Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Watching Emmerdale on ITV the character Paddy Kirk when he marries Chastity Dingle took her Surname.
      Got me your thinking would any of you girls do that?

Simple to answer:  I offered to do this – she declined and took my surname instead.  I can’t see why it should be considered “unusual” for the XY chromosome to allow the XX version to retain their historical identity, any more than for the “conventional” other way round.  Surely, shouldn’t the idea be that both partners decide on a neutral name for them both to adopt?  Now, what would my new surname havve been?…  Trump?  Duterte?  Mussolini?  Stroessner?  Truss?  Ahem – maybe I need to consider this a little longer…  Holly XXX

Interesting Kirk is church, Dingle is a small wooded valley. Not sure if Paddy traded up or not.

We both kept our last names.

That’s an unusual surname you have Wanda.

I know Kirk is Scottish for Church.
        Didn’t know Dingle meant that.

Glad your wife is supportive of you.

Wish my wife would support me.
        Liz

Hi Liz if my wife had asked me to take her surname when we got married i would have said yes with of course i would,

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Taking my name was important to me when my wife and I got married.  She had floated the question of keeping her name for professional reasons (her degrees were in her maiden name).  I said explained that her idea would had merit, but she did not have a professional reputation beyond her degrees.  I did suggest that had she had a professional reputation, I would not stop her from keeping her name professionally, but legally it was important that we shared a name in marriage.

MacKenzie Alexandra

I did, 46 years ago I became Jin Crocker. Back when we used checks to pay our bills, I signed mine as “Mrs. Jin Crocker.”

J J
      Lady

No, I think the whole name change thing is silly. When we got married there was no thought of my wife changing her name to mine, nor me changing to her’s. We are both professionals and practices under our own names. The only discussion was when kids were born we just used my name on the birth certificate.

Interestingly, my daughter, who is a professional as well, took her husbands last name, but changed her middle name to her maiden name. Her husband is pretty conservative and I think would have felt emasculated had she kept her name. The male ego is a fragile thing.

I would have loved that since it plays into my fantasy of being the wife in the relationship.

Karen Spudet
      Baroness

At this point no. But when my dad is gone. (he don’t know of my dressing hes 98) If she thinks that it would be okay then yes. If I find the right lady she will b told of my dressing before we start dating. I think that would be the best way to talk about it.

Hugs Karen

I voted no…the reasons are easy.
      1. I’m not someone’s property. Women changed their names to respect whose property they were. This is purely a Celtic tradition for what it’s worth. Go to Italy or France. Those women would never give up their father’s name. They will add a name before giving up their family name.
      2. I’ll never give up my birthrights. With the family name goes certain birthrights. Changing one’s name and dropping the family name eliminates them from birthrights. And wills…

I’ve tried to get my wife to return to her maiden name…

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dani Grand.

No because I loathe my mother-in-law and taking my wife’s last name would remind me of her wretched mother.

If I ever do get married, which I really do want to one day, I would be the wife so I would be taking my husbands name

we already share the same surname so no problem here

I offered. My wife is the last of her family’s side. I had two brothers. One had one son, the other had two sons, so our name would live on. I offered to take my wife’s name so it could carry on. She said that she didn’t want that, so she took mine. we have a son, so there are four men carrying on the name.

Cerys

Harriette
      Lady

I answered no for one main reason: our family is the end of the line for our branch of it.

On my side, we are a very small family, but I have two brothers. The other two are nuclear families, one son, one daughter. Mine, as luck would have it, is only one daughter. So our surname continues, but barely. My wife’s family is large, so no pressure there.

On the other hand, while my wife uses my surname, she still hasn’t officially changed it yet. Life is funny like that. 😁

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?