• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Well I made my trip to Portlandia and it was amazing. Had a bit of a slow start getting there but once I was there…

Friday night – Makeup my black dress, wedge sandals to show off my newly painted toes (and they are gorgeous) – out to dinner in a local small town Italian Restaurant – I was the only T-Girl there so I was a bit nervous but the wait staff was fabulous and made me feel right at home and the food was oh my!!!!

Saturday I wanted to go shopping, it was a rainy day so not much else to do but go indoors. Did some makeup another black dress, mules and we went shopping – Saturday 2PM in the afternoon crowed mall. I was a bundle of nerves at first but we walked into Macy’s shopped for a bit, went to Penney’s then did the mall walk for a bit. Stopped in at my favorite store Bath and Body Works and chatted with the sales lady for about 15 minutes. She told me I had pretty eyes – oh I felt sooooo special. Then back to Macy’s and talked with the Bobby Brown makeup lady for a bit, bought some makeup, then went back to get some rest. Lot of walking and a few pre-blisters on my toes – ugh!

Saturday night did my makeup again put on my red lace dress, and again my wedge sandals because my feet were just not going into my daughters pumps (yeah my toes still hurt today) and went to downtown Portlandia to a Comedy Club – there we met up with about 20+ other ladies and watched the show 3 pretty funny comedians.

2 nights and one entire day en femme, and to top it all off I was out in public, in a crowded mall, in the middle of the day and nobody paid any attention to me except the sales ladies who were very sweet and so wonderful.

An amazing weekend. My confidence was high, I felt pretty, I did what I wanted, and I had fun.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

How awesome-nothing like a weekend out to chase away the blues!

Anonymous

That’s great Darcy!! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Oh thank you ladies, I did have a wonderful time and did push many boundaries. I think the biggest thing was that it was all ME!!! The first time out everything down to the panties and bra were borrowed. This time I had my own dresses, my own boobs, my own hair everything was ME!!! Everything was Darcy. I picked out the dresses, I picked out how to dress and present myself, the only thing I had help with is makeup and fixing my hair. I controlled where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do. Sure there were some missed opportunities but the success out weighs what was missed.

Claudia C
      Ambassador

Sounds like you had a great  time. Congrats.

It gets more comfortable  the more you do it.

Just be careful  to not be complacent.

Anonymous

Awesome day, Darcy – congratulations!!!!!

keep in mind – most people see what they expect to see and don’t worry about anything.   Then there are those who do a double-take.  If they smile you did well.  If they frown, YOU smile and move on because they don’t matter.

I was reading an article a while back, I think it was on this site, anyway the topic was about dressing in public. One sentence that caught my attention was to the effect “most people are unobservant and are to wrapped up in their own world to care”. My observations at the mall really proved that point. And yes I understand the dangers of complacency – that could get a girl into trouble for sure. The other helpful advice I got is ‘walk in like you own the place’ – show confidence. Thank you for your comments. It was a fun weekend.

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

You give me lots to think about Darcy-wish I lived near enough to with you to that place-sounds glorious!

I think the biggest hurdle is going and doing it. I haven’t ventured out alone – the thought just scares the shit out of me! Having someone with you is really helpful. She kinda got on my nerves a few times – she’s a thrift store goth type and me – well Macy’s was the best!!!! JC Penny’s is somewhat substandard 😉 But still – sometimes you just have to go for it. Really my heart was racing as we were approaching the mall – I was ready to call it good and go back, but I pushed through, went in the main entrance and got to see Macy from a girls point of view – oh it was sooo lovely!!!! I was home and totally relaxed

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

You’re a good role model…I’ll definitely be thinking about it over the next few months…and the maybe…

Anonymous

You can step out on your own.   I did and yes it can be scary but the trick is not to show it.  If you have a supportive friend and/or another fellow cd to go out with, that makes it easier and far less scary.

The other thing, going out en femme is much like riding a bike or driving a car in that you MUST be aware of everything going on around you.  SMILE.

First off, a smile makes you look attractive and it also gives the impression that you are non-threatening which puts people at their ease.

Darcy I am now 65 and have been dressing and going out since age 20. I have only been read twice in all this time that I know of. I have been accepted in restaurants, stores gas bars etc. It gets easier as you get out more. Society is getting more accepting. I have always dressed my age less about 10 years and have dressed to blend in. I use women’s washrooms, change rooms and never had a problem. The only problem i have is with my wife of 34 years who is not accepting or understanding but that is another issue. Get out and have fun.

Dani

Nite out in Portland Friday dinner with my new hair:

View post on imgur.com

and Little Black Dress

View post on imgur.com

Saturday shopping in the mall

View post on imgur.com

Saturday night out on the town to a comedy club

View post on imgur.com

Not very good pics but I sure did feel it.

With my new necklace

View post on imgur.com

I suck at selfies and not sure about age appropriateness, but I love them

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Damn girl! How did I miss this post earlier? You gotta ping me when you post things like this! Beautiful, girl! and so proud of you.. Way braver than I’ve ever been. Keep it up!

Anonymous

<span style=”font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 115%;”>About two weeks ago i was chatting to one of my sisters as you do, after a while of chatting she said to me about going to a gig then she asked to if i wanted to go as she had a spare ticket and stay in a hotel for the night. which wasnt in my home town. So i cleared it with my parther if she ok for me to go. So i said to my sister yes i will come. I fort to myself this would be a great idea to go out fully dressed, so i asked both of my sisters what you think of me going out fully dressed up as a female they both said go for it and dont worry what anyone thinks.( Only if my parther new what i was planning ), fort ok now i was wondering what to wear i didnt what a top and skirt i for a dress would look much nicer. so i asked my sister are still buying me that dress you i might like even those its one she brought for herself so now we have matching dress. so its a nice blue velvet dress, now needed some new shoes to go with it so my mum brought me some nice heels . So I now have my outfit for the night. On the night time to get ready, We all got ready together, so as I got ready wearing my dress, tights, and heels, etc. still hadn’t decided if I was going to go through with it, Time had passed just about ready just waiting for my make up to be done with the help of my sister. Was still undecided, by the time my sisters were ready and done my make up there was no turning back already to go, so off we went still feel nervous about it. We left the hotel and went off to the restaurant that was book didn’t know about it until the morning. After a while I felt good about it all sitting in restaurant then off to the gig. The most part I loved was using the ladies toilets for the night. When the gig finished we went on else where that’s when some drunks said some thing so it knocked me back but until then I loved the night very much but hopefully will do it again but think need to change somethings in the way I look and act more feminine and not hide my face as much lol and someone call me lady which was nice and my sister called me by my feminine name all night. So you have to belive in yourself and find the will power within and you will get there and you will learn from it very time and make it better with your head held high. For those who thinking about don’t think just do it you will better for doing so. Take care and good luck.</span>

<span lang=”EN” style=”font-size: 11.0pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: ‘Calibri’,’sans-serif’; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-fareast; mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-ansi-language: EN; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>
      </span>

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?