Tagged: 

• This topic has 75 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 40 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Not as daunting as the title sounds.

I get to sit in a room all by myself for 4 hours so I started thinking…how did you decide on your “other” name.

For myself, needing a name to log on here I quickly had to think of something…my middle name is William, so I thought Anagram(ish) and came up with Wilma….I did consider Wilomena  but thought better of it.

So that’s my story, how did you christen yourself?

Hugs

Wilma x

Anonymous

I just changed the last letter of my birth name from ‘w’ to ‘a’.

I really like ‘Andrea’. It’s quite girly for me….. Plus I had a bit of a crush on a biological girl in college called Andrea.

Anonymous

Hello Wilma…

( Loving your pic …yabba dabba doo)

My actual name IS Grace!!

Do you remember a Johnny Cash song called ” a boy named Sue “??. Well my mum loved it….. and my dad loved the actress Grace Kelly, so they called me Grace, just to see how i would cope with life!!!?

Well, that’s got THAT rubbish out of the way….

To be honest, i have used grace for so long, I cannot remember just where it came from …but it’s always been grace and it always will…I love it

Smiles, grace x

Anonymous

Hi Wilma,

– accidently in my case, or rather I didn’t put much serious thought into it. There was one obvious and a slightly uncommon name to choose, a female variation of my male name, which I’d have been happy with, except that it was the same name as one of my nieces, so that didn’t feel quite right.

Marti xxx

I’ve always loved the name Jessica so I go with Jess for short and the “secret” part of it is because my dressing is basically a secret (other than from my bf) and I love shopping at Victoria Secret. So a play on words so to speak.

For me it was actress Lana Turner and the town of Bartonsville which is very near my favorite outlet stores.

What a awesome photo Wilma. Michael. To. Michelle, Seems natural. One of the first things my wife asked about my dressing was. Are you Michelle? Good guess.

Anonymous

For myself knew my parents would call me Donna instead of Don so went with my girl name

Donna

Always loved the name Bianca since I saw the actress Bianca Kajlich, and I joined this site one drunken post divorce night with the Hunger Games on TV. I’m Katniss’ better looking big sister🤣.

❤️B

ps is it old fashioned and sexist to use the term actress nowadays? More and more hearing women called actors. Another step towards equality?

“ Bianca Everdene “ has a very nice flow.

When I see your name I often think of elves in Dungeons and Dragons stories lol.

Bridgette

Anonymous

I wish I could say I put a little thought into it, but I heard the name Samara and thought it was pretty, haha!

Anonymous
      Lady

Michael to Michelle… easy.. and a nickname of Chelle used by my girlfriends.

Anonymous

Hi.
      for me it was Star Trek the next generation  I had a little on Natasha Yah.

Revel
        Baroness

I’m a huge TNG fan so I know who you’re talking about. Thanks for sharing.

Revel
          Baroness

I was referring to Natasha. I understand that Seven of Nine was featured in Star Trek: Voyager. We all love Seven, especially me. Giggles.

Anonymous

LOL! Good one – now if only I’d plucked up the nerve to claim “Seven of Nine” as a name 😉

Marti xxx

Sorry, just me being silly

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Seven of Nine made the idea of assimilation so much more desirable, lol.

Anonymous

Seven was hot to and her costume well don’t get me started 🥵

Allison M
      Lady

For me, I always liked the name Allison and it is far enough away from my real name that it would be hard for someone to make the connection.

ChloeC
      Duchess

I’ve been using this name online for about 10 years now (maybe more!), as I’ve been a fan and admirer of the actress Chloë Sevigny.   Of course, that little diaeresis is often difficult to use, so while I used to paste and copy a lot to get it, I don’t do that much any more, and btw, it’s not on her birth certificate either!

I’ve always enjoyed watching and following actors who are their own people, not following the norms, going for the role, not the gross receipts, living and doing what they feel is best for them, which, of course, includes mistakes at times.  It makes them, to me anyway, more real.  I’ve just been fascinated by her performances in movies like Boys Don’t Cry, Last Days of Disco, the HBO series Big Love, American Psycho, Shattered Glass, those slightly off the wall, more or less independent films that don’t get as much publicity, but delve into people’s inner motivations and thoughts.

But, that’s me.

Revel
      Baroness

Good question, Wilma!

When I started cross-dressing back in 2018, my original femme name was “Joy” because I felt so much joy in cross-dressing, but when the Christmas holiday season came around, I saw the word “Joy” everywhere! I frankly got sick and tired of it. So then I discovered that “Revel” means intense enjoyment, and I changed my femme name on June 11, 2019. I have never regretted it, and I LOVE it. Revel has brought so much enjoyment in my life, and when I crossdress, I always do REVEL!

Revel, but despite the hype(TM), don’t forget to joy. What’s the fun in having your cake if you can’t eat it too?

Revel
          Baroness

Good point about cake, sister.

However, I never forget to enjoy myself. The word “revel” basically means more intense enjoyment. I intensely enjoy cross-dressing, and dancing while listening to music! It’s a perfect name for me, and I love the sound of my name too.

I like your choice, the name sounds like the heroine in an adventure story, and I think that’s cool.

Bridgette

Revel
          Baroness

Thanks Bridgette!

I like how my name smoothly rolls off the tongue, and I’m glad that out of over 30,000 members here I was the first to think of using it! It makes me REVEL!

It’s a pun on a nickname of my male name. It’s a reminder that I’m a boy.  Al-is-son.  The most common spelling, Allison reads closer to All-is-son.  The spelling Alisson is very rare, and more commonly a surname.  So I chose to share the “s” and come up with Alison.

My surname is the street I grew up on.

Don’t you think your friends are talking Alyson? 😛

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

My wife named me!!!

I saw a message written in chalk on a road outside my house saying “I love Chantelle ”
      Loved the name and adopted it.

Anonymous

Simple really, just added a letter A to the end of my real Christian name, and then randomly picked a name of an English town from a map (bedford) which is approximately_150 miles from where I actually live,

Anonymous

Bedford is only 16 miles from me 🛏🚙

I’ve always liked the name Kimberly, kind of a sweet name. My surname? I was looking for an email address for Kimberly & there was a bee flying around the room & I thought, that’ll do.

I hope you spelled it correctly (at least while the judges were watching). 😛

My older sis and one of her friends just added an ‘a’ to the end of that boy’s name.

PaulaF

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Wiiiiiil-maaaa

Sorry, I love the Flintstones 😁.   For myself, I wanted to keep my name similar since I was still me, and also in honor of my musical idol/fantasy as well, I changed the”n” to an “i”.   Actually my last name is also a matter of having changed just one letter… and a nod to my love of beer, lol.

Stevie (wish it was Nicks) Steiner 😊

Small world. My girl name is based on my middle boy name, Charles. Charlene just didn’t do it for me and feminized “Charly” variants were to … Pat, IYKWIM.

As I have a little Scandinavian in me, I was tempted to adopt a girl name like Ingrid, Astrid, or a personal fave, Dagmar. Maybe if I decide to go blonde…(not likely).

As for my last name, what can I say. I love bunnies!

I have a cousin named Joanne who – was born on the same day – and I always admired and envied her. She was the lucky one being born female while I could only dream.
      So when I needed to pick a nom de plume Joanne seemed the natural choice.
      Elizabeth is a tribute to my sister.
      Jackson should be easy to figure out.

My first pair of panties were originally Joanne’s.  I wonder if she ever missed them?

I wasn’t very inventive, I just took the feminine versions of my own name. After all this time, I am happy with it.

I love romance and wanted a romantic sounding name.

I chose Genivieve for that reason. I changed the spelling a

little to make it my own! 😉

Mine was the name of My FWB eldest dsughter

When I came out to my wife, she asked me if I had a name for my femme side…I said I kind of liked Lorrie. She said I looked like a Kathryn (my spelling, seems more elegant). My middle name is an homage to my wife’s middle name (Linda) and surname is my male middle name with an “s” added.

I recently lost an aunt who was a Kathryn. Painful as it is, stay the course Kath!

Stephanie
      Lady

Billie made me do it (change my name…Steve…

three choice

Stevie. Uhuh I use to be Stevie when I was younger and I was a naughty little thing 😇

Steph…Nuetral for the me which is ok

Stephanie…this sounds more along the lines off how I feel inside,  also my fav Stephanie is the princess of monoco and is close to my age 😘 and Stephanie has such a rich meaning

Gonna give your unabashed geek response and say it was a gneder-fluid bard I played on World of Warcraft. That said I’m considering Astrid Lenore as an alternative, based on my love of poetry and all things skaldic.

Zoe
      Lady

I chose zõe because it sounded playful and fun and I have crushes on a couple of Zöes.

In Greek it also means life.

Anonymous

Zoe

I have a Niece called Zoe

Many thanks for sharing

Wilma x

I chose my first name from a beautiful and strong willed TV character played by a large and in charge actress, Olivia Benson. My last name is because I love ‘Livin’ my life now.

Anonymous

Olivia

It’s always nice to have a strong roll model.

Hugs

Wilma x

Chris becomes Christine.

This the first time I have had a feminine name, enjoying it immensely!

Anonymous

Christine

I could have gone with Stehanie but thought there would be others.

sometimes a name can be so simple, but change or add a few letters and there is a whole new world before your feet.

Wilma X

No relation to my boy name at all. I thought JTH sounded like a fun, Bond-girl name. 🙂

Many years ago, I was on a gay/CD dating site and needed a handle, so that came to me instantly. Like she was always there, waiting to emerge 🙂

Anonymous

Jenny TH

I can just imagine you crawling out of the boot of the DB5 shaking your hair out and saying “I’m shaken but not stirred Mr Bond” And the less said about Oddjob the better….lol

Hugs

Wilma X

Hi Girls, my mother named me. She had 3 boys with me being the middle child. She told me the hospital ran out of blue blankets in the nursery so when I was born they brought me to her in a pink blanket. She said out loud ‘oh it’s my Debbie’! I think she was a tad disappointed when she noticed I wasn’t 😂!  Hugs, Debbie Lynn

Anonymous

Debbie

Fate chose you for a reason, marvellous origin.

Hugs

Wilma x

I simply asked my mother what my name would have been had I been born female and she told me.  Since I always loved both names, I was happy to use them.

Hugs,

Elise

Anonymous

Elise

Sadly my mother always wanted a Stephen and as “Last man out” I was labelled

but she did give me my Grandads name as well from which “Wilma” emerged.

Hugs

Wilma x

Stephen isn’t bad, and Stephanie is a lovely name. My male name, however, is one of those names that gets you beat up a lot as a child. I would know.

Anonymous

Elise

Sounds like our childhoods were similar, I know I spent most of my school time as classroom victim, suffered at male & female hands.

Never really liked “Stephen”, quite happy that my Navy nickname was Jan but didn’t feel I could carry it on.

I see a brighter future for Wilma.

Hugs.

Michelle
      Lady

I am using the feminine version of my middle name.  I want to have  a middle name but I cannot come up with a feminine version of that, soo that is tbd.

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

For years, my femme persona didn’t have a name. But like you, getting on sites like this & getting involved with local crossdresser groups (around 2016-17) were the impetus in establishing a total female identity. That included a name. At first, I did a combination of my two grandmothers’ names & called myself Deanna, but I was never completely happy with that. I’ve always enjoyed Beach Boys music, but didn’t like the names, Rhonda, Barbara Ann or Caroline. Also a fan of the Four Seasons, but I didn’t care for the names, Sherry, Ronnie or Marianne. I settled on Dawn.

Anonymous

Dawn is a nice name for new beginnings.

— Abbie 🥰

Dawn Judson
          Ambassador

That was another reason I switched to that name.

[postquote quote=527779]
      Now I want to plant missiletoe in the ceiling….

Hi Wilma!

Like many others I hadn’t thought of having a female name until I considered joining CDH. I went to a baby name website to view baby names and the name Autumn seemed to jump off the screen. Since I was very nervous to join a “site like this”….. Read nervous as scared s**tless….. I wanted a last name that inspired bravery. Picked Valiant from an online thesaurus.

I have been loving my femme name ever since.

Hugs,

Autumn

Anonymous

Autumn

I once served for a short period on HMS/M Valiant A proud Lady and I’m sure you will do the name proud.

Hugs

Wilma x

Anonymous

I picked my name for another platform as a joke and I kinda got used to it. For those that don’t know it’s from a scene in Young Frankenstein when they bring the monster to life and it’s clear that he’s not particularly stable… Then the Doctor asks Igor whose brain he got from the lab, clearly marked ‘abnormal’. “Uhhh Abbie…”, ‘Abbie who???’, “Abbie Normal”.

On the plus side my wife knows my ‘other’ name now which to me seems like a big step.

— Abbie 😈

Anonymous

Abbie

You are very Normal to us.

Brilliant film by the way.

Hugs

Wilma x

Anonymous

Wow….you have Holly growing on your ceiling…. awesome!!!!!

Revel
      Baroness

Seven of Nine first made her appearance in Star Trek: Voyager, and recently Star Trek: Picard.

Anonymous

Bobbisue

The beautiful Southern Belle….did rick really give a damn?…..lol

Excellent origin.

Wilma x

Anonymous

Brianna

Yes it is nice to be able to shorten the name….just hope no one starts calling me willy….lol

Hugs

wilma x

Anonymous

Holly

LOL know what you mean.

Hugs

Wilma x

Anonymous

Brianna

Let the laugh out…giggled as I wrote it.

Hugs

Wilma x

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?