Viewing 40 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Ok….we’re all locked down…but in a normal world, where you can get snacks from shops or even vendors on street corners…

From these two…. would you pick a hotdog or a hamburger???

be it meat or…..vegan!!!, and if you pick one, what’s your favourite topping!!!!….

you can even have peanut butter or marmite…..haha

Personally, it’s a burger for me, topped with a slab of cheese and red onion….mmmm

Edit….Thanks Samantha, never thought to add a poll !! xx

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, well when I was not as concerned over my girlish figure and used to support street food vendors, I usually went for the hot dog, sometimes even the foot long!!!!   Favourite toppings are onion, sauerkraut, relish, hot peppers with a wee bit of mustard.  I guess there was some sort of fake meat in there somewhere.  Back when I used to travel across North America for work, I made a tradition of going to see a major league baseball game and having a foot long hot dog.  And I compared hot dogs from the different venues.  Sorry Boston Red Sox, New York Yankee and Toronto Blue Jay fans, I think from my research , in my humble opinion the best foot long is in Denver Colorado followed by the foot long in Seattle.  Looking forward to getting back to going to the games.  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

I used to live in Oakland, back in the money ball days with the pennant the years running. Last game I went to was in Baltimore, good food at that park. Haven’t been to a game in years now.

Bridgette

Hi Grace ,It would have to be a haggis burger with home made courgette pickle. Py xx.

Anonymous

Haggis burgers….I SO need one!!!

Oh my. I love a good chilli dog but I’m truly  a hamburger gal. (as my tummy will attest)-Jen

Anonymous

Jen

….not just your tummy honey, why is everything we like bad for us ???

It would have to be a burger with cheese and a salad on top

Patti 🥰

Anonymous

Foot long hot dog. Boiled or on the grill

Mustard and relish.

Side order of onion rings.

Jessica

Sorry I just had to edit this post! Too fun! Hamburger all the way!

Growing up I loved hot dogs but have mostly switched to hamburgers. Give me a Five Guys burger (US chain) and fries and I’m a happy camper. The exception to this is when I attend a sporting event like baseball. I love a good hot dog, half some or bratwurst with good german mustard, sauerkraut or pepper/onions….and of course a beer.

That’s almost what I was going to say. If I’m at the game, it has to be a dog, and inevitably beer (craft preferred), with chili, cheese, hot mustard, and peppers. I’ve never been to a ballpark where there was a good burger to be found, but there’s usually a decent dog.

Otherwise, it’ll be a burger, preferably a double or triple, with cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes if they’re fresh, and bacon, maybe chili, and good hot mustard (of whatever national or ethnic origin). Other than street vendors, not many places have a decent hot dog outside the ballpark.

Having said all that, can I get a cheesesteak instead?

Bridgette vS

Kathleen
      Duchess

Jalapeno pepper and cheese burger

Anonymous

Kathleen, I do love jalapenos xx

Kathleen
          Duchess

I grow them. If we are ever on the same side of the planet I’d love to give you some.Maybe someday…

I don’t have a preference, I love everybody.

Anonymous

Me too for chilliburgers.

Kathleen, Grace, FYI, I bought and grew on a small jalapeno chilli plant in my garden this year, in Wales. No special care, just a bit of feeding. It was only a small crop , but enough to share with a couple of friends. They were plenty hot enough too.

Marti x

Grace ,My wife saw a Donkey sausage for the first time ,when she was released from Hospital. She just smiled ,and has been unable to speak since.

Anonymous

Py…can you pass on a message to your wife… apparently donkey sausages should be chewed….not swallowed whole!!!

Grace xxxx

Hi Grace ! i passed your kind message to my wife, but sadly, she just continues to smile. Py xx.

I love a five guys hamburger, but my Darlene persona is encouraging me to eat healthier and lose weight.  So for me I make a veggie scramble with broccli, bell peppers, onions, and a little italian sausage mixed in for breakfast, then mostly salads the rest of the day.  I’m getting close to a healthy BMI, when i get there I’ll splurge on a Five Guys Burger!

Anonymous

Actually I could go for either but if I have to choose then a hamburger. Lots of cheese, caramelized onions, a little bacon, dill pickle, a little mayo, mustard and ketchup. Doesn’t sound too ladylike does it?

Holly😁

Definitely hamburger because I think you can get a greater variety of ‘other’ ingredients – cheese, bacon, salt, relishes and they seem better accompanied by fries than hot dogs. And on the veggie front if I’m in the position of having to make myself a snack then sliced tomatoes, with sliced avocado and sliced mozzarella cheese drizzled over with a freshly prepared olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and herb dressing really hits the spot.

HRxx

Anonymous

Well in  my teenage years the local takeaway served Burgers with fried  Onions yummy. Then they progressed to Burgers with fried egg on top ( my favorite ). Then when in my apprentice years college served Battered Burgers very tasty but greasy. However Burger with a fried egg can’t be beaten. Unlike a lot of people I am cheese intolerant why ruin good food.

Sarah

[postquote quote=439127]
      Hi Baroness Grace,

A gyro is a Greek dish with shaved lamb  and beef mixed with spices, mayo, red onions and added to a pita or a on a submarine/hero split roll.  Chicken can be used too.  The meat is usually cooked on a rotisserie spit.

Alice

Hi Grace,

Good thing it’s almost dinner time.  How about a burger with sharp cheddar cheese and crispy bacon.

Alice

Anonymous

yes please Alice….mmm

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

Because of my professional background, I definitely have to choose hamburgers. I have seen too many hot dog processing plants in my life and its not pretty. LOL!

Anonymous

Well ladies, I am quite surprised…hotdogs are taking a real beating!!!….any more dawg lovers out there?????

[postquote quote=439144]
      Hi Grace,

Good for a late night snack too!

Alice

Anonymous

Hi Grace i vote for a hamburger with cheese and bacon on it with lashing of ketchup and mustard on it x

My daughter lives in Keswick been up there quite a few times beautiful countryside not been for a few years though x

Hugs Rozalyne x

HotDogs all the way. So much easier to cook and no quicker snack.

The best is with just Ketchup and maybe a bit of relish.

Cynthia

Anonymous

Oh definitely Hot Dogs.

One buttered roll, with a tomato sauce base, lay the hot dog into the center fold of the roll and cover it in fried diced onions with a brown sauce and  English mustard topping. Mmmmmm

Hi Grace if its an outside street vender definately a dog .

They always tasted better at the race track or golf course.LOL

Hugs Patty

Oh, darling…

When I saw the topic I thought to myself…”this must be Grace”! And sure enough it was. You have a wonderful sense of humour that brings balance to a forum like ours!

However, back to the subject… certainly a Hotdog. It’s one of those items no one can sod up. I have had, much to my chagrin, ‘things’ calling themselve Hamburgers but lacked any form of taste and were even vile to look at. A spectaclar disaster in Boston, Lincolnshire is the most memorable… imagine if you will a small square of greaseproof paper upon which lay a squishy something in batter, dripping awful smelling burnt fat… When asked what exactly it was, the chippie had the temerity to say “its an ‘amburger”. I asked where the bun was… “you’ll ‘ave to pay ‘xtra for tha'” was his response!

Even MacDonald’s is way better than that!

Saving the world’s taste buds one ‘otdog at a time Hugs xxx Polly

Anonymous

Thanks for the compliment Polly dear…insanity is a dangerous thing, but mine is watered down with humour and medication and I’m coping fine, thank you…

I have also come across the odd unscrupulous ” burger van” selling burgers ranging from clay pigeon substitutes to replacement shoe soles to minute portions…..” Hey mate, you haven’t put a burger in this bun??….yes I have guv, it’s under the slice of tomato”????

Huggs, grace xx

Don’t get me wrong I like dogs too but if I have to choose between the 2 I’m gonna take a burger.

As far as toppings go I like them all. Although I don’t want cheese unless bacon is also involved and if bacon is joining the party you might as well throw the fried egg on there too. I mean if we’re trying to get our cholesterol numbers up we might as well do it right lol.

I like my burgers drug through the garden. Lettuce,tomato, onion and pickles plus mayo and mustard. I used to also like ketchup on there but the older I get the less I like ketchup on my burger. I like it on certain fast food burgers but that’s really the only time I eat it on burgers any more.

As for hot dogs I like a Chicago dog. They’re a style of hot dogs all their own and I love hot dogs this way. They’re kind of like a rueben sandwich though. It’s really hard to find a good one. If you like hot dogs I suggest trying a Chicago style hot dog. They’re delicious!

Oh and Samantha I’ll join you for a gyro because I love ’em! I mean is there any more tasty Greek sandwich out there? I’ll be honest. I’ll take a gyro over a burger. Now I’m craving a gyro, some hummus, tabbouleh and tahini salad . And also a good hamburger lol.

Thanks for a fun topic!

Jessica

Voted for hamburgers. Sonic is my favorite. Although I’m vegetarian now. I enjoy having veggie burgers now from a local place here in town.

I couldn’t vote. I’ll take one of each please. I just can’t decide.

ChloeC
      Duchess

The choice was a sort of tough, I’d say it’s probably 60-40 hamburger to hotdog…at the most.  It does depend on what kind of meat is in both for me to choose one over the other.  I probably eat more hot dogs than hamburgers, just because they’re easier to prepare.  For a good hamburger, I really need to grill it, and that’s a little more effort than sticking a packaged hotdog in the microwave.  But a good brat, also grilled, with the right condiments can be very tasty.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Living in SoCal, and having to choose between a burger or a dog, I’d take a burger.  In-N-Out.  Animal style.  For the uninitiated…that’s no bun…wrapped in lettuce. Yum!

Now if we could expand things a bit… Being this is SoCal, a beer battered Baja style fish taco beats most burgers any day.  Anyone that visits from afar and doesn’t try one is missing out.  Ya gotta get it local.  Little hole in the wall places.  They’re not the same anywhere else.

Expanding even further… When I lived in New York City, some of the best pizza I ever had came from the carts you’ll find on many street corners.  It was a lunch staple.

As for hot dogs… There’s something cultural about having one at a Major League baseball game.  It’s the one place and time when I actually want one.  Loaded with spicy mustard and grilled onions, of course!

Grace you feigned innocence in one of your other food polls.  I’m not convinced you aren’t trying to make us all fat!  I’d like my Kardashian booty to become LESS prominent!

Emily

Anonymous

Emily…for a girl who wants to reduce her booty….you really have accidentally on purpose found some bootiful food!!…fish taco,mmm

I agree with you on both Emily. Burgers the first choice but there is nothing like a ball park hotdog as well!

I’m a hot dog girl, through and through.  Grilled and topped with chili and shredded cheese or at a baseball park with a just touch of mustard.

Two of my favorite foods since learning how to chew!  Hot dogs come in so many varieties, beef, pork, even chicken  or turkey and (shivering) vegan.  And the topping’s are just as varied.  From just mustard to a little bit of a lot of everything.   Easy to make, easy to carry, and way too easy to over indulge.   Truly a favorite meal from toddlers to centenarians.   But, that marvelous food is but my second choice on this list.

The burger is my favorite.  Made from choice meats: Black Angus, American Buffalo, plain ground beef, or ground steak of any cut, and even Venison.  Coverd and slow simmered, open grilled over mesquite wood, or slow smoked.  On calm day, you can smell a good burger a mile away when the breeze is right.  And the choices of buns and cheeses is as varied as the meat.  Mustard, mayonnaise, or both.  Horseradish, hickory BBQ sauce, or even Cajun Bourbon sauce with sauteed mushrooms.  Pickle, crispy lettuce, onion, tomatoes, and even a layer of jalapeno peppers.

A good burger is a work of art that just cannot be made exactly the same way twice.  Each is unique in its own flavor even with the same garnishment.

IMHO, a vegan burger is just a salad between two pieces of bread.  But a well made burger… is just almost beyond even a Bill Shakespeare description.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Paula…

Thanks honey, mouthwatering reply!!!…I love Venison….but it’s a bit Deer in England…haha….

I also love your topping description…”a little bit of a lot of everything”…brilliant!!

Lickylips, grace xx

Anonymous

God Paula, we are all coming round your place in the summer for a barbecue sweetie, just mouth dribbling gorgeous reading it, let alone trying one.

No need to wait for summer.  I will BBQ if it gets up to the mid forties F if I get a hunger for a good burger.  I have even BBQ’d in the snow on more than 1 occasion, just because I got hungry for a good burger.

PaulaF

Anonymous

You beauty Paula,  around BBQ star

Emily
      Lady

Gotta be a vegan burger for me. Cheese, vegan bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and a bit of Mayo. Making me hungry and it’s only 5:30 in the morning!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Really, back to food are we?  Lol, okay.

Hamburger all the way for this girl, and dont cheap out on the bacon or cheese either!   The terms “tofu”, “veggie”, or “meatless” do not exist in my hamburger vocabulary. 😁

Stevie

Hiya! Fun question! I answered hamburger 🍔 which I do enjoy. But I don’t mind a nice big hot dog if it comes with a man attached! Naughty me. Giggles 🤭

Polynesian burgers for us, Good ground beef mixed with chopped onion and green pepper, pineapple tidbits and teriyaki seasoning, then grilled. So juicy you don’t need ketchup or mayo or anything else unless you wish. Top with lettuce and tomato if desired.

Burger all the way.

I am rather simplistic, so my fave go to fast food burger is the big mac.  Love it.  If we order from the self serve kiosk, I always get extra lettuce, onions, pickles and sauce.  It gets messy and droopy, but wouldn’t want it any other way.

If home made (yeah I am lazy, instead of buying ground beef and mashing into patties I buy the pre made stuff), toppings include either ketchup or bbq sauce, onions, lettuce/tomato, cheese, and if we have any bacon.

I toast the buns using mayo, so it crisps up really nice.

Hi Grace just love your Polls but can feel getting fatter every post from all the girls here  omg.. voted as a hamburger  with cheese and Bacon and onions  and spicey brown mustard a tastey treat he he  … But also from down south here in Florida where im from we had a few places that were hotdog places and you went in picked your beer flavor and they steamed you dogs in that beer Omg what a taste he he hugs girlfriend mmmm got to loose weight  ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Steph….alcoholic hotdogs…woof woof!!!

Young lad ” brown ale hotdog”!!!

Bartender ” can I see your I.D.”??

….priceless!!!

Smiles, grace xxx

Grace they were so good he he woof!!! woof!!! come on over have to try some again  he he

Stephanie

Well I guess just 49 of us might not be a representative sample and we did self select to answer. Even so 20% hotdog to 80% burgers (rounding up) is pretty convincing that most of us CDers prefer burgers. Am I the only one thinking that this might be a ‘Freudian’ thing?
      HRxx

Anonymous

yes Hilda…..but did Freud like hamburgers or bloody hotdogs!!!

Anonymous

I love a good hamburger but I’m kind of curious about a footlong hot dog

Anonymous

you and me both Cindy, but apparently they are legendary!!

Footlong hotdogs are truly delish.  And there is soooooooo much room for even more bits of a lot of everything on top.  Just bring a fork though, they are hard to pick up.

PaulaF

Alice Black
      Duchess

My preference is hamburger, but I also love a  good Kosher hot dog as well or a chili dog also.

Alice Black

Anonymous

Alice honey….in England that’s what we call ” sitting on the fence” xx

Anonymous

I started this thread ” asking…hotdog or hamburger”…???….and thanks to all the girls who participated..but it’s turned into vegan v carnivore which is frankly…..BORING……If anyone wants to start a vegan v carnivore thread…..go for it!!!!!

Grace xx

Anonymous

Steph….I lived in Cumbria for a while…I can confirm the Cumberland rings are not sheep rustlers…but are fantastic sausages….and they taste totally different if made locally

but first Krista, now you, on about these foot long sausages/ hotdogs…. where have I been???

Anonymous

Gosh Stephanie you need to open a hot dog take away, I was dribbling when I got to the end, and desperately wanted a hot dog 

Anonymous

Steph…I lived on the Solway coast for a wee while…you could see Scotland across the Solway firth….but were also 20 miles from the lakes….spent a lot of time in Keswick….a pub there called the dog and gun…if my memory serves me….good lunches…we also used to drive round to Gretna…and through Dumfries and Galloway…there’s a ruined abbey there called ” sweetheart abbey”… beautiful xx

Anonymous

Gyro….help????

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

….. vegan too.  Lol.

Beef, cheese, bacon( regular. or peameal), red onion, pickle, tomato.  NO lettuce! ….. ×2 please.  Put a fried egg on top and its breakfast!

Ideally a nice schnitzel on a bun as dessert?

Anonymous

Good points Stephanie. The question is how many Vegans are actually true Vegans in the sense of the word.

I have a tin hat and patties don’t hurt if thrown.

Anonymous

Totally agree Stephanie, after all humans ate humans, although today obviously that not socially acceptable, well not in Dorset anyway. Didn’t go out lettuce bashing in the stone age did they. Probably never cooked the meat either. But hay ho do like a salad in the summer.

Patties in coming.

Anonymous

Too late!!!?…vegetarian haggis  = vegetarian offal…..would that be the heart, liver and lungs of mushrooms or lettuce?????

Anonymous

Oh I do agree Stephanie, 😀here we are back to labels “Miss lovely smile” another label.😀 I think the patties should be labeled vegan patties, or vegan rolls, not burgers or sausages.😀 If your vegan fair enough but get your own labels.😀 See its back to labels, every where you go labels. 😀

So good to know that you two gals will not be falling out. An interesting development that should satisfy both of your consciences is the development of synthetic meat grown from stem cells. Once the biotech manage to produce meat that has the taste, texture and odour of meal that will be able to mass produce without ever harming a single animal; check out https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/lab-grown-meat-receives-its-first-regulatory-approval-in-singapore/4012849.article
      Love and hugs to you both, I have so enjoyed your conversation.
      HildaRuthxxx

Anonymous

If he’s not a member…he can’t vote!!

Anonymous

Don’t ask for a hot dog in some countries, believe me you will be  shocked

Anonymous

Magic mushrooms and a hot dog, what a trip 

Anonymous

To be honest, this is all beyond me…I don’t want some bio tech lab invented stem cell produced tofu marinated fungi tasting piece of yuk….I just want a slice of meat off the a**e of a cow between two slices of bread…..with a slice of cheddar and some onion…….PLEASE!!!

this approach usually gets me the desired meal!!!

Grace,  xx

Hi Inga
      Can’t say I agree with you about the position of vegetarians on synthetic meat (time will tell) but I do think there will be pressure to adopt more vegetarian based diets due to the impact of rearing meat on climate change hence many non-vegetarians will adopt it. Lots of venture capital being invested. But on to breakfast; yours sounds delicious and over here (not far from you I’m in Brighton) it’s muesli, seeds, grapes and blueberries with skimmed milk topped by low fat yoghurt and a sprinkling of nuts and dried fruit so we’re pretty much on the same page breakfast wise.
      Love and hugs
      HildaRuth xx

I’m sure that some biotech produced meat substitutes will be as you say but there is serious big money being invested in identifying and commercialising the production of synthetic meat with the taste, texture, smell and cooking qualities of ‘genuine meat”. I know it all seems a bit ‘Star Trek’ but as William Gibson wrote, “The fut`ure is already with us; it’s just not evenly distributed.”
      I wonder whether there is a poll in this and similar related food issues – GM foods, Synthetic Foods, Why we eat what we eat? ‘Wadya think?
      HRxxx

Anonymous

Poppy  seed buns and burgers Stephanie 😀now  is that with real meat burgers or vegan burgers 😀.? Just asking sweetie. 😀.

Sometimes Steph, I think you might have an over developed sense of irony 😉

HRxxxx

That’s really interesting Steph, the difference between your male and female persona. I’m certainly finding that being on CDH and commenting on some of the threads brings out the HildaRuth far more than just sitting and daydreaming about her. Jennifer who lives in the USA was the gal who recommended CDH to me and I really can’t thank her enough. I see that you are in Hertfordshire so we are both on this side of the Atlantic along with Inga.
      Love and hugs
      HildaRuth 💋💋💋

PS
      🌭 🍔

Your dinner sounds delicious! And it will be interesting to see whether climate change along with the impact of AI/automation might lead capitalism to get a conscience. I’m not holding my breath but WTF by Tim O’Reilly does give a modicum of hope see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wtf-Whats-Future-Why-Its/dp/0062699555/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=WTF+Tim+O%27Reilly&qid=1611932408&sr=8-1
      And as you so rightly say we do love all our sisters on CDH

HildaRuth 💋💋💋

Anonymous

Oooooeeeerr…

ménage a trois….. can’t wait to see the film !!!!

Anonymous

Try tucking that one baby!!!!!

Darling we three are going to be IN the film!
      HR 💋💋

The poll could always include a description of Bovril and Marmite and perhaps have images of the bottles they come in. The US equivalents might come under different but similar packaging maybe.
      HR 💋

The poll could always include a description of Bovril and Marmite and perhaps have images of the bottles they come in. The US equivalents might come under different but similar packaging maybe.
      HR 💋

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Your Choice…..Hot Dog or Hamburger’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?