Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Ladies!

This is my very first forum post!

It’s federal election day in Canada to see who will run our country for the next few years. Looks like we may go Conservative (similar to US Republicans, but not as um… “noisy”).

At our polling place, I noticed a very well-dressed lady waiting her turn to vote before she, presumably, goes to the office. She looked stunning in her business-elegant outfit: dark-brown suede high heel ankle-boots, black sheer nylons and a just-above-the-knees light tan cashmere over-coat (it was chilly this morning). Her dark hair flowed down her back and her posture and walk were magnificently elegant! An 11 out of 10!

When walking home I had a good chuckle after realizing that my thoughts were not about “having her”, but rather wanting to look and behave like her!

So, I guess I can safely say I’m a crossdresser. However, I’m NO lady! At least not yet. That’s gonna take practice and and even more practice!

Strange… I just love that vulnerable feeling when ‘en femme’, especially when I now sit out on my patio enjoying my late-night coffee while in sexy slippers, nylons and house-coat. So far, I haven’t heard anything from the neighbours and their decent and friendly behaviour towards me hasn’t changed at all either.

I feel so very lucky and grateful to be on this road and find this amazing group of ladies for encouragement and support!

I’m truly beginning to believe you are the ones helping me out the door!

Thank you and all the best!

Barb :B

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.
      Anonymous

Yes, that’s the way. On one level you’re looking at face and figure like any other bloke, but on the other level you’re weighing up clothes, hair, shoes and makeup. And, depressingly, you just know you’ll never look that good.

Connie

xxx

Barb Wire
        Lady

But we can certainly try and have a lot of FUN!

Hello sweetie I’m wishing you a safe future as a cd I feel the same as you about cis female and I’m so glad your neighbors isn’t giving you a hassle so glad for you very rarely here in the USA do you see a lady all dolled up to go to work it’s been so long since I seen a woman who looked as a lady thank you for sharing sweetie

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Barb, that seems the way I look at women now too.  I marvel at their clothes and how they have done their makeup. I study women more now so that I can improve my feminine self. I enjoy being a woman when I’m able and want to present my self as one without thinking about it.

Hugs, Liara

Barb Wire
        Lady

Hi Liara!

I hope to never stop improving my feminine self! I guess it’s like a great relationship: learn, improve, have tons-of-fun, repeat!

:B

You know you’re a CD when you’re talking to an attractive woman, and suddenly become aware that you’re only maintaining good eye contact because you’re studying her eyeliner and wondering how she kept her hand so steady to produce such gorgeous, sharp lines, what products she used, and wow! Those lips! How can I make mine look like that?

Love Laura

Barb Wire
        Lady

Hi Laura:

Yes, the eyes!

A girlfriend of mine has very well put-together eyes. She usually holds most of our conversations while I listened intently with my elbow on the table and my chin cupped under my hand. She knows full-well I’m enchanted.

One day we talked about men’s makeup (it’s gaining some traction). She’s not fussed on the idea for beer-bellied guys, but then looked me in the eye with knitted eyebrows and said, “You could get away with it”. I came SO close to spilling it all!

That was a Happy Day!

Anonymous

hi Barb…

you know you’re a CD when….

no matter how hard you look, you cannot find one pair of Y fronts in your pantie drawer………..Amen

grace x

Barb Wire
        Lady
          Anonymous

thanks Barb….

great link….very interesting indeed

i typed ” codpiece” into amazon……and got fishing lures!!!!!      🤣🤣🤣🤣

Barb Wire
            Lady

Here ya go!

https://fashionhistory.fitnyc.edu/codpiece/

My god! Also used as a pincushion!? LOL!

I gotta log out of here and get some work done, but this is too much fun!

Barb Wire
            Lady

One more thought!

Maybe this is where we get that expression from: “What a dick!”

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.

I often catch myself uttering that phrase to, but in a much different context.

PaulaF.

Barb Wire
            Lady

Ah! (I required a slight pause to process).

Would the expression, “You Go Girl!”, be appropriate??

Wouldn’t hurt, I think.

PaulaF

Grace, I never look for men’s pants in my underwear drawer- why would I?

I would feel unclean if there were any – socks are bad enough, but they have their own drawer until I have a big enough collection of ladies socks…

😍😍😍😍😍

There used to be five drawers for undies, socks and such. One for bras, one for nylons, one for men’s socks, one for panties and one for y fronts. With the purge of male clothes the y fronts went bye-bye and the panties took over that drawer. One drawer for regular panties and one drawer for thongs. The sock drawer also took a hit and nylons are taking that space also.

You know I’m a CD because there are no traces of men’s underwear in the house.

Beth

Anonymous
      Lady

You know you’re a CD when in male mode you find yourself standing in front of lipstick and makeup looking at all the shades and figuring out which ones you like, then realizing, some GG is at the end of the aisle looking at you waiting for you to move on so she can shop. (Happened yesterday)

That’s me also and the person behind me is tapping their foot knowing I’m not going to buy

mad I’m walking away I think I have better color makeup then she will ever wear I’m sorry real woman wearing blue jeans and sneakers isn’t looking good to me

Anonymous

Hi Barb you know your a CDr when you flip to the ladies fashion page first when reading a magazine,

That’s what i do first everytime,

I do a lot of people watching too always looking at what the ladies are wearing and wishing that i could wear them too,

Hugs Roz X

Barb Wire
        Lady

Hi Roz:

Oh, how true!

When in any office waiting for an appointment, I too will rifle through the magazines looking for outfits that could work for me!

It’s better nowadays since plus-sized models are often presented in advertising giving me an idea of what’s possible (I’m a big girl at over 200 lbs. Sigh… .)

Anonymous

Hi Barb i recieved a catalogue for Matalan in the post today, and i turned to the ladies fashion pages first and thought i like the look of a couple of dresses in there,

I might treat myself some time next week and Go and buy them,

Hugs Roz X

Anonymous

Roz-:

“ Here’s looking at you” ( Casablanca )

I left the last word out as it is not appropriate. Just beware, while you are looking, others are looking at you looking at others….well you know what I mean. Don’t get caught!!!

Anya😊

I discovered the ladies fashion pages in catalogues at quite an early age – at least 10 years old – and dreamed of wearing those fashions.

OK, I was very tempted by the underwear too, lol!

🤣🤣🤣🤣❤

I have many memories of spending a lot of time in the Montgomery Wards, JC Penneys, and Sears Christmas catalogues.  Guess which sections, lol.

PaulaF

Yes I am a CD. Evaluating a woman’s appearance, taking mental notes and wanting (or not wanting 😝) to look like that. But my big tell that I am CD is always practicing my feminine voice. Not just when I go out but at home when alone and talking to myself. (As long as my masculine voice doesn’t try to argue with the feminine I will be fine!) My only downfall is when I get frustrated by something, then the masculine comes out cussing like a sailor. But I must continue practicing until it becomes natural.

Beth

Anonymous

That’s the same part I’m struggling with, those unguarded moments when the deep voice comes out or when I sneeze, stupid vocal folds, lol.

— Abbie 🥰

Barb Wire
        Lady

Hi Beth!

There’s nothing like a good cussing vent from time to time, especially when dressed in your best! I think it’s attractive, powerful and sexy, just like Glenn Close as Patty Hewes in the TV show Damages.

YOU GO GIRL!

XO

Mona
      Duchess

You know you’re a CD when you have more women’s shoes, clothes and beauty products than your wife.

Hi All

I think you’ve missed the obvious one!
      You know when you’re a CD when you spend all you free time (and the rest) on Crossdresser Heaven chatting about anything and everything girly with all your girl friends

Stephanie ❤️

Barb Wire
        Lady

Thanks, Stephanie!

I think I’ve been logged-in for 8 straight hours now.

Some of the sharp wit around here is intoxicating and hilarious!

Also, the posted articles are written with such openness, intelligence and courage that I’ve been “Binge Reading” for all those hours (I’ve retired recently, lucky me!).  I’m now on page 5 of 56!

XO

Hi Barb

Likewise, though I was made redundant back in Dec and have slipped into retirement lol.

My problem is that I get sucked into CDH normally around 10pm and then can’t get off it again till around 2am! So at the moment I’m not getting my much needed beauty sleep lol.

love Stephanie ❤️

Anonymous

That describes me, Stephanie;  except I do spend some free time browsing the malls – but only in the women’s clothing area.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Oh Stephanie, this soooo spot on. CDH is my go to place when I have a few moments. Almost always opened on my phone in the background so I can quickly check the latest all the ladies here are talking about. I have no other social media outlets (seriously-they suck up too much time). But my regular return to CDH helps me manage the continual tension between my male exterior and my feminine desires for expression.

Within the CDH environment I can be me, Charlene Victoria, without impunity. It is a safe place to simply “be.” I like, indeed need that.

To be sure, I must be a CDer, and probably more.

Oh why not just say it, “I AM a woman at heart.” 👩

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Barb!  No, looks we are still Liberal……

Anyway, I came upon my realization decades ago when I would buy Playboy Lingerie edition magazines ( never bought ‘normal’ Playboys, only Lingerie issues ), and would look through it drooling at the outfits instead of the models!  “I would love that outfit”,  “Ooh, I love that colour”, or “that style looks great with her hair…”, and so on.  Yes, I noticed the ladies of course, but they weren’t my main focus.  That pretty much confirmed my trans-dressing. 😊

Stevie

Barb Wire
        Lady

Hi Stevie!

OMG!

I still have my two Playboy lingerie issues I got back in 1988 and 1994!! I too never bothered with the regular editions. I can even remember the convenience store where I got them from.

In my 1988 edition there are no page numbers. If you still got yours and if you open the front cover only and start flipping pages, one… two… three…, the long blonde haired and fabulously attired lady in black on the back-side of page 3 set the stage for what I’d like to look like with the same dangerous attitude to match! Her name is “Kim”.

Good gosh, this is FUN! Thanks for this, Stevie!

XO

Barb :B 😊

Oh! In my riding there was a sea of blue conservative lawn signs, but my riding still went Liberal anyway.

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Hehe.  Yup, still have that 1988 edition Barb. 😁

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It was only later in life when I realised I was a C.D. as I had no idea such a name existed when I was trying on my sisters clothes. As a young child the fascination for what girls wore and how they looked was something I would marvel at and felt I wanted to wear those clothes and look like them. 

Over the years I have served my apprenticeship and gained a degree in advanced crossdressing. 

Hi Barb.

you know you are a CD when your first thought when going out of town for a training trip is to book a so day and transformation session.   And a girls night out.   Can’t wait to get there and have a fabulous time.    Cmon November.

Barb Wire
        Lady

Hi Ginger!

You are so right!

My Bucket List includes a pro makeup session and a girls’ night out!

I can see myself dressed to the nines having a good, clean hoot! (Although a few drinks and a cigarette or two would be appropriate, just to easy my inhibitions .)

Thanks for sharing!

I can identify with so much of what so many have said heretofore.

I have no doubt I am a CDer at the very least, quite possibly / probably a trans-woman.

Evidence?

As many others so I view woman not with male lust but with feminine envy. Her hair, her shape, her shoes, her purse, her carry, her hip sway, her cleavage / bustline her demeanor – I want that, that is sooooo me.

Need I continue? I am so feminine souled that at times it hurts.

Kindly,

Charlene

Anonymous

Hi Charlene,

I like that … Feminine Envy as opposed to Male Lust. A good way to put it

Jillian

That is such a cool post Barb.

Barb Wire
        Lady

Thanks, Ruby!

Btw, you’ve got a very cool name. I can just here the MC announcing your arrival on stage, “Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for the lovely and talented RUBY O’SHEA!”

Amy Oxley
      Lady

My wife has got used to me checking out other women when we are out and about. She knows I am looking at their outfits.

I turn to her and say “I love her dress”.

She rolls her eyes and says “You’re such a girl”.

Similarly, I love looking at Frederick’s of Hollywood catalogs/websites/fashion shows not for the models…but to get inspiration for my own look!

Also to fantasize about being in their place — that would be my dream job. 🙂 Interested in the girls themselves? Absolutely not.

Barb Wire
        Lady

Hi Jenny!

Me too!

My late mom was in the fashion industry. She dragged me to a couple of fashion shows when I was a kid back in the early 70s. I remember fiercely hanging onto the doorknob not wanting to go. But once I got there everyone around us made a fuss over me, “What a nice/cute/etc.. young boy!” They were the kindest folks anyone could ever meet. Since then I’ve been enamored by the confidence and elegance of runway models. However, I wondered why there were no boys on stage? I asked my mom why not and she just leaned towards me and whispered, “Maybe one day”.

Now that explains a lot!

Btw, there was a time when I could operate a sewing machine!

Thanks for sharing!

You know your a CD when a GG borrows some of your clothes.

You know you are CD when all you get in your mailbox is catalogs from Paula Young, Torrid, Shoe Carnival, etc. And they outnumber the junk mail.

PaulaF

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

You know your a CD when, you have more and sexy panties, Bra’s in more styles and color, High Heel Boots, Wedges, Heels, Tights, Stocking’s, Garter Belts, Dresses, Skirts, and sexy tops than your SO. And the list goes on.
      Lynda.

Anonymous

You may be a Crossdresser if … you bring in the mail and open the New York and Co. circular before you open the one from Home Depot.

Jillian

Anonymous
      Lady

You know you’re a CD when all the pop up ads on your computer are for makeup or womens clothing.

Barb Wire
        Lady

Yeah, me too! But how do they know I’m Plus Size?

I think I’m gonna have to unplug my Google Nest Mini. She’s listening and recording!

Anonymous
          Lady

Yep I never trust those listening devices and you just know the smart tv is watching and listening also not to mention Amazon and other retailers tracking every view and purchase. When AI becomes more used there will be no hiding at all for anyone. Am I being paranoid? Whats that drone over my house?? LOL

Yup, the ads pretty much point in one direction!

Anonymous

I know what you mean, Barb.  Been there, done that.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Bobbi (love your name and the spelling of it! 🙂

You’re right! I think anyone stupid-ass enough to make a scene will look like a “dick”.

I must admit I’m impressed with young adults nowadays with their frustration of the “old ways” of thinking.

The world is changing and I think for the better!

Anonymous

I watch The Young and the Restless with my wife every day, and find myself paying more attention to the wardrobes than to the storyline.

Bettylou

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Bettylou and Bobbisue!!

I just started watching “Damages” starring Glenn Close from the mid ’00s for the same reasons. I love their power-suits and their attitudes to match! It’s that kind of confidence I’d like to have if I ever go out dressed up, preferably with a group of power-girls (safety in numbers).

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?