- April 26, 2022 at 3:06 pm #641489Terri JohnsonParticipantRegistered On: April 28, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 39Has thanked: 368 timesBeen thanked: 215 times
I was looking back at some pictures the other day and noticed two different blouses which showed up on several separate outings/occasions (and yes, I realize it was over a period of several years 😲 – I guess buying “classic” items makes things last – that’s the story I am going with 😉). Anyway, I realized my confidence/comfort level goes up when I wear them. Do any of you have similar outfits that you just “know” this is going to look good in a picture, while you are out, or just sitting at home?
- This topic was modified 5 months ago by Gabriela Romani. Reason: Poll not applicable
- June 1, 2022 at 11:24 am #649463Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 515Has thanked: 1653 timesBeen thanked: 2286 times
- June 1, 2022 at 4:41 am #649335Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 327Has thanked: 359 timesBeen thanked: 844 timesGo-to outfit(s), well sort ofIf I were to stand looking at my closet I would not pick any one outfit, how could I? Now if I look at my photos and Diary I think you would see a clear “casual outfit” winner and a clear “dress” winner and a few pair of shoes are also evident.Not to bore you with details but I am an always out in public person and never dress and stay in. I am extremely comfortable in my style and with how I want to project myself as a female and feel I’ve done well. My goal when shopping is to buy styles that I feel will last versus trendy. I also stay away from lower cost clothes because they never seem to fit my body as well and don’t last.The dress outfit is a blue and white floral tiered skirt from White House Black Market which I usually accompany with a ruched black tank and shrug, shoes are a nude heel but often from Aubrey Brooke (I think that’s what they are). I always get compliments or multiple compliments from women with this on. There is a pic in my pictures here.The casual outfit winner are my Lucky brand skinny jeans, often wearing a super cute black T with dark orange polka dots. Tons of shoe options but a pair of black Booties set it off for me. Add a clean zip hoodie and instant classy casual look. I think there is a pic of this here to.
- May 31, 2022 at 1:01 pm #649219Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 127Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 623 times
- May 31, 2022 at 8:51 am #649158
- April 28, 2022 at 3:29 pm #641935Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 40Replies: 576Has thanked: 2073 timesBeen thanked: 2784 times
As far as “ go to “ outfits I’d have to say for just chill’n out femme or would have to be one of my jean skirts. With pantyhose of course and a nice comfy top. Little slash of perfume and I’m good. But really I love all my feminine attire.
- April 28, 2022 at 1:25 pm #641911Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 766Has thanked: 51955 timesBeen thanked: 1896 times
Great topic Terri. When I started buying outer clothes for my initial steps “out of the closet”, I choose the classic styles of wrap dresses and black pencil skirts. They were my “go to” outfits for attending my first CD/TG support group meetings.
- April 28, 2022 at 7:30 am #641850Opal DreamLadyRegistered On: March 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 103Has thanked: 169 timesBeen thanked: 342 times
- April 28, 2022 at 4:33 am #641811
- April 27, 2022 at 1:55 pm #641725Jasmine AndrewsLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 83Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 272 times
Lee rider jeans, bra, forms, cami and tee, and trainers for just doing errands or hanging around the house, although for some reason I like to substitute heels for the trainers when I vacuum…. The upright vacuum gives me something for balance, and the heels help me pivot, at least that’s what I tell myself.
- April 27, 2022 at 1:44 pm #641721LeahBaronessRegistered On: June 13, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 353Has thanked: 6846 timesBeen thanked: 1471 times
- April 27, 2022 at 11:56 am #641699Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 472Has thanked: 1201 timesBeen thanked: 1987 times
99% of my wardrobe is romantic lingerie and I think I look great in each outfit, but if I had to pick one above all of the rest I’d have to go with my white lace/chiffon bridal negligee/nightgown. It’s so romantic looking, my boyfriend *loves* seeing me in it, I look and feel like a bride coming to bed on her wedding night and it gives me so much confidence from how beautiful I look and feel in it especially knowing that my boyfriend and I will be intimate that night. I love all of my romantic lingerie and feel special in all of it but there’s something about that negligee that is #1 for me. I consider myself very passable in all of my lingerie and feel like a beautiful woman in anything I wear to bed.
- April 27, 2022 at 9:40 am #641660Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 374Has thanked: 3993 timesBeen thanked: 1987 times
My “go to” outfit on a daily basis is the modified uniform I wear at work, where I am “she” fulltime. But after work and on the weekends is what really matters, so let’s go there. My “go to” is a pair of yoga pants that nicely show off my legs and the fact I am blessed with a rather feminine butt and thighs. That goes with a nice top or a t-shirt, underneath it all is a bra and a thong or nice pair of panties, and maybe a camisole. After all these years I find that I’m not that interested anymore in wearing skirts or dresses, same goes for wearing shoes with anything over 2 to 3 inch heels. The ankles just don’t like it anymore, whereas my flats are actually more comfy than a pair of old slippers. The shape of my feet fits into a pair of flats perfectly, so that has become my “go to” for footwear, I just bought another pair that are cheetah print with a gold bow on the toe of the shoe, they fit like a glove!
Love you all,
- April 27, 2022 at 9:15 am #641653BrielleDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 487Has thanked: 2444 timesBeen thanked: 2053 times
Hi Terri, it is like some others have said- depends on my mood. For totally casual, skinny jeans or black zip leggings with a tiny tee or pullover sweater. if i’m in the mood for a skirt i got a great knit dress at Keystone from consignment swap (free) with a matching light cardigan and low heels. of course pantyhose too. these outfits are on my public photos if anyone is interested.
- April 27, 2022 at 8:08 am #641641Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 158Has thanked: 316 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
I think we all have a favorite piece or outfit that always seems to work and never lets us down. For me, there is so often a look I want to achieve or a piece of clothing I want to wear, and when I try it, it just doesn’t work. I think this makes those items and looks that do work feel extra special. Here are a few items that are my favorites.
White, button front blouse. Basically a men’s shirt with a feminine cut. It always looks good, no matter what I pair it with. My favorite pairing is with a dark red pencil skirt, though paired with some black faux leather leggings looks pretty good too.
A cardigan sweater. I find these are really nice for smoothing out the mismatch between my shoulders and my hips, and the long sleeves hide my “man hands.”
I have a reddish, brown, faux leather “paper bag” style skirt that looks great with a black long sleeve, ribbed turtle neck. It makes me look like I have hips and it’s so comfortable (though it needs a slip if I wear it with tights because it’s got a thin fleece lining, perfect for colder weather.)
I am a firm believer that a pair of beige heels is as essential as an LBD.
- April 27, 2022 at 7:42 am #641636Jenny JonesLadyRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 205Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 843 times
I tend to try and mix it up as much as possible, but I do have one or two dresses that I tend to enjoy wearing out. Short sleeves to help hide the shoulders, bottom down to my knees to help hide the extra padding I need. Of course, tights or pantyhose to give my legs that extra bit of feminine and hide some features. A few flats that I wear to not give me the height heels would. And to top it all of a nice black purse, cause black goes with nearly everything lol
- April 27, 2022 at 7:22 am #641635Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 77Has thanked: 635 timesBeen thanked: 320 times
It depends on my mood in the morning some days I have this little black dress, it’s short has slits to show some sexy leg, and from time to time will add a slip to show some lace too and of course always with a silky pair of hose and looking in the mirror is fun to see how good I look.. But most days I just put on one of my LuLaRoe dress’s and that’s my all day wear. There is no way I could pass like some of you do, and the pictures I’ve seen you look great but I would look like one of the guy’s in the Bud lite commercial going out for ladies nite LOL
- April 27, 2022 at 5:55 am #641608Natasha InaskirtLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 108Has thanked: 164 timesBeen thanked: 541 times
- April 27, 2022 at 5:13 am #641599ChristyLadyRegistered On: July 29, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 78Has thanked: 915 timesBeen thanked: 139 times
- April 27, 2022 at 3:21 am #641578Foxy FemmeLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 44Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 212 times
I have a twist front dress that’s kinda cheap looking but still super cute. It’s the first dress I bought after I decided to stop purging clothes. I don’t take photos in it but it is my feel good “eat ice cream and watch romcoms” dress 😁
- April 26, 2022 at 11:46 pm #641556Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 122Replies: 1101Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4409 times
Though I cant wear them “going to the shops” I especially enjoy my 3 “Mother of The Bride” outfits. Especially the two that are 3 piece ensembles.
Closely followed by by various skirt and blouse combinations, which I do/will wear, (post Covid)”going to the mall”.
If its cool enough, I have several drop waist cardigans which assist in hiding my lack of female hips and “rear end”.
Oh and I almost forgot, cant leave out the “Clever Secretary” look. Black skirt, jacket, hose and shoes
Minimal jewellery and a black handbag to finish it all off.
- April 26, 2022 at 6:45 pm #641526
- April 26, 2022 at 6:27 pm #641524Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 855Has thanked: 689 timesBeen thanked: 3607 times
I have so many skirts and tops, and some dresses as well. Not every top goes with every skirt. Not every skirt or top goes with every season. I have long velvet skirts and dresses that I can’t wear in the summer, and tank tops an miniskirts that I’m unlikely to wear in the winter.
Not every outfit goes with every occasion. Some pieces are casual, some casual to dressy, some tops I wear as a guy, some pieces dressy, some pieces cocktail outfits, some pieces are sparkly, some pieces are formal.
All that said, how can I say I have a go-to outfit? It depends on the weather, the occasion, my mood, or if I just feel like I want to wear one piece and just have to find another to go with it.
- April 26, 2022 at 4:35 pm #641508Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 199Has thanked: 758 timesBeen thanked: 699 times
- April 26, 2022 at 3:32 pm #641498Amy CatrelleLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 211Has thanked: 548 timesBeen thanked: 940 times
I’m very much at the start of my crossdressing journey so I have yet to find my ‘signature’ outfit. Having quickly outgrown a white and pink girlie-girl thing I find myself drawn to either a goth look or 50s pin-up style (both need work!). So at the moment I’m enjoying experimenting with different clothes as and when the mood takes me. I do love my Grace Karin dresses though!
PS. Don’t expect any pictures for a while, this “work in progress” is going as fast as a government infrastructure project…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.