Viewing 30 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I always knew it, I’ve felt it to my very core almost every day of my life, and now science has actually proven it, we were all born with a female brain. I was listening to the voice training video by Kathe Perez this week and she mentions in her discussion of MTF crossdressers how hormonal changes while we were still in the womb caused our brains to be switched to female but the genitalia remained male. I have a lot of time at my workplace to look up info online, so I’ve been spending a lot of that time looking up information on this and have found numerous sites describing the same thing. They’ve done MRI brain scans of transgendered people and found that their brains more resemble that of a cisgendered woman than a male. So what we’ve always felt was not just a feeling but actually who and what we are, transgendered women. We are, literally, wired that way!! Enjoy your feminine life girls, it was just meant to be that way from the start. 🙂

Hi Lauren since a small child had to be the babysitter for my younger sister and play girly things with her mom kind of knew and help keep it from dad and brother so yes i know I was born wrong body hugs from this girl to you..

Stephanie Bass

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Known I was different since I ventured into the women’s dressing room when I was 4.

Janine
        Lady

Hi Emily. I don’t think that your different, I think that your gorgeous. You are one of the most feminine looking girls that I’ve seen in CDH .It’s apparent  that you take great  pride  in the way  that you look .Stay beautiful

.Janine

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

It’s clear to me, on many levels, that we were born to be who we are and who we are is not defective. One need go no further than to observe how so many of us try to deny it, suppress it, or feel we can overcome it. Very few succeed, no matter how motivated and hard they try. The best most can do is suppress and hide. If it were a choice, I think a great many, if not most, would have chosen to deny the truth, because it has caused intense grief and disruption of relationships for many of us that would not have been our chosen paths if such were alterable.

It irks me to hear people insist it is a choice, and if I make the “wrong” choice I will do worse than get coal in my stocking. I’ll be forever shunned and ridiculed. If a choice, I would have chosen an easier life rather than lose those I love because they believe I can change but simply won’t. The same could be said of other marginalized groups, such as those who are gay.

We don’t ridicule or demand change, but instead accomodate without derision those who have dementia or other conditions we know they cannot overcome, which make it difficult for them to integrate or socialize with many. Why we treat those born with propensities to express gender behaviors many deem abnormal as anomalies requiring correction or change, in this enlightened age, is beyond me. Such traits are who we were created to be and have many advantages not appreciated by those unable to experience and enjoy them.

Were it not for negative stigmas I suspect a large percentage of the population would WANT to enjoy the ability to experience different gender identities and expressions which come naturally to many of us. I believe this is in fact occurring among today’s youth, who feel less inhibited and want to experience more than most of us dared do at that age or would venture to do even later in life. This greater freedom of choice and ability to find acceptance for who we are and how we are inclined to express ourselves will undoubtedly reshape the future.

I think most of us are ahead of our time, but the times they are a’changing. Barriers to being female started breaking down during the suffrage movement a century ago. Color barriers began to break down with the Civil Rights movement in the 60s. The gay pride movement followed. The days for transgender people to find acceptance are upon us. All of these groups continue to fight discriminatory attitudes, and will no doubt continue to do so. I don’t ever expect to see universal acceptance, but the tide continues to turn for all.

Susan Zed
      Lady

I was going to vote no as I didnt start dressing properly until I was 9 or 10 but voted yes as I found a bag of my Mum’s knickers when I was 5 and tried some on and loved how they felt and wanted to keep them on as it made me fell “right”. I dont think I have ever felt what a “full male” feels, as I have always tended towards the more emotional, empathetic and caring side of human nature and if that isn’t too much of a stereotype its what I associate more with the female part of our natures. When I dress its not only about excitement but a deeper sense of who I am really. I feel that I am actually more who I am in my core than the male persona I have had to be in my life.

Susan

I believe there are those people who are wired towards the opposite sex from the body they were born in. Thankfully they have come a long way with sex reassignment for those who can’t cope with life in the body they were given.

I don’t feel this is the case for many of us here who are happy just being crossdressers. I often find it confusing when I read posts here form those who talk about their transitioning, or living full time as a woman.  Would their stories not be better suited for “Transgender Heaven”?

Please don’t take what I’m saying the wrong way. I’m just throwing it out there for discussion. I have no problem with transexuals being here on “Crossdresser Heaven” the name implying we are crossdressers. In my mind that means we are men who like wearing women’s clothes. If you consider yourself female and dress full time then are you no longer a crossdresser?

I find it only fare to share where I come from. I’ve lived my entire life in the male role I was intended to live and I’ve been happy with that, but also from early childhood I’ve had desires to be like one of the girls. I wanted to wear pretty dresses, hang out with the girls and have the same fun and get the same attention I saw them get.

So was I wired wrong? I don’t believe so. For me I believe it was influenced by my mother who really wanted me to be born a girl. She may even have treated me and dressed me as a baby girl when I was very young but I have no memories of that. As I got a little older I do have memories of her always telling me I should have been her little girl. The problem was four years after I was born she had that little girl she so badly wanted. My memories from way back then are of feeling like an outcast and I developed a strong jealousy of my little sister.  I had no idea there were differences between those of us they called boys and those of us they called girls. All I knew was if you were allowed to let your hair grow long and you were dressed in pretty dresses you were called a girl and you were treated very differently than I was and you got so much more love and attention.

I don’t think I was wired from conception to be female. My interests in wanting to be one of the girls was developed in me by the way I was treated as a developing child. There is a book called “The Wounded Child” I thought it was wonderful reading and I very much related to it.

So, jumping forward, I grew up living the male lifestyle expected of me, but I’ve never gotten over my desires of wanting to look like, dress like, and be treated like one of the girls. What my physical sex is has no bearing on what is going on in my head.

I have secretly lived my life as a crossdresser always trying to scratch that nerve {wound} in me that can’t get over wanting to be one of the girls.

Sorry for being so long winded

Lacy

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lacy Satin.
        Anonymous

Hi Lacy,

I for one don’t think you’ve been long winded. Some things worth saying can’t be said in a few short words.

I’m sure there are lots here just like me and you, no matter where they are on the spectrum, just trying to make sense of it all. In my case, I’m not sure I ever will, but there’s no harm trying, lol.

Marti xx

Barb Wire
        Lady

Yes, well said, Lacy!

But I wonder if Transgender Heaven would welcome one who feels female in their heart and mind, but without surgical change? I think I’ll ask them!

What a way to start my day!

Barb (in search of 1st morning coffee) 🙂

It would be interesting to find out. Let me know what they think.

Thanks Lacy, I can relate to much of what you posted, only my sister is 5 years younger than I. I remember playing with dolls and girly things when I was very young, even before my sister came along. Growing up I remember relating better with my girl cousins. I just relate better to females than males. I mostly feel like an outcast when hanging out with males.

Alana

Barb Wire
      Lady

Fascinating!

Right you are, Emily! How else can one explain the inescapable desire of a 4 year old to hide and feel safe in their mother’s closet among all those wonderful feminine things?

Nature triumphs nurture!

Thanks, Lauren!

Barb 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.
      • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire. Reason: Credit where credit is due!
      Anonymous

I believe that many of these discussions start from a false premise. That it is either or, Male or Female.

We are each a blend of male and female traits or characteristics. My morning Smoothie changes color according to the type and amount of fruit I include. We all behave differently depending on the number and amount of the traits we each possess.

After all Genesis tells us that God created us male AND female, not male OR female.

Hugs, Jillian

Good morning ladies, I have received several requests for links to some of the info I have found on this topic and there is more than this available if you dig a bit on google. It is my belief now that the line between being simply a crossdresser and being transgendered is very thin and very frail. Yes, we were all born male but I don’t believe we made a choice to start crossdressing, the desire came as natural as having blue or brown eyes and was with us from the start. One of the questions asked when looking up transitioning is this: If you could push a button that would instantly change you into a beautiful woman, would you push it? I know I would.

Anyway girls, here are some links for you to check out:
      https://globalnews.ca/news/4223342/transgender-brain-scan-research/
      https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm
      https://health.clevelandclinic.org/research-on-the-transgender-brain-what-you-should-know/
      https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

Sylvia
        Lady

Dear Lauren ,

First of all , thank You for this wonderful post
        and thanks for all the Girls reactions here.

For me Crossdressing wasn’t a choice ,
        I have been crossdressing since I was a child.

About the question
        “If you could push a button that would instantly change you into a beautiful woman,
        would you push it”.
        Yes , absolutely , 100% !

Love Sylvia

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Yes we were born the way we are, whatever that may be. The science is not new but is it really proven as I am sure we can find a scientific study that contradicts. What you could have is a brain that has areas that develop differently thus causing stronger feminine traits. Ally this with differing hormone levels a person could then have strong feminine features and similar emotions. That person can live quite happily within the sex they were born with. 

However it is clear that there are those who feel they are definitely in the wrong body and will have surgery to be the person they want to be but does that prove they have a female brain?

I have mulled over this for many years and I will never deny the Sex I was born with, that is what nature dealt me and you can change a lot but not the chromosomes, well not yet anyway. However I have many female traits that were evident from a very young age. It wasn’t just the desire to dress female but having a  female empathy and feminine traits. I have also filled in those tests that also show a more feminine side. Society didn’t allow me to express myself at a young age so it remained in the background until about thirty years ago when I crossdressed more. Now I am full time, living and working. I haven’t had hormones or surgery so am I a crossdresser or transgendered.

I am certainly happier living the way I do and, I would have done so much earlier in life had things been different. I have never had to show scientific evidence to anyone or give any other reason other than this is how I want to be. That’s good enough for those that knew the male image. To anyone else, what you see is what you get and it seems that they see a female image, no questions asked.

I was Male in appearance with female emotions and traits with a subdued female features. I now see me as female in appearance, emotions and traits with subdued masculine features. 

I was born to be this way…

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Very interesting Lauren. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

I have known I was different since I was very young and found my mom’s things. It has always felt natural, calming, and very sexy. Wired wrong? No, probably not, but definitely have strong feminine feelings and characteristics, especially as I age. I have given up on why and now just focus on when and how!

Haley

Siobhan
      Lady

Although more research needs to be done, there is also evidence to suggest that the variance is down to genetics:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/02/200205084203.htm
      https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-53500-y

Barb Wire
        Lady

Interesting!

I got through the article. Three times, in fact. I now have a new appreciation for “receptors”.

So, if at birth as a biological male I didn’t get that estrogen “sprinkling”, then my brain may become female? Yes, that’s very counter intuitive!

What a weird and wonderful world we live in!

Barb 🙂

Anonymous
      Lady

Makes sense.

I’ve always felt both feminine and masculine since my very first memories and as I got older the feminine side grew stronger. At puberty I just knew that I was bisexual.

Anonymous

Maybe Im going to upset things a little, maybe not. No I never realised my female side til I was about 50, but looking back I know she was always there BUT I have a thing called Bordrline Personality “disorder”. Hate the last word. In other words as a result of childhood trauma who I was became those that I was, not singular. They say this can only occur upto the age of 6 years old. Either way, to simplify what it is. Imagine life is sheer torment in the worst form possible and life becomes a survival issue, well its like forming imaginary friends but in a more extreme manor! Thats a simplification. Now it gets a bit complex and I ve being trying to figure it out the last few years. I didn t think I knew of her presence, or maybe I did, as I raged against everyone and anything, the only thing safe in my life was the wilderness, my sanctuary, everything else was totally unstable and very close to the edge, as in that of the cliff. I can only remember trying womens stuff a handful of times during my growing years and it was all over in a flash, like it was a challenge to the rules of normality, I don t know. Its no suprise she exists as I didn t trust a man on this planet, ever!! but looking back I kind of think she was responsable for carrying me through the warzone that was my life. But heres something new for me to think about. Did those others responsable recognise something different? For sure my “father” ( use the term loosely)put me through so many psychotic tests to produce the hard man that he wasn t himself, but before you say there ya go then I have to say he did similar to my older sister. So hope this hasn t dragged anyone down but its a thing I ve been studying since I met Ashleigh…

Sabrina
      Lady

I didn’t feel feminine growing up. This was something I realized over time. I was never the most masculine or athletic person growing up, but never thought I was more feminine than anyone else. This was something I came to realize over time. This does not mean I feel I should have been a woman, but that I do enjoy cross dressing and like more feminine clothing (by societal norms).

If I wanted to wanted to go back through history, Men worn pants, kilts, caftans, tights, pants. So why should I feel that I can’t dress in 12th century, 13th century, 18th century or 20th century.

We are all individuals, and if history was any indicator, we can dress mild to wild per today’s norms.

Anonymous

Let me preface my response by stating, “I’m no expert.” Although experts often have differing opinions. Here’s my opinion.

Human nature, as a collective, decides what is right and wrong. And different societies have different norms. When two societies merge, clashes occur. Each adopts some of the other’s norms, or the stronger society forces it’s on the weaker. And the norms evolve, change, and change back, with time, as even more societies are assimilated.

Human nature, on the individual level, develops as a combination of forces, internal and external, nature and nurture. No two individual’s mix of the two are the same. The collective “Right” can be contrary to one’s position and the individual is forced to hide or try to change the collective norm.

In my case, my own perception of myself has changed over time. Shame no longer exists for the way I feel. Even the concept of “feeling” is impossible to explain.

It’s all very complex. Maybe in the future, it will be worked out, mathematically, chemically, biologically, etc. Maybe we’ll all become one androgynous race, or maybe we’ll be assigned a place on a spectrum by a number between one and one-hundred, or one and one-million.

In the mean time, I just enjoy life, enjoy crossdressing, enjoy femininity, enjoy masculinity (maybe just not as much, tee hee).

Thoughts?

Much love,
      Raquel

I was a “DES baby”, born in 1947. My mother had 2 spontaneous abortions’ before conceiving me. She took DES treatments to help support the pregnancy. DES is a synthetic female hormone, which was removed from the market after having been shown to cause birth defects in female children and also in males. I had a cancerous testicle removed at age 1 1/2, which leads me to believe the added estrogen from DES bathed my developing brain at the time that my gender centric brain regions, which were supposed to arrange my DNA assigned genitals, caused the tumor and I also believe that the region of my brain that affects gender expression was altered leaving me subject a strong desire to cross-dress in order to satisfy my need to express my feminine feelings. I consider myself lucky in that female DES children are subject, in later years, to cancers of the sexual organs. I feel like I am cross-gendered which explains my need to express myself as a female, at times. I do no regret having my lived my life as a male. However, as rewarding and satisfying my journey as a man has been (husband, father, grandfather, Veteran, and police officer), I sometimes regret not having the opportunity grow up as a young woman and live the life woman are rewarded with. It adds new meaning to the term “the accident of birth”.

Hugs to all, Kathy

Trish White
      Baroness

When I was as young as I can remember I found a pair of satin shorts and I can remember just holding them and feeling them with my fingers. It was exciting but of course, being that young, I had no idea of why I was so attracted to them. Later on I would put on my Mom’s nylons or lipstick and shoes  when I was 5 or 6. Still at that age I still didn’t clue into thinking I might be different. Eventually in junior high I would steal skirts and panties from my friends sisters. At that point I realized I had a feminine side that needed to be satisfied and by high school I was buying womens lingerie and clothes and dressing up when ever I had the chance. So I guess, long story short, I absolutely knew I had a feminine side and enjoyed the times I was able to dress very much. I’m now 71 and still enjoy dressing as a girl every chance I get. Would I change any of this…..absolutely note. I hope in the near future us cross dressers will have the same acceptance as T girls, gays, lesbians etc. We can only hope.

Stay safe girls,

Trish

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

I liked how it was explained to me by our therapist.

Imagine you are playing a video game and making a character. At the end of character creation you are given 3 sliders to finish off the character before you enter the game. Each goes from 1 to 10 regardless of the sex you chose for the character. There is also the ability to to grey out the first 2 bars if you want to skip them, but only at character creation.

The first is Sexuality. 1 is 100% Heterosexual without out ever a stray homosexual thought or random fantasy. 10 would be 100% Homosexual without ever having a stray heterosexual thought. Most people are going to fall in between there somewhere, and wherever you do it’s okay.

Next is Gender. 1 is 100% traditional Male. 10 is 100% traditional Female. There are plenty of numbers in between.

Once those first two bars are finished they are locked in for the most part, the 3rd bar we have more freedom and can adjust in game.

The final slider is Gender Expression. 1 is 100% traditional male expression. 10 is 100% traditional female expression. However there are again many numbers in between.

The closer you can get the 2nd and 3rd bar to match up numerically the more comfortable your character will be in game, however it’s not requirement and sliding the 3rd bar around in game to suit in game interactions and situations is allowed, but it will be more draining on your energy. Like if you fall at a 7 or 8 on the Gender slider, but keep running into interactions that require a 1 or a 2 in Gender Expression slider, it is going to be emotionally and even physically draining on you, especially long term.

Not sure if I explained that well enough, but the way they explained it to me made a lot of sense, at least in my brain meats.

Katey Doe
      Lady

Thank you for that information I was always wondering if I was born this way or just evolved into Katey. Thank you again

Anonymous

Ever since the first time I tried on my moms lingerie I have loved being a girl. I felt so at home in her stockings and garter belt and bra. It just felt so right.

Anonymous

I’m in the small minority where “nurture” rather than “nature” was the driving force, though I guess the destination is what counts in the end and not the starting point.

Kimmie
        Lady

I do not think there is a one size fits all answer to this question. The human mind is an incredibly complex organ with so many different social, chemical, emotional, physical, and genetic influences impacting it at different times of life when a person is better of lesser equipped to handle the influences. What feels right for one may or may not feel right for another and I do not feel it is constructive to try to persuade anyone that one answer is “the right answer.” Whatever is “the right answer” for you is wonderful. Live that answer fully and proudly.

My own opinion, for what it is worth, applies not only to the specific topic at hand, but to many or most behavioral characteristics is that there are certain basic genetic tools and abilities with which we are born and our experiences and opportunities shape what we become. As human beings, we may have different degrees of ability to change how we behave. I know I have changed greatly as I have lived, with the help of professionals, other people with whom I’ve had close relationships, and through my own desire to change. One characteristic that I’ve had for almost as long as I’ve lived is the desire to dress in female items of clothing. I have thoughts of from where that derived, but I need to go to a doctor’s appointment so I’ll need to finish this later.

I first met ‘her’ in our dressing mirror at 5 years old, and was instantly smitten.  Over time, I would spend more and more of my alone time letting Paula out to be free.

Fast forward to my late 20’s and an (un)fortunate encounter with a redneck basher.  The ER doc had me get a whole brain MRI before he would release me.  Once the scan was through, the tech asked if I would like a copy.  The scans went home and into a file for a few years.

A few years later, I was taking some night courses and decided to try Anatomy and Physiology.  When we were discussing the brain, the instructor mentioned that the gap between the two hemispheres was much narrower in females than males and gave us the ranges of the gap.

I remembered my old scan films at home and got them out as soon as I could find them, and I found the gap in mine fell within the female ranges.  At the next class, I brought them with me with my name taped over and showed them to the instructor.  He did agree that it looked and measured like a female brain, but with the proviso that not everything always fit to clinical specs.

So, myself, my GP, and my Endo agree, and a scan just before my cancer, show that I am probably gifted with the correct brain to match my desires for my transformation and HRT.  The next few months will be quite a ride for sure, and my HRT begins 30 days from yesterday.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
        Anonymous
        Lady

Good luck Paula with your HRT and please let us know how it goes. You’ve got the brain for it girl!

I will keep everyone posted once I get started.  It is going to go a bit slower than Donna experienced because of my previous cancer.  But it WILL work out.

The security company I work will now have something to consider also.  My supervisor is retiring, and they have offered me his position and I have accepted.  So… two good things coming close on the horizon now.

PaulaF

Sylvia
            Lady

Congratulations Paula !

Great that everything is coming together in a good way

for you. Hope you will stay healthy and become the Woman

you always wanted to be.

Love Sylvia

Sylvia
        Lady

Dear Paula ,

I wish you well with your transformation.
        I hope you will let us know on the Forums ,
        how everything is going in the coming time.

Love Sylvia.

Anonymous

Interesting.  I’ve long wondered why I have the feminine thoughts and feelings that I do.  I’ll have to look into this subject further.  Thanks for sharing, Lauren.

Hi again, my lovely ladies. I’ve been doing some deep mental recollections based on something a GG friend who knows who Lauren is. She had a rather traumatic upbringing and during one of our conversations, asked me if I could dig deep into my memory and recall having any sexually traumatic encounters. I did dig deep and what came to mind fits with the entire theme of our topic. I don’t recall how old I was but have a mental image of standing in front of the full length mirror wearing one of my mother’s bra’s stuffed with socks and having my privates tucked between my legs so they weren’t visible and imagining how I would look as a girl. I recall having so many similar thoughts and desires through the years that I find it amazing that I never transitioned. Given how things are today I am sure I would have long ago if things were different.

Having this conversation with my cis female friend also brought another interesting thing to my mind. As long as I can recall I have always had female friends talk with me about issues they were dealing with, many becoming very close friends while, at the same time, I had few if any close male friends. Some of these girls suspected that I was a crossdresser or gay due to things that happened in school, and I did have several male acquaintances approach me thinking I was gay. So I have always made other women feel comfortable around me and very approachable. So what is it that they sense in me and probably you girls as well?

Sylvia
        Lady

Dear Lauren ,

I think those Girls expierence that you really LISTEN
        to their problems they talk to you about.

You talk with them how another Woman would talk to them.

So they know pretty soon that you behave differently then men do.

I also know this from personal experience.

I always ask my Male and Female collegues how they are doing ,
        how everything at home is , and I try to listen as best as I can when
        they tell me those things.

My male collegues usually don’t ask me these kind of questions very often.

That’s why I love talking to Women so much.
        If you open up to them it is so nice having these conversations with them.
        I can feel inside how my own Feminine side grows stronger every time I have these
        conversations with Women.
        They sense that you really care and this works both ways !

Just my expierence ,

Love Sylvia.

Anonymous

Lauren, I believe your research is correct.  We have a pre disposition to enjoy all things feminine.  I don’t understand why I feel this way except to say I was “wired that way”.  That is why we are so misunderstood.  If you are not “wired” this way you don’t understand.  I did not choose to like dresses, makeup, etc. but I just do!

It feels like I’ve always known. Now I know that there is evidence to prove it’s true it doesn’t really change anything for me, I’m too old for that. All of you younger ones can proceed knowing you have scientific studies to back you up. You go, girls!

Jackie
      Ambassador

Though you have done allot of homework on this subject and most of us would love for it to be true I don’t personally think it’s true, not with the brain anyway. I have said for years that I/we were born this way and that there is some strange phenomime of why do some of us put on a dress while the other boys play football and wrestle? I think it’s in the hormonic area myself that sends the message to the brain. We as males think from the right side of the brain and female on the left or vice versa but I don’t believe we are all born with a female brain. Think about how hard it would be for any male to function properly if you will if he had a total 100% female brain. There wouldn’t just be cross dresser’s and drag queens, in our world there would be more chaos than what there is!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Jackie.

Hi Jackie, that’s fine, nobody is forcing you to believe that info, but all the data I have found is based on medical and scientific research. You are correct that it is hormones sending messages to the brain, that occurred when we were still in the womb and it had a profound effect on an area in our brain that now shows up in MRI scans as appearing the same as that of a female brain. Our actual brains are, as you put it, male or female, but that section I refer to matches the same section in the brain of a cisgendered female. I was feminine from the start, never enjoyed competitive sport or typical masculine activities – my dad loved them and was always trying to make me be more masculine, but it never worked as it only made me resent such activity even more.

Jackie
          Ambassador

Lauren I am not trying to argue your research or suggestion you have shared but you mention your dad being like a manly man attempting to make you play sports etc., in other word trying to make his boy an all american boy like the other boy’s in the hood or and school. If for some reason your studies be correct or the PHD’s be correct then what or should I say how did it come about for your father to be masculine and want his boy to be the same way? My dad  (even though I never knew him per say) was macho, manly, a boxer, a fighter and later ran ranches. I am positive he wished for his only boy to be the same. Unfortunately for him it didn’t go that way. In other words he was flooded with testosterone. At what point would his abundance of testosterone send a message to his brain to put on a dress and become a full pledged cross dresser or like myself a drag queen plus cross dresser? My mother was also tough as well, she raised 6 of us on a bartender wage, five girls and myself. At what time did her estrogen levels change her brain activity to basically wear the pants in the family? Am I overthinking this or am I trying to start a warfare in beliefs and members of CDH? No I am not. In all actuality I don’t even think we are suppose to be discussing this. Have you heard of neurotransmitters? They are the carriers of our entire message center if you will. They carry signals throughout our brains. They include emotions, feelings, mood and 50+ other functions. Wow getting heavy huh. I’ll stop here. My point is to perhaps do some more in depth research on this subject. I did notice that you have several people who agree with this theory and maybe if you share some inks that conclude this to be true then I will possibly go with it. Hell not one of us here don’t wish it to be true! I really do wish it were true that my brain at birth told me to be the person I am, it would’ve been easier to explain to my mother!

Jasmine
      Lady

I knew very early on that I was different because some of my earliest memories I can remember looking at my mother’s undergarments and thinking I want to wear those and I want be a girl and I also remember one time when I was about 10 or 12 my mother took me out for my birthday and she asked me what I wanted for my birthday and as I looked around I noticed a bracelet making kit that also had beads and things like that to be able to put into a girl’s hair and I was like I want that but even before that when I was younger I remember having my mother put her makeup on me because I wanted to see how pretty I could look and when I saw the reflection I was in love then came the realization later on that I was also bisexual but that’s a story for another time😘

What a lively discussion! It appears that science is finding genetic and hormonal differences during pregnancy can indeed predispose some of us to lean in a direction opposite our assigned sex. This does not mean there is not a role for nurture effects. I was heartened to learn that many of us had cross dressing experiences very early in life just as I  did. A few replies mentioned environmental factors. In my case, I  experienced a number of environmental influences. I came from a family of 6 boys and 5 girls. I was a skinny, book reading, intellectual kid. My father disdained me in favor of my younger, more muscular brothers. I would not be able to work the farm when he got old.  Of course, that is now moot considering the advancements in farm machinery. He also favored the girls by allowing them 5 strikes in baseball and they didn’t have any farm chores. Looking back, I don’t feel these environmental influences were significant. But who knows? And I  think it was sweet of him to let the girls have 2 extra strikes.

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

Very true. Also true in nature and other species. Some great documentaries, probably available on Netflix,  on such topics include “Gender Revolution” narrated by Katie Kourec and Morgan Freeman’s “Through the Wormhole” series with topics like “Are there more than Two Sexes?” This process was ably described in the interview of Bruce Jenner when he became she. In nature it is sometimes necessary for a male to become female. Trees can self-pollenate, taking on both roles. What some think abnormal is all around us. “Abnormal” is a man-made, subjective, concept with hardly any benefit I can find. No one is unique, so I guess we are all “abnormal”, although I prefer the synonym “eccentric”. No need for negative connotations or assumptions to cause ourselves or others to be blinded to truth. As Proverbs tells us, “There is nothing new under the sun.” “We are fearfully and wonderfully made.”

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?