Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

I know a few ladies who aren’t transitioning but still take hormones.
      Do you do this?

Anonymous

I was doing a DIY sort of thing with hormones I got online, and without doctor supervision. I know how incredibly foolish and dangerous that is/was, but I use that 2 month period as a marker that (a) I really am Trans*, and (b) I am willing to risk all to if not lose male secondary sex characteristics, then at least gain some of the female ones.

If you define “transitioning” as going all the way through with SRS, then I don’t think I will ever be “transitioning”. If you allow a less strict (and possibly more accurate) definition, i.e. that “transitioning” means “any movement away from one gender toward the opposite” then anyone who takes hormones specifically to gain female secondary sex characteristics is transitioning. Anyone prescribed minimal doses of hormones to control or diminish feelings of intense gender dysphoria would not be considered so.

At least that’s my two cents…

Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

Hey hon,

Hehe, you read my mind – I definitely wouldn’t recommend taking hormones without a doctor’s supervision.

There is a lot that can go wrong – my doctor was particularly concerned about my kidneys when I first started, and I had tests for them every month, as well as tests to ensure the estrogen level is correct.

Generally folks use the time between going full time and surgery as a way to ensure they are trans. The standards of care say a year – and this is a whole different topic, I think I had my surgery at like 12 months 15 days after I went full time 🙂

I like your definition of transitioning. To which I’d add – to have transitioned is to reach you desired gender state. It may or may not involve surgery, but I think it’s essential that it allows you to live without constant concerns about gender.

Anonymous

I have not Yet started hormons as of today(9/5/15) but have a few girl friends that are taking their  doses. I feel one should not be held to  Hrt therapy to prove “their female side” though i will be going on that  path soon

dw6235
      Lady

I have just ordered breast enhancement pills and liquid from natureday am going to try to grow my breast bigger don’t know if it will work but wanted to try something on the natural side before going to the hormones route meanwhile stick to my diet to lose my stomach and aces weight have lost 65 lbs this year

Anonymous

I tried the natural way and t blocker and had no change at all ,but it might work for you bet keep your hopes in check and good luck

Anonymous

is anyone from texas…I dnt kno anything about being a boy…girl..or transgender…meow..can eating and drinking certain things make me grow boobs…I got a girl body..and boobs too…36B..WOW.im kinda lk a guy because I seen girls w small boobs too…and my dear do alot of them look sexy..i want big boobs though…I think I would like to have that..meow

Anonymous

Coming back to add to this ithink if one want’s more a feminen appearence such as Breasts ,and maybe more thanone needa to seek some sort of counsel to see if you are a cross dresser or a Mtf who isn’t sure which way to go .i think if going Hrt the next step would be Srs .just my added thought

Anonymous

Josie, I am not from texas but I do have a link to a support group there because I have a good TS friend in texas.  If you would like the address I can private message it to you – or just pm my own site address – and you can find the link under Favorite Links.

As to the hormone thing.   I would not consider taking them for two reasons.  First I have transitioned as far as I will and second, taking hormones changes my internal balances.   Right now I am well enough balanced and do not wish to upset that.  Mr presentation is all I need to show me as the woman I am now.   I do my best to look good in my clothes and makeup and I even manage to remember to watch my voice so it will sound less male.   I fail there a lot because most of the time I don’t pay attention.

well, my tuppence is that I am not too enamored by the way the medical establishment views hrt, in that it is too much based on presenting as woman rather than how one feels.
      In my opinion, you do it if you have to in order to feel at ease within yourself – if it makes you look better, pass better – that is a bonus, but I couldnt imagine doing it purely for those reasons.

I like and agree with your thinking here. The hormones also affects the way you feel and your thought process. And I think that is as important as any changes that might happen physically. So there are benefits and that needs to be weighed

Hugs and much love,
        Donna

Anonymous

Time to weigh in on this topic.  First and foremost, if one is going to be on a HRT regimen, for ~whatever reason~ then do it while under the care and supervision of a knowledgeable doctor, endocrinologist to be specific.  Serious health concerns are at stake if you don’t….well, even if you do for that matter, but a doctor will probably notice anything that would be a concern.

For a few years I tried the herb and lotion/potion route, being to afraid, embarrassed or whatever to see a doctor.  I spend tons of money, hours and hours of diligently massaging and following suggested routines.  Didn’t work for me at all.  Each person is different and responds to things differently, just sharing my experience is all.

As far as one having SRS/GRS in order to be considered fully transitioned, I disagree wholeheartedly.  Many decide against that for multitudes of reasons. Each persons journey is theirs……controlled by them, not by definitions-no matter who makes those definitions.  Accepting someone for who they and how they represent is what matters.  My name is Denise, I’m a woman. That is the essence of me and all one really needs to know.  Accept me or reject me for only that basis kinda thing. Having had or have not had SRS/GRS, whether I want to or not, for whatever reason, is my decision and shared only with those who would have a valid reason to know.  Does that make me any less of a woman, a person, for whatever decision I have or will make?  I think not.

So in closing, I have to reiterate this; if you are considering HRT, for whatever reason, do so under a doctors care and supervision.

Here’s a goofy question for everyone here taking hormones.

Has anyone actually had their un-altered normal T level tested? Has anyone ever sought out treatment for Low Testosterone?

Reason I ask. Years ago my doctor had my T-levels tested and I was way low (200 range where norm is 348 to 1000.) I tried androgel for several years, but it is really expensive and honestly, I don’t think it worked. Recently I’ve been seeing a urologist for another issue and asked about my T-Level and it was low. Lower than years ago. Her treatment for this was Testosterone injections every 2 weeks. Wow, it’s like crack. Feeling really good, no muscle cramps, lost a few pounds. And feeling a bit horny.

I was really concerned that this treatment would kill off my desire to crossdress. It hasn’t.

Presently my legs are shaved smooth as is my chest. I feel slim and sexy. My nuts, as a side effect of the testosterone shots have gone into hibernation. Honestly, they’re barely there. Gone from walnuts to peanuts. Which makes them really easy to tuck and hide.

Just wondering if my apparent life long low testosterone has lead me to embrace my feminine side.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous

I take Estrofem for a few months and then lay off for a few months.  I will not transition.

I do this to minimise any permanent effects they have on me, although I do have some slight increase in breast tissue, which I love.

I find the hormones make me feel happier, more content, make me a gentler person.  Certainly they make me more emotional.  My skin is softer, as is my hair.

Anonymous

I’m thinking of doing the same , I’m finding the urge to become more feminine is getting so strong I have to do something. I’m going to start on a low dose and regulate until I’m happy

has anyone had any luck with soy milk and hypnosis

Though I have given considerable thought to transitioning I am not sure I will ever get there due to the monetary costs .  I tell myself it is not all that critical because even though my body may not be in sync with my mind that won’t change the fact that I have a strong feminine side and believe myself to be a woman.  On the other hand I have taken smaller steps to bring my body into sync such as taking depo provera to eliminate my testosterone (a form of chemical castration), rhinoplasty to helf feminize my face and I have take estrogen shots and premarin for breast growth (40 B).  I also for a short time took progesterone and used a breast pump to help stimulate breast growth and while it did have an effect I also found myself leaking and needind pads.  When I first started taking the premerain the doctor subscribed spironallactate as a testosterone blocker but my major breast growth occured once I started the depo=provera shots.  Before that I had tried many combinations of herbals that I had read about but with little success.  Good Luck Girls.

Johnnie
        Duchess

My feelings about transitioning is that it is primarily psychological. Outward appearance does not change your gender core identity. Regardless if you decide to take HRT or or undergo surgery or  not your female gender identity remains the same. Think about when you must present yourself as a male, do you believe that during the period of presenting as a male do you feel that you lost your feminine core self?  If your core gender identity is authentic, that identity will NOT be affected by your outward appearance Of we absolutely prefer to present ourselves as female. Main reason is that we want our outward appearance to match our gender this can be accomplished with dressing up, mannerisms, and voice. In my opinion, this is much better than surgery  With surgery and HRT to some extent, the procedure CANNOT be reversed

And in several cases surgery does not meet expectations and also there  can be serious medical complications. However some TG hate their male bodies to the point of suffering life threatening clinical depression. For these individuals surgery maybe the only effective treatment.

To answer your question no I would not because I have I have reconcile my female gender with my male body. And since I have fully accepted my female gender I consider myself as a full transgender woman.

I might consider it , but im in the state of mind were i might consider transitioning.  I know and feel better as a woman,  but i feel guilty for being that woman. Thats what holds me back

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?