Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

How often does it happen? You go to the trouble of getting your outfit together down to the last detail. Even the nylons you chose to wear for the evening you took the time to make sure they match. Then comes the time to walk out that door into the night. When suddenly you look down and you notice you’ve got a run in your nylons! When did this happen? I just put them on for the first time tonight. Those are some of the first thoughts.

How do you react? What are your thoughts. Years ago, I used to think like a girl that this just ruined the whole outfit. These days however my thoughts are rather, “ if, you’re going to be a girl, then it’s just part of the territory so deal with it.” The years have taught me to buy two pairs of nylons just in case. Getting all dolled up is rather magical. We must remember there are a lot of other things that come with the territory.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You may think it part of the territory but if it does happen the first thing women do is to source an other pair pronto. It is amazing how many women carry a spare pair and usually it is in the clutch bag. These may look feminine and petite but these things are like a tardis inside. It is amazing what they carry. I don’t feel correctly presented unless I have enough in my handbag to clear up after Armageddon….

That makes me think of the first time I dressed and went out. What do I put in my purse?

I put some tissue in, lip stick, pocket mirror and my wallet. This in no way filled my purse as I know other girls have them filled.  I never thought of bringing an extra pair of nylons.

Anonymous

Love the TARDIS reference!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

My father gave my sisters a piece of lead for the bottom of the bag for protection from unwanted advances! Imagine the power of a swing and being ‘Hand bagged’. Tights are also taken if bare legged if it gets a bit chilly late in the evening while walking home.

Other items, apart from the obvious make up, money/cards, keys, are Roll up flats to wear after a night out dancing in heels, spare panties, tights, rape alarms, tit tape, prophylactics ( You never know) are just some of the extras I have seen. There are no doubt more.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Having runs in my nylons has been part of my nylons wearing life since I was 4. The pantyhose and stockings I was wearing were hand me down and usually had runs or holes in them. When i got a new pair or a pair with no runs or holes in them, I was thrilled.

When I began buying my own pantyhose at 13, it was wonderful to have brand new, sheer to waist pantyhose with no runs or holes in them. I also learned rather quickly that some pantyhose is very delicate and can be easily ruined even when putting them on.

At 17 when I began going out femme in my Daisy Duke attire with little shorts, platform wedges and sheer to waist pantyhose, I sometimes noticed runs forming around my feet. I always kept clear nail polish with me to treat the run before it became bigger.

Then there was times where I hadn’t noticed a run, but I was politely told by another woman that I had a run in my stocking. I usually had extra pairs with me in case that happened. If I happened to be in a store, I would take the opportunity to buy a new pair of several new pairs and slip into one of them.

Although runs oftem meant the end of a pair of pantyhose, at least for wearing out, I felt it was part of the pantyhose lifestyle I loved so much. if someone politely notified me about a run in my nylons, it meant they noticed I was wearing nylons. While a bit of a scary encounter, it was often an exciting one.

My first pair of Leg Avenue suspender hose lasted about a year before they developed a “run”. While saddened, I chalked it up as a mile stone.

I’m also of the mindset to buy two pairs, three if you can splurge; that way your back-up has a back-up, in case your store is out of your brand, size, and color.

I’m a fan of tights as it is more resistant to runs.  However, they do become loose over time.

I tried wearing sheer pantyhose, but 1) my hair legs show thru so that is a big no no 2) even with a good pedicure, the sheers will snag on a loose crusty skin or toenail and you’ve got an instant run.

Pumped
      Lady

A girl has to have at least one back up pair! My wife and I wear the same pantyhose so they get bought in bulk! I always keep one pair of back up thigh highs in each color.

Wendy Me
      Lady

A trick I learned was not to throw out pantyhose with a run in one leg, just cut the leg off at the pantyline. Have two groups L and R and just wear a pair from each of the two groups. Good in a pinch and saves money.

I, as one who loves to wear pantyhose but doesn’t have the freedom to wear them at this time, will remember this forum post and smile the day my hose gets a run in them. I can only imagine the delightful combination of ecstacy and frustration. Finally I am able to wear my own pantyhose (those two words in such juxtaposition are so delightful to me) and after putting them on I discover a run. Hopefully it will be where clear nail polish can stop it without being noticed.

But if not you ladies taught me lessons in this post that I would never have thought of otherwise. . . like buy a back up pair and carry it in your purse.

Love you all,

Charlene

I’ve had my share of stockings or pantyhose with runs.  I have had more than one occasion where I put it on at night just before going to bed (anticipating going out early the next morning) and find a run in it the next morning.

Something else I learned about stockings with runs.  You may want to keep a pair around.  When you have to cut your fingernails, you can use the old pair to check if they have any snags in them.  If there are, you can file the snag down and try again.  This way you’ll be less likely to catch a good pair on a snag in your fingernails while pulling them.

For the feet, and particularly in the colder weather, I use a device called a ped egg.  It’s shaped about the size of a computer mouse, albeit a bit taller.  There are three pieces to it.  The top is curved like a mouse or a long egg.  The bottom is a very fine sandpaper.  Remove the bottom piece and what you have is sort of like a cheese grater, but designed for the foot.  You can rub this over callouses or dry skin of the foot and it exfoliates the dry skin and callouses.  You may want to do it over a towel because some of the dead skin cells will fall out onto the ground.  But a majority of them are drawn in to the egg.  If you pop the middle “grater” off, (do it with the egg side facing down) you will see all the exfoliated skin as a fine powder inside.  This can be dumped into the garbage.  The sandpaper piece can be used for a final smoothing.

The first thing to remember is you should have another pair of nylons handy. I don’t worry that I might spoil the look that I was trying for but rather that a girl should not go out with a run in her hose.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?