• This topic has 48 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Molly.
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Trisha Lilly Hibbert
      Baroness
      Registered On: December 8, 2020
      Topics: 23
      Replies: 438

Hi gals, I’m a cook. Now here a subject I can get behind. I love a full English, soft poached eggs, rare bacon from a sizzling frying pan, nice old English sausages, cooked in tinned tomatoes with onions and peppers, bit a of chilly, salt and pepper in there too. All that on lovely Morrisons bread. Abit of black pudding too if I can get my hands on it.

Love Trish

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Camryn Occasionnel
      Duchess
      Registered On: December 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 428

Okay, so I scoured the replies so far and I see no mention of grits and eggs. A Deep South favorite and one of mine as well. I’ve always enjoyed eggs over light mixed in with the grits and butter, stirred into a yellowish-orange gruel which I’m sure would disgust most ladies here, even the Southern ones. Finish that off with a café au lait and that should hold me ‘til lunch, 3 hours away!

And then there’s grits and grillades, which is said to have originated in New Orleans. Never appealed to me at. all. I’ve lived here all my life and have never met anyone who just loved grits and grillades. Must be the breakfast for the Uptown Girls. I grew up in the poor section of town.

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Paula F
        Duchess
        Registered On: August 7, 2019
        Topics: 12
        Replies: 897

Which grits are you troublin’ yo’sef  ’bout  dahlin?

The kind tha Yankees want to try only one of to see if they like ’em?

Or “Girls Raised In The South” kind”?

PaulaF

2 users thanked author for this post.
          Camryn Occasionnel
          Duchess
          Registered On: December 10, 2018
          Topics: 0
          Replies: 428

That’s the ones: the Quaker 5-minute grits (not hominy). Exactly the kind in that old joke that ends “The Senator from Wisconsin will have one grit”.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Margeaux R
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 28

I love breakfast, it’s honestly my favorite meal. Most days I’ll have cereal like “Honey Bunches of Oats”. Other times, I love having whole wheat toast, or a whole wheat English Muffin with strawberry jam. I also really love oatmeal, pancakes, and waffles. I love breakfast so much tbh, it always brings me such joy.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      ChloeC
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 266

Before this Covid thing hit, several of us couples would go out to this sort of dive restaurant once a weekday morning and I’d order fried eggs  with French toast and a side of bacon, with OJ (I mentioned elsewhere I don’t care for coffee).  I was in heaven.  For some time,  other than that day I would just eat a simple breakfast, juice, bagel, my pills, but lately I’ve gone to fiber cereal. Ah, the thrill of getting on in years.  But, it’s working just like it’s suppose to, so I’m happy, and I still indulge in French toast or pancakes occasionally (with maple syrup, butter, ahhhh). I do like hard boiled eggs as a midmorning or afternoon bite.

Olivia Livin
      Lady
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 43
      Replies: 1562

Love me some brekky. Bacon and eggs, hash browns, and warm rolls, my fave eggs are poached or…..soft boiled with finger toast!, if I’m extra ambitious. All of this is for weekends only anymore for health reasons. During the week its just healthy cereal, I used to pass on weekday breakfasts altogether but need food to go with the meds.

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2687

Hi Sam,

You can poach your eggs in the microwave.  Use your microwave safe bowl and add water.  Heat the water and break your eggs into the Hot water.  Cover the bowl and microwave.  The time depends on the water volume, how firm you like your poached eggs and the number of eggs.   The microwave power makes a difference too in the cooking time.  Enjoy!

I like an omelet or scrambled eggs.

Alice

PY Marshall
      Duchess
      Registered On: July 21, 2018
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 321

My wife is currently on toast ,lumpy peanut butter and banana! everyday with black coffee ,no sugar. I, on the other hand have a much more dignified and flexible palate. Monday was porridge ,milk and apricot jam. today , French toast and tomorrow is, potted haugh day. Pyxx.

Molly
        Duchess
        Registered On: October 22, 2018
        Topics: 2
        Replies: 279

Py;

I gotta say, I mentally tripped over the statement ‘My wife is currently on toast..’ a few times before I was able to put it together.   It made me laugh, and for that: Thank-you 🙂

-Molly

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Anonymous
        Registered On:
        Topics: 58
        Replies: 1716

Py

potted Haugh day ???

3 users thanked author for this post.
          PY Marshall
          Duchess
          Registered On: July 21, 2018
          Replies: 321

Hi Grace .   Potted hough is shin of beef cooked for hours and hours. If you google it , you will see pictures of the finished product. It’s lovely on it’s own, on toast ,crackers, sandwiches, i like mine toasted under the grill ! hot and yummy. It’s also nice with a flavoured rice or chips. Supermarkets and butchers have it up beside us .It is equally at home in a mixed salad. Everyone has their own recipe, so tastes will vary .If you add it to the shopping list ,let me know what you think. Py xx.

Heather Jameson
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 1, 2019
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 464

Oh yes breakfast, I’m a born chirper so brekky bring it on. Sausage and eggs with fry up as mom called it. Last nights left over mashies and veg thrown into a hot cast iron pan with the oil just bubbling, flip around a couple of times to get the outside nice and crispy with a big mug of nice hot strong tea, bloody lovely. Hear that lasses the geordie’s cummin oot in us. Off doon the pitch with the lads for a good football match ( real football, the round one you kick with your feet a lot) then off to the pub for a couple of pints. Life just’t doesn’t get any better.

Nicola De Auvergne
        Lady
        Registered On: November 29, 2020
        Replies: 22

Me thinks the pastiche……

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1823

Hi, Sammy

Yes, I’m very much a breakfast girl, starting with a large cup of coffee, straight. But eggs and toast are menu items only on Saturday, and Sunday is Pancake Day – a family tradition going back at least 30 years. Weekdays, it’s a large (2 servings) bowl of cereal, with an extra cup of coffee, and sometimes and Eggo when I prepare my wife’s breakfast. Not a huge meal, but I enjoy a snack or two as I go through my day.

Bettylou

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: October 23, 2017
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 419

Hi Sammy………….Breakfast…..yes………..I like my eggs  scrambled………like my mind………. in a very thick pink fog……….with corned beef hash , buttered toast and coffee with cream.  When I want to be a good girl…………it’s oatmeal, berries, banana slices…….with toast and coffee………………Several months ago I had breakfast while en femme.   Felt great!!!    Had to share with Delaware…………..she was looking up my short skirt , and could not resist her smile and blue eyes……………..karley

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 34
      Replies: 831

Forgot one I tried a while ago and liked.  Home fries stir fried with cheese and hot sauce and topped with two eggs over easy.

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 34
      Replies: 831

I have two favorites.  I take a bagel,slice it in half and the cut a hole in the center.  I put that in a greased fry pan,crack an egg in the center,and break it up with a fork.  Cook it on one side then flip it over and sprinkle grated cheese on top. While the cheese is melting I toast the other half and the center piece and spread whipped cream cheese with chives on those.

My other is a 2 egg omelet with cheese and a variety of other things.

Krista
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 24, 2017
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 403

Hi Samantha, Yes I absolutely adore breakfast.  Even though I’m retired, I usually get out of bed before 7 a.m.  But I’m on an intermittent fasting lifestyle plan (to keep my girlish figure) so I don’t eat breakfast until 11 a.m.  And I so enjoy it.  Zero fat Greek yogurt with grapes, pineapple, and pomegranate thrown in for good measure.  Plus natural grains toast (no butter) with natural peanut butter (no additives just peanuts) and a sliced banana on top.  And sometimes a hard boiled egg. Oh and of coarse a large cup of tea, usually chai spice.  Well now I’m getting hungry and it is only 9:25 a.m.  I better go for a long walk to divert my thoughts away from food.   Stay healthy, Hugs, Krista.

Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 42
      Replies: 976

…….. lol, but…

Sammy you know you can make poached eggs without a “poacher”.  😅

I’m hungry now.

Stevie65
      Lady
      Registered On: September 6, 2019
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 175

we have chickens ya all 15 of them even in dead cold winter we are getting average 10 eggs a day…. love eggs any way cooked!!!

Stevie

Cindy Lou
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 18, 2020
      Replies: 431

You’ve got me looking forward to Saturday Samantha. I don’t have much of an appetite early in the day, but I love having a big breakfast style meal early in the afternoon on weekends. Three eggs sunny side with olive oil & seasoning, Italian sausage or bacon, and pan fried potatoes. When we eat this we don’t need very much for supper that night, really keeps you satisfied and energized all day.

patty williams
      Lady
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 68
      Replies: 1259

Hi Sammy ,

I do love a big breakfast but usually on an average work day I  was  cereal or poptarts person.

As of late I have been skipping breakfast so CE I am on a diet and just having milk or decaf coffee.

It seems I f I don’t eat I am ok but once I start eating I’m a Pig.lol

Hugs Patty

Amanda Burton
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 1089

Definitely, eggs fried on toast, pepper coating and brown sauce , otherwise just Cheese on  toast with Worcester sauce. Weekends the full Monty English breakfast.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 132
      Replies: 1622

During the week I love my gruel. That is  to say  Scottish Jumbo rolled oats, microwaved, served with a good sprinkling of salt, laced with blueberries  and cream.  ( My wife’s Dad used to put it onto a tray, and when cold cut it up into slabs and keep it in the kitchen drawer. There’s naithing queerer nor  fowk.)

On Saturdays its the Full English – Bacon, sausages, black pudding, eggs, mushrooms, beans, hash browns, toast and Yorkshire tea. More brunch than brekky (after my Countryfile walk with 2poos.)

On Sunday – a brace of poached eggs on toast (homemade bread of course).  I have a poacher like a little pan filled with water and 4 cups to hold the eggs. Steamed for exactly 6 minutes. Perfectly soft.

Unusual breakfasts? The occasional  Chicken vindaloo, or  last night’s chilli or ragout or stew, or yesterdays  chip shop chips reheated – yummy.

Once had fried mackerel and raspberries at 03:00 a.m, after a skin-full, in the garden of the Burnmoor Inn after the landlady’s son’s got in after a fishing trip.  Oh! I forgot the marmite pickled onions, jam and baked beans in an eating contest at 02:30 a.m. (you guessed it – after a skin-full.) But that was long before I discovered I am a lady.

peckish, Steph  🥓🥚🍞🍟

Cindy Lou
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: November 18, 2020
        Replies: 431

You brought back a special memory for me Stephanie, thank you. In my early 20s while in northern Spain I was woken up and told that we were all going to the local fiesta, it was about 9am and I was hung over after partying until about 4:30 am and not getting home till past 5. Head still pounding, off we went to the morning party. In a park at the center of it all food was being served, the air was thick with the smell of fish, “Let’s go eat” I was told, “Are you kidding me, we’re going to eat fish at 10am?”. It was some kind of tradition so we proceeded to eat sardines which had been cooked to perfection on charcoal BBQs and served up on large slices of crusty bread which absorbed the oil and pieces of sardine skin, there were no plates the bread played that roll ;). Nothing else was served except for barrels of white wine to wash all the deliciousness down, and as a nice side effect it stopped my head from pounding. It was one of the best meals of my life, and to top it off was perhaps the most memorable element of the whole experience. After eating a sardine feast with no utensils you can imaging the state of your hands, so as I searched for somewhere to wash them, my friend Raquel told me “No no, there’s no water you wash your hands with the wine” ??? Ok then I turned the spigot of the barrel and washed my hands with the flowing white wine, it was awesome! That was 35 years ago and I can’t remember a single thing I did the rest of that day, but that meal I can recall like it happened yesterday.

Anonymous
        Registered On:

Steph….I was really enjoying that….then I hit the ” wall”…. mackerel and raspberries 😱😱😱

stephanie plumb
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: November 17, 2018
          Topics: 132
          Replies: 1622

There was three of us camping in the pub garden, and the Landlady had taken all our money over the bar, so free grub was much appreciated. Raspberries picked from the garden, pan-fried mackerel so fresh it was almost still alive, washed down with … I don’t remember which beer… what’s not to like?

She had a pet goat – name escapes me now, it was nigh on fifty years ago.   She came home one day from a shopping trip to Egremont. “Where’s the goat?” she asked her hubby, who was looking sheepish.

“In the freezer.”

(I could tell you some stories about Josie – she called me Curly – she was infamous all over the North of England.  She lies now in an unmarked grave in Gosforth Churchyard. Nobody now remembers where.)  Damn it.. welling up again…

Stephanie Roberts
      Princess
      Registered On: May 20, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 461

mmm…… bacon…… 🥓

Seren
      Baroness
      Registered On: March 2, 2020
      Topics: 38
      Replies: 470

YES !!
      I love breakfast! Day to day we alternate scrambled eggs on toast with some fruit, and a smoothie. Occasionally a pastry, sometimes the eggs on a croissant. For special occasions scrambled eggs smoked salmon and croissants. Plus coffee obvs… just in my second cup, fresh ground Mexican bio pour over.

Love and pastries

xx Seren xx

Anonymous
      Registered On:

Hi Sammy

🎶🎶how do you like, your eggs in the morning??🎶🎶

…love scrambled on toast with worcestershire sauce or cayenne pepper…..plus crispy bacon….mmm

and coffee of course!!!

is there a better smell in the morning than sizzling bacon????

hungrily, grace x

Stephanie Roberts
      Princess
      Registered On: May 20, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 461

A bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee for me. I do like the sound of eggs though… mmm….

Love, Stephanie 💖

Genevïéve
      Lady
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 801

I’m not much of a breakfast eater… however occassionally I’ll cook a big Sunday breakfast… Eggs, Bacon, Sausages, Fried Tomatoes, Toast… Yum!!!

Gen… ❤

Marti
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 5, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 118

mmmh,

– poached egg, on smoked salmon, on buttered toast. Yummy

Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 564

Breakfast? Hmmm… my breakfast in France was the three C’s… Coffee, Cognac and Cigarettes! The breakfast of champions!

Otherwise, No

xx Polly

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account