• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

We have a lot of depth and breadth of experience here (I’m not saying you’re old, ladies!). So based on your own experiences, perspectives and wisdom give the 1 best piece of advice you would have for each of the following: (could be philosophical, could be about family/dating/relationships/marriage, could be practical — “these are the best breast forms/ make sure to get matching bra and panties,” etc):

1. Teenage CDer

2.  Beginning CDer

3. Married CDer

4. Closeted CDer

5. Open CDer

Mine would be the same for all 5 categories: Pray. Pray that God would lead you down the right path, that He would make clear what you should do with this “gift” of femininity He has given you, and that you would glorify Him in all you do. But that’s just me. Curious about what all you wise ones would say to any one or all of these categories.

God bless,

Steph

My one piece of advice (which I wish I had been brave enough to follow at the time) is to be honest and open about dressing at the start of a relationship.

If they can’t accept the dressing then it gives them an opportunity to leave before things get serious.  It also saves any sneaking around and potential conflict later.

-A.

Anonymous

Andi,

I agree with you 💯%. Be totally honest and completely open at the beginning and all throughout the relationship  and you will  having less  problems to deal with.

Kathleen

Anonymous

Andi,

As I mentioned to Effie, I think you’re right but it’s still more complicated than maybe we would like to allow. Every situation and person is different, and there are some very good competing reasons and some non-dishonest reasons to decide not to tell.

Thanks for giving this some thought. Great advice!

For all categories, resist the urge to purge !  I’ve turfed many good articles of clothing (the top one that I regret is the 80s-90s style aerobic wear, the spandex leotard and spandex leggings).  I can’t find those, and when I do the price is at a premium.

Anonymous

Wendy,

Oh the Great Purge of ‘09 still haunts me — the shoes, the skirts, the dresses, the jewelry, the wig — aarrgghhh! And I think the point is that no matter the truthfulness of our conviction at the time to stop, for most, they end up returning at some point and lamenting that loss.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I am in the process of one last great purge. I am throwing out all of the MEN’S clothes! All of the underwear went first! Ugh! Then I sorted through the socks, t-shirts, blue jeans and sweatshirts. Omg, that man kept everything no matter how ratty. I think I will keep a couple blue jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts. Maybe someday I will want to play dress up as a boy! The Victor/Victoria thing, the woman who dresses as a man to play a drag queen. In our case, a man who dresses as a woman to pretend to be a man. Weeeeiiiird.

I am already at the point where only Beth leaves the house because he has no mens clothes to wear. That and she is in charge now and he is in the closet. She still loves her man side just as much as ever but she is the boss now.

😜👿❤

Beth

Anonymous

Sounds like the “Mother of all purges” Beth, I love that you are embracing the feminine you and only letting ‘him’ out on your terms. I’d say go for it but you already have.

💋 Diana 💋

Anonymous

So, so true Wendy, when I think of the things I have purged over the years I could weep….

Anonymous

Hello Steph…..

Lets have a go at this….advice…mmm.

Teenage….take your time, you have your whole life ahead of you.

Beginner….whatever size wardrobe you have, its just not big enough.

Married….be honest, if you dont tell her from day 1, it will get harder.

Closetted….be brave, take a leap of faith and try a trip out…you will never look back.

Open….grace, living the dream…no regrets….

and to all 5 categories…NEVER purge….the biggest waste of money ever, because nearly all of you will start again….

remember, these are just Scarlett suggestions….

love, grace xx

Anonymous

Grace,

So thoughtful and helpful the answer! Thank you. Great pearls of wisdom in there, but then, we should be good with pearls, no? 😂

Anonymous

Advice: as mentioned by some already..

don’t be like me… that is:

secretive about your cd’ing to your spouse…

Anonymous

Effie,

So true. The issue is never as simple as we’d like though. Are there times when we are actually protecting our spouse by not telling her? Could the truth be more ultimately damaging than the secret? Just because something is true, does that mean it MUST be revealed? Is it dishonesty by omission or instead fair to keep something that is just for you yourself even within the confines of marriage?

Not saying I have the answers, but the questions are thought-provoking anyway.

Thanks for your thoughts as always! 😊

Anonymous

I see your point Stephanie, and I suppose that could be my reasoning behind keeping it a secret….

💖

It is basically the same throughout your life: 1)  Be as honest with yourself as you should be with those closest to you.  2)  Admit that you are a work in progress, no one is perfect.  3)  Mistakes will happen, own up to them and fix what needs fixing.  4)  RELAX for heavens sake, you will survive.

PaulaF

Mine would be simple, but sometimes pretty hard.
      For all categories, be confident in who you are, and as Gen said, admit to yourself what you feel, and wear it well
      Regi

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Your right gen. I found that being honest with myself has helped me to be honest with my s.o. The longer you wait to accept your feeling the harder it is for her to accept you. We aren’t criminals but I felt like one for years. Accepting yourself for what you are and how you feel is the key to life In my opinion.

Anonymous

Gen,

Really basic but profound. Don’t fight the gift but rather figure out how to incorporate it into your life in a positive meaningful way that doesn’t do damage to your conscience. Great message; thank you!

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Sorry to reply to my self but I feel so passionate about it. I wasted many years lieing to myself about dressing. “It’s only a little fetish , just a pair of stocking that’s no big deal. I’m not one of them”. Then came heels and later a wig and makeup and then  the realization maybe I always was one of them. All the while I tried to drink my feelings away. It drove a wedge between me and my family. Going threw life in denial will make you miserable, not to mention a terrible husband. I think learning about yourself and embracing it no matter what it is, is the single most important thing an individual can do.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?