s wonderful, I hope not one of you lovelies has taken any sort of offence at this topic, after all, it’s all about opinions isn’t it???

Personally, CDH is my haven too, and I would hate to lose just ONE of you because of paper trails, or whatever other reason….thanks…..big huggs,

grace ❤️❤️

Anonymous

[postquote quote=404861]
      Grace sweetie no one has taken offence of  your question. If fact you always come up with really interesting ones to debate or take part in.

I think a small fee would be a wonderful idea. It would certainly keep the average troll away. I think the ones that have an agenda would still show up, but im not just sure how many of those are really around here?
      but,just full disclosure, I’m already a happily paid subscription member, so my opinion maybe is biased:-)
      Hugs, Regine

As a number of folks here have said there will always be trolls. If they want to troll badly enough they will figure out a way to do it even if it means using a stolen credit card number. And believe me, they will. If I had to pay to be a member here I would have to leave. I know I’m not alone.

Just thinking out loud.  Is the biggest problem in private messages or chat? Can there be different levels of access?  You “earn” it as you have been here and played by the rules?  You can post in forums first, then chat, then pms.

I like CDH because because there is an application to enter and no membership fee. I am on a tight budget and would prefer to keep the base model free with increased level of access based on added membership fees. Yes, you have to apply and that keeps most of the creeps away but I feel that it is worth it. Violators can usually be spotted and banned quickly. I have grown to have thick skin related to trolls and report them immediately and get on with my life.

Maybe there can be a one time $10 fee (or other amount based on national currencies) that gets charged upon application and then reimbursed after a few months based on good behavior and amount of activity. It’s not perfect but could eliminate another level of the everyday trolls that are not willing to part with a nominal fee.

Evelyn
      Lady

I would certainly pay a fee to ensure the safety of this site. I’m from the UK and although I’ve not been a member for long, I think  it’s the finest website for us that I’ve ever experienced.  Worth every penny to keep the idiots out. Xxx

Molly
      Duchess

Honestly;

I decided to pay within the first day of finding CDH, but needed to convince the SO that it was appropriate for a regular payment.   I would happily have paid a one off $5 fee (price of luxury coffee) for a free level membership if I was to know that it helped deter most of the unsavoury individuals.

Failing that, I’d be just as happy if the only way a free account could communicate with the site was chat (that’s well patrolled), and posting to forums (in which case it’s obvious that they are a member)

Basically if someone want’s in enough, then we can’t stop them from posing as a CD or trans to gain entry, but hopefully we can deter some of the more lazy/inept/cheap individuals by a once off charge.

To combat the issues of “I can’t pay electronically”, we can offer a “Contact an administrator to make your case for an exception”.

Finally if we really get way out there… You can pay once off $50 and get back $40 at six months unless you misbehave, or it can ALL be applied to a membership if you start one.

The question is how to provide enough of a preview that CD individual know it’s worth it.

-Molly

Hi Grace it could go either way as i was free for a bit till i could arrange to pay and  i went all in as a princess as i want to support CDH keep alive as its a big help to all here especialy new girls here that cant pay  so im happy to step up and keep us going in the right direction but i think shooting the trolls would be a better solution  lol hugs to all my sisters past present and future love you all .

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Steph!!!!!

What a great idea, a troll shooting season like they have for other wild animals….can I suggest January until December????

Grace ❤️❤️

Anonymous

Can I use full-auto weapons?

Anonymous

Bettylou….

hang on, I will have a word with my legal team………

….YES!!!!

Anonymous

IMO, this site is a treasure, and worthy of paid support from everyone.  The only valid reason I can think of for having free memberships is to protect the girls who are in the closet and can’t pay online or by check without revealing themselves.  I’m sure there is a workaround for this, but it might mean a lot of work for someone to manage the payments.  Personally, I would rather tolerate the trolls than force any of our ladies to drop out.

Bettylou

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Bettylou, I agree with you that though a small membership fee would deter any troublemakers, but it would also likely deter those of extremely limited means, where $10-20 might be a real issue. Then those who are so closeted that they are deathly afraid to do an online, or other potentially traceable payments.

Amy

Anonymous

I would and plan to be a paid member here very soon.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?