Viewing 32 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

This might be a stupid topic but I’m curious about everyone’s stories about how they came up with the names they choose and if anyone helped them choose!

Diana W
      Lady

My crossdressing adventure began just a few days ago.  I knew my feminine persona needed a name.  My male name is Dave so I wanted a feminine name that started with the same first letter.  The obvious one is Davinia, but I just don’t like that name and it didn’t feel right.  So I thought about Dorothy and that didn’t fit either.  Then I thought what about Diana?  It was like a bell rang in my head.  So, Diana it is.  I love the name and I love my feminine side!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Not stupid at all Vanessa.  With myself, it was simple.  Steve = Stevie.  And my childhood and adult hood dream girl  …. ahhhh.  Anyway,

Last names just a rhythm.   🙁

Stevie

Anonymous

I am a simple girl and picked a simple name and it felt right.

Hi Vanessa,

Amanda – I just really like the song.

Rakers – That was my mother’s family name(really and truly). I took her name to honor her. She allowed me to dress as a girl with never an admonition.

Anonymous

That’s awesome of your mom!
      my mom would disown me if she seen me dressed 😥😪

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

It started back when my mother teased me as a teenager about my long hair and would quite offern say with my hair “your the daughter l never had I should be calling you Stephanie” since it does relate to my name. Then my wife as her middle name is Stephanie and she when deciding a name suggested Stephanie.  So after all this Stephanie for me was the likely choice. 😁🌷

Hi Vanessa my name Stephanie came out from a girlfriend I had when in my young teen years she was so pretty then mom and aunt decided as a Halloween costume one year they cross-dressed me and went for the nines with sexy dress and all undies to go with it then wig heels and wow the make up they done on me I was a hot woman for my age and then they called me Stephanie as my pretty girlfriend and it stuck  thanks for bringing out old wonderful memories.

Stephanie Bass

Its a good topic Vanessa that comes back around occasionally.

My first name came from the strong and striking female character portrayed in the long running tv series Law and Order SVU, and it fit perfectly from the first try. The last name was simple, Olivia is here and ‘Livin’😉

My first femme name was Jill… I always liked the name and thought it was classy…..

I settled on Laura because I thought that Laura Bush was a good feminine role model.. I thought she was pretty and dignified… I tacked on Jane and then last name Moore….. no real reasons except. that Laura Jane Moore has a nice ring to it…..

Very simple…

I am Donald, but Donna never really appealed to me. I have no idea why. However, I wanted a name that started with D. I’m a serious motorsports fan; have been since childhood. What I remembered was that Mario Andretti’s wife, who has since passed away, was Dee Ann. I chose that, but without the space, in the hope that people would pronounce the whole name. Mostly that has been the way it worked out…

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Close to 40 years ago, my ex and I were baby sitting for a couple going out to a formal event.

When they arrived with kids in tow, “Mrs” looked absolutely stunning. Flawless hair and make up and  wearing a gorgeous apricot chiffon, full length gown

Her name.. well of course it was “Catherine”, these days shortened back to Caty.

That gown was probably what got me into formal wear and of course, my profile photo has been in a gown of similar colour

I’m not sure where the second name Louise came from, but with a good Irish surname like Ryan, perhaps Catherine Louise is a “good Catholic gel”.

Ironic really, cos I’m nowhere near a regular church goer…

Caty

Hi Vanessa, thanks for the question. My name is simply the female version of my male name, and it sounded so right. I chose my last name so nobody would be able to connect my female name to my male name. The two together sound really good.

Love, Stephanie ❤️

TJ are the initials of my surname, and Laber-Tea is a more draggy version of TJ’s surname Liberty. I’d like to perform drag one day, so had make it a bit more ‘edgy’ lol

Hi Vanessa I think choosing the name instead of accepting the name given is so important. It says a lot about how we prefer to addressed. I loved the feeling I got when my girl friend and her best friend put my hair up and styled it with pretty flowers like them. My girl friend at the time said ” you look like a Stephanie” if only she knew how much I felt like a Stephanie at the time. It a cute very feminine girl name

My sister and one of her best friends gave me my name and it sounded okay to me.  I was 5 the day they slipped a pair of panties and a sundress on me.  It didn’t take them long to just add an ‘a’ to the end of my boy name.  Everything just felt right at the  moment they let me see myself in the mirror, even adding a blue daisy plastic barrette to hold my hair back on the right side.  I was mesmerized to see that young girl looking back from that mirror, maybe it was a magic mirror, who knew.  I could now go and play Barbie’s with my sister and her friends and not have to worry about the police seeing me (as a boy)playing with dolls and being sent away to reform school.  All the girls knew it was against the law someplace, so they hid me.

PaulaF

Hello Vannessa,                         Probably told this story before, but let me refresh it again.  My first girlfriend at school [around 14 years old] was named Helen, so the first part of my name. The second part, was named after the girl next door, Marie. She was 5 when she moved in & I watched her grow up untill about the age of 25 she moved away. So I put the two together & hence Helenmarie.      love,  Helenmarie

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Vanessa, I enjoy telling the story about my name.  My Mom gave it to me just before she passed away.  Mom always wanted to have a daughter.  She told me many times that I was supposed to have been born a girl and she had a name picked out for me.  So I asked her, what would she have named me if I was a girl.  She immediately responded “Krista”.  I loved it immediately.  When I was a young boy, Mom loved doing “girly” things with me much to my extremely traditional father’s displeasure.  I always got along much better with my Mom.  I miss the connection we had.  Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Elaine
      Duchess

Lady Elaine was my favorite character in Mr Rogers Neighborhood.

Anonymous

Aww Krista that is such a sweet story your mom sounded like an amazing women and great mom. Thanks for sharing:)

Jaiylyn
      Lady

Vanessa, I think it’s a fine topic. My name, JaiymeLynne comes from a girl I had a crush on once, but I spell so different, plus its similar to my given name. I added the Lynne for fun. I’ve always loved female L names.  It is an adventure/journey we are on and I wanted a name that was distinctive, like me…lol.

JaiymeLynne

Anonymous

i took the name Giselle after a friend of my wife’s. She was a beautiful French Canadian girl,who i wished i could be her

Anonymous

My name comes from a very sweet, innocent, kind & caring TV character who also had a simplicity about her beauty. I admired her very much. I have viewed every episode too many times to count & have always longed to be so much like her in looks and character.

As you may recall, she was shipwrecked on a tiny island with 6 other castaways. It seemed that no matter what life threw at her she always brushed it off her shoulder & emerged with a smile and a kind word. I so wish I could be very much like that girl from Winfield Kansas… Mary Ann Summers.

Anonymous

Mine just popped into my head one Sunday evening about ten years ago.With work looming the next day my thoughts turned to all things feminine to relieve the tension of the thoight of another week of drudgery.I just thought that Roberta would be a nice cute name.For years my femme name was Belinda a name that I loved but it was a nice idea to toy around with other names.Since that day I am Roberta.It’s a pretty name and I hope that when I am dressed as my alter ego I am as pretty as my name.My accepting wife seems to think so.She calls me by my girl name when I am drssed which is great.If a good fairy turned me into a real woman or if I had a sex change,I would not hesitate to call myself Roberta.It so much a part of me and will stay with me forever.

Mine is a combination of my name, my lady friend’s name, an activity of her, and that we both enjoy hence the ‘e’ my dressing.  The last name from the Roseanne show.

Years ago I watched Blake Edwards “Switch” in which an MCP is killed by three female acquaintances and sent back to earth.  When phoning his best friend, he said something like, “I am a man …. I am Amanda.”

I love puns like this, so when I had to choose a name, I also came up with a pun.  My male name can be nicknamed to Al, so I chose, partly as a humiliation and partly as a reminder that I am not really a girl, “Al is son.”

Now there are several ways to spell the name.  The way I would have preferred is Alisson, but this spelling is almost never used as a given name, and only occasionally used as a surname.  The common spelling, Allison, breaks down more to “All is son” (double using  the “s”), which is not what I want.  So the closest is Alison, which if double using the s, comes up with what I wanted.  Funny thing is, I accepted the name without the pun or double entendre.

My surname was chosen because of the street I grew up on.  While not intentional, it also matches the first letter of my surname.

Hi Vanessa.  No, this isn’t a stupid topic at all, hon.  With me, the first name just popped into my head one night about 20 years ago, it felt right & it stuck.  The rest came about through time.  Middle name (Karana) was taken from the Scott O’Dell book “Island Of The Blue Dolphins”, too exotic for a first name (for me, at least) but perfect for a middle name.  Last name is my male middle name with an S added.

HI Vanessa this is not a stupid topic.

I am lucky I have a name that can be used for either gender thus pat became Patty.

I could have stuck with pat but Patty makes me feel more feminine.

Thank you for asking.

Patty

Anonymous

Linda was the first name of a teacher I had in 9th grade.  I was 13 when I lost my virginity, courtesy of time spent with her on the ground under the football bleachers.  She caught me peeking up her skirt during the game, which was easy to do with her sitting 2 rows behind me and wearing a very short mini-skirt.   She took me by the hand and led me around to the back of the bleachers while telling me that she was going to “teach me a lesson”.  I’ll spare you the details, but I will say that I chose the name of Linda both to thank and honor her, as well as to help me keep the memory alive of that heavenly afternoon.  Spurred on by the recent death of Mary Kay LeTorneau, I felt compelled to write this to show that all romantic relationships between young boys and some of their promiscuous teachers don’t turn out badly.  In fact, I flunked her class deliberately so I would have to repeat 9th grade and have her for another year.  My little scheme back-fired however.   I got sent to summer school and as a result started 10th grade that following fall.  10th grade and up was in another part of town, so I couldn’t be with her anymore.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I began dressing fully femme at 18. It was a lifelong dream come true for me, finally getting to wear all the wonderful clothes I had wanted for so long. I had my won place, so I was able to buy a lot of clothes ad wear them often in the house. I loved it and soon after go the desire to go out dressed. That was scary and took a lot of attempts before I finally did it. I was so nervous but I loved it so much, going out as often as possible became a passion and love for me.

I got an opportunity to go to a Halloween party at college.of course I was going to take the opportunity to go fully femme. I wore on of my favorite and sexiest outfits consisting of very shiny sheer to waist pantyhose, stilettos heels and a very short blue dress with a fantastic long wavy hair, dirty blonde wig. I was so scared and so excited.

When I got to the door I was asked my name or what I was. I gave my name as Debbie Daniels after tow girls I really worshiped. That night I got lots of compliments and got hit on quite aggressively by both guys and girls. I was very surprised but very pleased with all the attention I was getting. That night, I also won “best legs” and “sexiest costume”, another shock and surprise. I also met other dressers there who befriended me and invited me to party with them. They used to have their own theme and fetish parties and thought and thought I might like to be part of it.

I began going to all those parties. When I got asked my name, I kept giving them Debbie Daniels. Then one time since I always wore nice pantyhose, I was given a name tag that said Panty Hose. That was cute and I was happy with it. The next party I was given the Panty Hose name tag again, I was happy to be known as Panty Hose. Then one party the “n” was written kind of small so it looked like Paty Hose. Then along the way somewhere my name morphed into Patty Phose. I liied it so I kept it.

When I went to college, my ex class mate’s name was Wendy.  She was attractive and an extremely well dressed person.  She could make a simple t shirt and jeans look incredible, it is the way she wears clothes that makes her look impeccable, and I’ve always liked the way she dressed.  So that is where my first name comes from.

I am a HUGE Taylor Swift fan, I just love her songs, her outfits, hairstyle, and on stage presence.  She connects with her fans, and a good strong work ethic.  That is where my last name comes from.

Anonymous

So when I signed up to this site I shortened my first name to Jo… my second name was already in use , Jett popped in my head … so here we are… Jo Jett!!

Hi,

My name for years was DESIREE`. When night I started watching “BREAKING BAD” which was on NETFLIX and the lead female actress name was SKYLAR, I had never heard that name and fell in love with it, and so Skylar was born.  All my gurl friends loved it.  I love it too.

Skylar

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?