Viewing 51 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I bet you remember your very first woman’s garment.  Did you buy it?   What was that like?

Here’s my story.  I really wanted a pair of L’eggs pantyhose.  The ones that came in a silver egg (dating myself).  I walked in the pharmacy and saw the display ( I swear my heart was racing at 200 bpm!!).   I thought I was going to pass out.  I waited for everyone to clear and then I went for it..  grabbed an egg and ran to the counter.   The check out went on forever because they couldn’t find the price.   The checker says this on the intercom…. “Price check on Legg’s pantyhose!!”    Now I think I’m really going to pass out.  The checker looks at me and I’m sweating like a river.   After an eternity, I pay for the hose and run to my car with my silver egg in hand.  In the car I realize I’ve bought the xtra small pair.    I didn’t know they came in different sizes!!   Duh!!   By now  I didn’t have the courage to go back in..  I went home and tried to make my extra small pair of hose fit without any success.

It sounds like me although I did know about the size difference I took a deep breath and walked to the counter and if anyone said anything I would say they were for my sister who is about my size maybe a little taller everything went very smoothly
      Peace
      Jennifer

Hi Jess as was a young teen also went to a goodwill store with mom and she helped Stephanie grow so we went shopping and she helped pick out a few things a dress  a skirt amd a cute top i had to pay but she helped pick them in my size ..

Stephanie Bass

Hi Jess!!
      Great topic…and a story I am pretty sure many sisters can relate. I had to think about it and I knew it was in the beginning of the 80s just before the preppy and copy Princess Di eras.
      I was married a couple years and my wife and I were reasonably close in size—both of us slender and young!!—and there was a full page ad in the news paper’s weekly fashion section for Lands End. They featured three 20 something girls wearing the new preppy look. All wearing ruffled blouses and I think some complimentary skirts or bermudas… all in some outdoor place and the ad in B&W.
      So there was one of maybe 2-3 within an hour that I went to.
      I always opened with “hi I need to get a blouse my wife saw in some ad. She liked it and I am getting blah blah blah, uh for her birthday “.. I think…lol
      So the store person took me to the blouses and there it was, a ruffled Peter Pan collar, matching ruffles on the placket and French cuffs. But it was in beige, not in white. Well it was a b&w ad, and the person said this blouse came in white)yeah!!) but sold out.
      I bought it and gave it to my wife as a hey hon, saw this and thought it would look great on you.
      All of my recall of words here are paraphrasing.
      So it hung in her closet and just like I was 12-13 and snuck into my sisters closet for a white blouse I borrowed it from my wife often when alone.
      Best to all of you!
      Jaime

I so remember those early days. I would go into the dept. store looking left and right for the lingerie dept. They always seemed to hide it in the back corner. I would slowly make my way there with my heart pounding in my throat. I would then pace back and forth as though I was lost, all the while taking quick glances down every isle looking for pantie racks or nightgowns.

Once I spotted the treasures I was looking for I would make several passes quickly down the aisle in hopes I would spot something I really liked. It then was one more pass around the lingerie dept and then down the aisle, grab my selection and take it to the counter in hopes of checking out quickly.

Looking back on what I thought was being stealthy was probably drawing more attention than I was aware of.

One of my first purchases was a nightgown. When I got it to the counter the gal said to me, “You know that is a maternity gown” No I didn’t but I also didn’t care. At the time I was too young to be married and buying a gown like that for my wife. If she would  have asked who I was buying it for I don’t think I would have had a good answer for her.

I also had an experience back in those early days just like yours. I was buying a pair of panties and she couldn’t find a price tag and held them up to another clerk asking for a price. Neither gal could find the price and I was getting very uncomfortable standing there. I was just about to give up and leave when she said to me, “I can’t find the price so I’m going to just give them to you” I thanked her so much, paid for my other purchases and left the store a very happy gurl.

Thank you for your post! It’s always nice to bring back old memories and then be able to share them.

Lacy

Krissy
      Lady

After wearing things that were other people’s, i can remember buying a pair of pretty polly tights from selfridges. This was way back in the late 1970s. Xx

My first purchase was a pair of high heels. One day while walking through the mall I spotted a pair of pretty heels in the window of a women’s shoe store. I felt compelled to go in and look. As I was looking at them, one of the young gals working there asked me if she could help me, I searched for a good reason I would be looking at femme shoes. I told her they were for my wife. She then asked what size she wore. I was stumped. I blurted out; she wears the same size I do. That sounds so stupid now. She looked at me and commented on how my wife must be a large gal?

Since I was unsure of her size, the gal told me to sit down, she would help me out. She brought me the shoes in a women’s 12 and handed me a nylon ped. I was really excited and really nervous. She seemed to be enjoying this as much as I did.

Long story short. I bought them and as I left, she winked and told me to enjoy.

My first purchase was pantyhose as well hun.  And yes at first I was so nervous but after a couple times I didn’t care anymore.
      thanks

Ashley

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My first time I also bought pantyhose from JC Penney. I was 13. I knew exactly what I wanted. I walked in the store and went right over to the pantyhose. I was so excited about getting my brand new sheer to waist pantyhose in my size with no runs or holes in them.

A sales lady came over and helped me. I didn’t need help but she was pretty insistent and helpful. I picked out the pantyhose I wanted. She checked the size, bought them over to the register, rand them up and bagged them. I went in JC Penney many more times to buy pantyhose. She would usually help me if she saw me.

My first purchase of Legg’s in the little eggs was less involved. I went into a convenience store, went to the pantyhose display and chose a few pairs of Sheer Energy with the sheer panty, paid for them and left.

JC Penney and Legg’s was what I wore most back then. I would alternate the brands I purchased. I never was nervous about buying them. I was usually excited to be getting them and looking forward to putting them on.

I do remember my first purchase(s). My first was a broomstick skirt at Sears, ya that store is long gone now. I didn’t find it difficult at all, if anyone asked I’d say it was a gift.

However, one of my favorite purchases:

Several years (and simple purchases like that later) I saw this amazing red dress in the window of a small bridal shop I had driven by on my way to work. One day I mustered up the guts to go in and look at it. I made sure it was late in the day, near closing time for the shop and there was no one else there. The small shop owner was very pleasant and to my amazement, quite accommodating. The dress I was looking at was no longer in the window though. It was hanging near the register, which made it easier to assess. she asked if I was looking for something specific and all I could say was “something like this” as I pointed to the dress. She then asked if it was for me. I started to sweat, and was not sure how to answer, I said yes. I was shocked that she didn’t flinch at my answer. She then said well this one has sold, as she started to show me similar dresses that were in the shop. It was a small shop, so the in house selection was limited. She then pulled out catalogs for all the dresses she was able to order. At this point I felt somewhat relaxed and decided, if I don’t commit now I never will. She showed me the exact dress that was hanging there and said if you want to order one in your size I could have it in less than 2 weeks. It was a very voluminous tulle Qunceanera gown similar to this;

https://www.morilee.com/product/quinceanera-dresses/valencia/rhinestone-and-crystal-beaded-embroidery-on-a-tulle-ballgown-3/

I was shocked it would be so fast. We continued to talk, what about, I can not remember as my mind was filled with the idea if wearing that beautiful dress. After some time talking, and going back and forth, I decided that I would buy that same dress in my size. She proceeded to take my measurements to verify the correct size. I then asked her about a petticoat. She said she could order that as well, I responded with, “one without hoops but it needed to be very poofy”. After placing the order she said she would give me a call when it arrived.

A couple days after the 2 weeks she called to let me know the dress was in. I was so excited I wanted to run over there right away. Again I waited to the end of the day, as I didn’t want to be in the shop with other people. As I walked in the door I could see my dress hanging there near the dressing rooms. It was freshly steamed and looked so pretty. the owner of the shop greeted me and asked if I would want to try it on to be sure everything was acceptable. Again I started to sweat, and said yes please. She showed me to the dressing room where she also had the petticoat. OMG this petticoat was so big it could stand on its own. It was huge, and practically filled the whole changing room. I proceeded to put everything on. As I finished, she said that she would help lace up the back. I knew there was no one else in the shop so I stepped out to let her finish. All while I was looking in the trifold mirror at this glorious dress on me. She decided it needed a small alteration on the back of the neck clasp. she whipped out her needle and thread and added 2 more clasps all while I was wearing in this huge dress. At this point I was getting nervous as it is taking more time than I expected and I was afraid someone would walk in. By the time she finished I felt quite comfortable being in the dress, and a lot less nervous. I SOOO wanted to wear the dress home, but I decided to change out of the gown and she packed it all up form me to take home.

Since then I bought a couple other gowns there, sadly the shop is now closed.

I hope you all enjoy that story. as that is one I will never forget.

~Charris

Very much enjoyed

My first experiences with wearing women’s clothes was trying on my aunt’s prom dresses in my grandparents’ basement. I’ve loved gowns and crinolines ever since. When I bought a used weddings dress I had a local costume shop alter it and they were amazingly accommodating. It’s wonderful when people understand ‘ it’s all about the dress’! I still have it and the HUGE crinoline that made it so lovely.

Anonymous

Target. Got 2 bras that didn’t fit that well, a slip, I think a pair of tights, and some panties from either Hanes or FOTL (they were everyday pairs). Then went to Torrid and purchased a simple black dress.

White lace panties, tight on the bottom. I still can’t resist when I see a nice pair.

My first garment was a dress in a thrift store. I was walking toward the men’s polo shirts when something made me stop and look at the dresses. One of them caught my eye. I went into the changing room and tried it on. I looked in the mirror and it looked beautiful. I took the tag off, and walked out and paid for it, telling the clerk I would wear it out the door, which I did. I walked to my car, got in, and drove home. “The rest is history.”

Fredrika XOX

I also bought pantyhose as my first store purchase. I was in my early twenties.I can’t remember the brand, maybe Hanes, I think they came in a plastic wrapping . I was single at the time and doing my grocery shopping. I didn’t think it would be a big deal to just casually walk by the pantyhose selection and grab a pair and stick it in with the other groceries. I was still very nervous. I think it was just luck that I got the right size. I couldn’t wait to get home and try them on. It had been awhile worn pantyhose and my very own besides. Until then it was my sister or Mother’s that I borrowed meaning I stole them. It felt incredible to put on a new pair. I shaved my legs for the first time shortly after that. That was a whole nothing incredible feeling.

My first purchase was a long line bra at JC Penney. I had a good idea about size and decided i wanted to buy one. I went to the store and i thought i wasnt going to get it cause my body was shaking and my heart was going wild. I managed to calm down when the sales lady came to assist me in my purchase. We looked over several sizes and styles before i settled on one. She rung up my purchase and told me to enjoy and have a good day. I think she knew i was shopping for me. Now i shop at Lane Bryant and Torrid with no problem.

My only experience wearing women’s clothes was my sister dressing me up as a little kid and then later as a teen wearing her underwear. It was very exhilarating for me to go through her drawers when she was out and put on her underwear. I was very taken with the idea of actually being a girl, which I now know is called autogynephelia. I would put a maxi pad in her panties as I put the on and imagine what it would be like to actually need one. I guess I had learned recently about girl’s cycles and that triggered that feeling. That only lasted a couple of years and somehow just stopped.

Decades later the thought of wearing women’s panties again came and I eventually went to a Walmart a couple of towns away. I was feeling the rushing heartbeat and nervousness as I shopped. At the same time I wanted to be done and out, but yet to continue shopping for my women’s wear. I eventually chose a skimpy thong and hurried through the checkout and out to my car. I couldn’t wait to feel it on me. I stealthily slipped off my shorts and wriggled into my new thong right there in the Walmart parking lot. It felt wonderful; both thrilling and calming. That started me back on my path of crossdressing. I still feel some small tension when shopping for women’s clothing, but now it’s mostly just a feeling of belonging as I sort through the racks. It’s where I belong…

Lady hugs,
      Catherine

Anonymous
      Lady

I remember those Leggs eggs. Back in the 70’s -80’s pantyhose was in fashion and you could buy them everywhere. There were multiple colors, shades, and sizes. Today the selection in stores are way less. They were so easy to pick up it was no problem at all getting them. I used to love the sheer energy types.

I don’t remember the very first fem purchase I ever made but it was probably a bra. Of course I used the getting it for my girlfriend excuse. I know a few times I was so nervous it was obvious that it was for me which brought giggles and laughs from the cashier then I would get embarrassed and turn beet red which didn’t help the situation at all.

My first in store purchase was a few years ago so I remember it pretty well. It was a box of Leggs pantyhose, size Q, suntan. I had looked online and the store I was going to had one pair. I was also picking up a few other items we needed so I thought it would be easy. I got to the store, grabbed a shopping cart and off I went. I picked up a few items for cover and then headed to the women’s section. I did a couple of fly-bys making sure the coast was clear and swooped in. By this point my heart was racing. I get to the pantyhose isle and there are hundreds of the little boxes. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. So I am frantically searching and it seemed like it was taking forever, and now the entire store is spinning. I finally found the pair I was looking for, threw it in the cart and retreated. I did a self checkout so that part was easy.

Panties and bra not super sexy but my own. I was so nervous going through the checkout line. That was many years ago, it is funny i buy all kinds of womens clothing now and it dosen’t bother me at all. The older i get the less i care about what people think. Maybe one day soon i will be able to go shopping in full girl mode if i get the courage. Love to all of you my sisters

I am starting to feel the same way, A couple of days ago I went to Victoria’s Secret and tried on clothes in their dressing room and when I paid the cashier asked me if I wanted a gift receipt, I told her no that what is was buying was for me. I am really starting to not care what people think.

I was 24 years old and in the Army at training course at Fort McClellan, AL. I ended up buying two Playtex bras at a mini post exchange one afternoon. I bought two because I thought I would give myself away by just buying one. I was terrified that someone would question what I was doing, but no one seemed notice, or if they did they didn’t say anything.

Anonymous

Great story Jess.  I can relate to those “scary” moments.  It’s amazing how nervous we can become from a simple purpose.  Truth be known, the cashier could care less and so should we.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

My first garment purchased was a dress. I bought it mail order. I was living at home and got a catalogue. It was easy to do that as I bought other items but could sneak a purchase in. I had a little place I could hide them. I didn’t need hose or underwear as I ‘borrowed’ them. The catalogue was my main shop window as there was no internet then and bought a couple of dresses.

It was quite a while later when I came out that I was able to shop and choose my own clothes.

[postquote quote=623999]
      Wow, yours is a nearly carbon copy of my first experience Michelle.  Mine occurred in the very early ’80s and was with L’Eggs pantyhose, size Q in suntan too!  The only real difference was there was no online to locate them and no self checkouts at the store. 🙂
      *** Kayla ***

😊 Without the self checkout I’m afraid I would have chickened out and without the online part I wouldn’t have known what a size Q was. I still wish I could find pantyhose for taller girls.

I had to resort to the same ruses you did while in the store Michelle and while I was nervous as heck, it all went without a hitch.  I had the style and sizing down perfectly, I just bought the same pantyhose that my then recently departed GF used to dress me in!  (Another juicy chapter from my CD history that I’ll be sharing here sometime.)

*** Kayla ***

First purchase in person was 3 pairs cheap panties and bralett at walmart.  Heart beating like crazy while looking and trying to find the sizes etc.  Nothing fit well but it was cheap.  Still get excited to shop as I am still a newbi and just developing my wardrobe

I loved reading all of your responces. I remember the sheer terror. Apparently if you are trying to be discreet there is always a problem at the check out. Then they ask for a price check in the women dept. There are usually people behind you looking at that new dress and wondering. My first purchases were a number of dresses two pair of jeans six tops and a pair of heels. This was at a resale shop. I was scared to death already when the sales girl said these are womens items. I said I knew. She then announced that I was a man. I replied that I also knew that. She then said she didn’t know if this stuff would fit me and I replied I didn’t know either but asked why she cared. Then she asked if there were women in my house. And I replied yes there are. She asked these questions while checking me out. By then there were three other women patiently waiting in line. Nothing scared me after going thru that. I thought about walking out but thought that would really look suspicious

lol, I love those responses to the sales girl!

Way to hang in there Michelle, boy was that sales girl a busy-body!  These days if someone gave me that kind of third degree at checkout I’m sure I’d not so softly announce to them that “yes they’re for me and I can’t wait to start wearing them!” all with a big smile on my face. 🙂

*** Kayla ***

I would probably handle it differently today. To be honest I could have crawled in a hole if one was available. I have never had a negative experience since that first time

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Michelle.

I sympathize with you dear. That cashier was so nosy and wrong to treat you that way.

I once bought some skirts at a church run thrift store while in male mode. When I got to the cashier, she held up a leopard print pencil skirt for all to see and loudly said… “I’m surprised you could find anything to fit you”.

I was shocked as everyone, about 15 other people around me, giggled and laughed. I was caught off guard and turned beet red which brought on even more louder laughs. I never said a word and almost walked out but I was determined to get those skirts so I stood there in guilty shame. I wanted to punch that bitch. I still have those skirts and I never went back into that store.

This was also a church run store. Go figure. As far as that goes I have always purchased womens clothing for others. They either think they are clever or perhaps just dumb.

Lynda Jones
          Baroness - Annual

Michelle, The most narrow mind, judgemental, fault-finding, closed minded people you will ever meet are the good church people.
          Lynda

Mine was knickers and thigh high hold up stockings in local super market self service felt exciting and enjoyable.
      Charlotte

Anonymous

Same here Charlotte, I don’t know how many times I walked up and down that aisle before I could casually pick up the packets I wanted or for the girls to leave the checkout section before I could pay for the items.

Hugs

Wilma x

I had decided to drive to a nearby town and buy a dress. First I put on my bra and panties. Next I put on a pair of pantyhose. I put on a full slip and then tucked everything into a pair of jeans and a button down shirt. Then I grabbed my purse with some makeup and some rolled up socks. I grabbed a pair of heels for later and put on my winter coat. I was very nervous during the drive but was determined to get a pretty dress. After browsing for a few minutes an elderly woman asked if I needed help. I told her I was looking to buy my girlfriend a nice dress for her birthday. I ended up with a solid red dress with a full skirt. I drove out in the country and quickly took off my jeans and shirt, put the rolled up socks inside my bra and put on the dress.  Then I slipped on my black heels and sat back in the car and did my makeup. Then I drove to a park where I got out and walked for at least half an hour while I told myself I was going home dressed and tell my parents I want to be a girl. I was sixteen at the time. And yes I chickened out and changed clothes before going home. I loved that dress.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Thanks for sharing that delightful story.

Hugs, Liara

A beautiful story Jess.  My first purchase was a blue bra and panty set.  That was over 50 years ago.   I still have the panties, but have out grown the bra.  I cannot remember how I was feeling or acted when doing this purchase.

My first purchase was a complete outfit from a Lane Bryant store.

I had called to ask if they had any problem with a male coming in to buy clothes for him/ herself? The sales girl said it would not be a problem at all.

So I went in a few days later asked for the sales girl by name and she helped me pick out a cute skirt and top, lingerie to go with my outfit and even a nightie. After I left the store I went shoe shopping and found some nice pumps to go with the outfit.

Genivieve

My first nervous purchase was back in my teenage years from the local 5 & 10 store in town since I wanted a set of girl’s nylon panties similar to what Christine 1.0 was unwittingly revealing at the time, which conveniently came packaged in sets of 3: all white in one and the other colors (pink, light blue and yellow) in another. Please refer to my profile for the backstory behind this.

Christine

I didn’t buy anything until I was married.  Up until then, I had just borrowed from my mother, sister and girlfriend.  Once married, I was borrowing from my wife, and could wear most of her clothes (barely), but couldn’t wear her shoes.  So my first real purchase was a pair of low heels from K-Mart.  2 sizes too small, since I didn’t know that women’s sizes were men’s sizes plus 2, as it was a couple of years before the Internet.  It was also before self-checkout, so I had to take a deep breath, face my fear and head to the checkout lane.  I did come up with a plan, though – I detoured through the birthday card aisle and grabbed a card that said Happy Birthday to my Wife.  I made sure it was face up on the shoebox, so it would seem I was buying them for her.
      I did this a few more times, buying another pair of shoes, pantyhose, lipstick and some clip on earrings.

Buying a brithday card. Great thinking. Wish I would have thought that.

One of my first purchases was a red bustier from Fredericks of Hollywood. I was walking through the mall and saw it in the window. I went inside and the SA asked me if I needed help. Told her that I wanted to buy it for my girlfriend. She then asked it I knew her size. I replied that she was about the same size as me. She then said “Honey is it for you?” I then said “You got me”. After that  she was very helpful and measured me for the right fit.

My first purchase was when I was 16, I always liked my sister’s bodysuit with the snaps in the crotch. So I bought a pretty light blue on that I felt would fit me. I brought it to the female cashier and she told me to enjoy my purchase. I tried to act like it wasn’t for me but she knew better. If I had to do it over I would say that I will enjoy it.

I still remember my first purchase well.

In my early 20’s it was a powder blue silk and lace pair of bikini panties at a lingerie store in PA

I was so nervous but excited at the same time

I really love this topic and brought me back to my early years of dressing. I had always worn Moms under things in my early teens until I graduated high school. Moms and older sister were my only to go to try new things on. After heading to college dorm (late 70’s), i did not dress for 2 years. After transferring schools, i was lucky to afford an apartment with a roommate. Well i waited for him to leave for home for the weekend (seemed like forever) and decided to check out the lingerie store I spotted once driving around. Was not sure if i would actually go in but was very excited & nervous just to look. I parked and walked by on friday night but there was alot of traffic and i did not go in, but saw this amazingly sexy lingerie set. Thought about it all night because it was a very sexy naughty white lace bra/panty/garter belt set in the window with white stockings. I set out in the morning parked and must have walked by it 10 times until i had the nerve to go in. I made myself go inside and felt my heart pounding and was so nervous I almost walked out until the clerk asked what she could help with. Made up a story about my gf and said I really liked the set in the window. Of course she said it was the last one of the set and would have to take it off the display and such. She Asked about size but I just said yes and I felt like running out as it took what seemed like an hour as other people came in. I think she knew it was for me but i paid quickly and ran out. Needless to say I wore those sexy things until my roommate came home the next day. Lovely memories…

Revel
      Baroness

I first purchased dresses. One of my first purchases was a pretty dark blue dress. I still have it. 🙂

Hi everybody, In fact, I perfectly remember my first purchase of women’s clothing, it was black pantyhose and it was during my adolescence, at that time I “borrowed” my sister’s clothes, since I had no way to buy them, and what motivated me to buy my first pantyhose is that she didn’t have them because she doesn’t like them very much, and on the contrary, they fascinate me, so I decided to go buy them, although I had to do it in my masculine self, I remember that I used the pretext that they were a gift for my girlfriend , I was dying of nerves but I was able to control myself enough to make the purchase, even so it was quite an experience jaja,
      Grettings, Sofia

Anonymous

What a cute story! ..Such panic for doing something completely legal..!!?? Poor thing! lol

It’s much more empowering to walk up with full intent that you hand selected these items and pay accordingly, with a smile. – I’m sure you’re much more at ease now?

I’m not familiar with the egg thing, though. But it sounded like an intense situation you put yourself though!

Thanks for the share!

x Miss L x

Anonymous

A pair of Red Thigh High Boots with a 5″ heel I wore for a charity “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” was also part of my first out in public Halloween Costume I was Lola from Kinky Boots, still have them and wear them.    Sophie

Anonymous

I did that walk too!!!   Everyone one was amazed on how well I walked in heels.  I had to pretend to walk awkward to dismay suspicion.  J

Anonymous

Pantyhose, of course.

the first stuff i bought was actually a few weeks ago in an online store as i’m still on not brave enough to go shopping in an actual store. it where to skirts ( a blue one and an orchre one  and a black top ) one of the skirts and the top didn’t fit…..

I love these type stories honestly.

I think my first every purchase was some panties from Wal Mart, they come in a 6 pack, which was some hanes her way nylon hi cut panties and brief style panties, I also claimed a ladies shirt just to mix it up a bit. The next time comes years later, I had bought some vanity fair panites at Belk about 4 pair. I always sweat and get nervous when buying lady clothes.

Anonymous

Okay.  Put me down for pantyhose, too.  To be perfectly honest, I don’t recall the exact situation, or store, or brand, or even the year.  I had to have been in my late teens or early twenties, I suppose.  I just have a vague recollection of always looking at the displays in drugstores and department stores and eventually getting the nerve to buy some.

It wouldn’t have been the first time I wore them, or other lingerie for that matter, but I’m certain they would have my first purchase, because you could buy them almost anywhere, unlike bras or panties.

“Memory Lane is closed for repairs.”

Much love,

Raquel

Anonymous
      Lady

What a fun thread. I went on a solo camping trip. On the way, I stopped at a mall and went to one of those big department stores that malls always have. Bought a pair of fishnets. My heart was racing…full on tunnel vision 🤣. I didn’t even make it out of the mall, I went into the restroom and put them on under my pants for the long drive 🤦‍♀️.  Even though this memory is a sort of cringey, I had fun driving without shoes with one foot propped up on the dash and hanging out at my campsite wearing a comfy hoodie and stockings.

I was 24. Normally I ordered my stuff online because of fear of being seen by somebody who might know me. I made a move to a place I have never been before. Nobody there would know me. I go into Walmart to get some panties. That was all I wanted to get was panties. I started heading to where they were and I saw this beautiful hot pink nightgown that had my name written all over it. I have never bought anything like this before. Panties amd lipstick was as far as I wanted to go at this point, and like I said, I always ordered my stuff. But I had to have this nightgown. After I made sure nobody was around, I took it off the shelf and held it up to me to see if it might fit. It looked like it would so I decided to get it. Now I had to figure out how to hide it in my buggy. I went and got a few groceries, came back, and buried this nightgown under my groceries, forgetting I needed panties. Well, I couldn’t bury the nightgown and the panties, so I just went and got the panties and put them on top. I got ready to leave Wal-Mart and thought maybe I should get some lipstick, something else I normally ordered online. I get to that area of the store, nobody is there. I’m safe. I start looking at different shades when a woman comes down. Uh oh, its time for me to put one in my cart and leave. I walk pass her and she was like what color did you get. I showed her and she was like no, let me show you what shade you need. She was very polite and picked out me a shade. I was scared to death though. I go to the self checkout still nervous that the wrong person may see what I have and make a rude comment about it. Nobody did. Now all I had to do was get out of the store, just had to pass the door greeter. She looks at my receipt and has a funny look on her face. I grabbed my receipt from her and left. That was the last time I bought anything at that Wal-Mart and went back to buying stuff online for the next 5 or 6 years.

46 years ago I borrowed my fathers car to drive to the neighbourg town to buy a corselet I had seen in an ad, I got my corselet but I was so nervous that I even now 46 years later feel uncomfortable about it.

Puuuh my heart is beating real hard and fast right now sweaty hands too, LOL

Zoe
      Lady

My first purchase was panties. Silky, colourful, feminine panties.

Not actually a purchase. More like borrowed! Saw my friends moms lingerie hanging on the shower rod and that was it!! I touched her stockings and knew I had to have them. I snuck into her bedroom and found her lingerie drawer. I was in heaven. Panties,pantyhose,bras,stockings and garters!! I “borrowed” one of each and ran home as quick as I could!! Tried them on and couldn’t believe how “excited” I was!! From that day on I was hooked!

Anonymous

A panty raid!? You’re so bad! 🙂

Anonymous

I didn’t make my first purchase till I became an adult and was out on my own. I was just too scared to buy things online and didn’t want to risk being discovered by someone seeing the package when it arrived. So once I had my own place I ordered a few pairs of bras and panties from Walmart.

It was such a fun experience! It was the first time I had to measure myself and worry about what size I was getting. For the first time I was getting MY things and absolutely wanted them to fit!

After that purchase I bought a couple more pairs of each of the ones that fit the best and some jeans and t-shirts to wear over them. Never left my place, just dressed in the safety of my abode.

Anonymous

My first purchase was at a department store that had actual sales people give one-on-one help. I made up a story that my “wife” wasn’t feeling well that day and had sent me out to by some panties for her. The lady that helped me understood and gladly offered her assistance. “here’s some really cute ones!” she said. “Do you think she’ll like these?” “Oh, yes. Very much.” was my reply. I remember going home to try them on and I already had a full erection before even getting them on.

Having gone through several purges, hopefully no more, I think about the “first” item of each return. Here are a few of my favorites.

A blue, silky cami night gown.

A black and pink, lacy push up bra.

A silver satin mini skirt (one of the items I frequently miss after lost in a purge)

A red pencil skirt.

I didn’t start purchasing my own things until much later in life. I was able to borrow most of what I wore from my sister and later from my wives. It was easier than trying to stash a femme wardrobe.

I worked third shift at a small downtown hotel in Rochester after high school. At night I could go through the lost and found and try on things women had left behind. I had a nice little collection of pretty thing I found would fit me until the manager decided to clean up the back room.

Not until my ex and I purchased a house could I start collecting things for myself. When she outgrew her 36C bras they went into my stash. My first real just-for-me purchase was a waist cincher I totally fell in love with – a Lady Marlene in black lace with sturdy trolley garters! I saw it in a lingerie shop in Rochester. The lady there was very nice, measured me and help me find stockings. I drove home on Cloud 9! When my ex finally found I was crossdressing, it finally came out of the basement (as I came out of the closet) and got its own special place in my dresser.

Bobbi, what makes things worse is over 2 years ago, I went to a different Wal-Mart late one night, early one morning, pre-pandemic, to buy a whole bunch of panties. I have no idea why, but the only registers open were self checkout. Great, I can get what I want, pay for it, and leave. Well, after I got what I wanted, somebody was at the self checkout, so I walked around the store for 5 minutes and came back. The manager on duty, the csm, was helping a guy so I figured this was my chance to pay for my stuff and leave. While she was helping this guy, she hollered at me saying “I hope you got the right size”. Now, as somebody who now is comfortable about going to Wal-Mart and get panties, bras, or whatever else I might need, her snotty little comment didn’t bother me. It was the fact she said it in front of another customer. That really bothered me. If I hadn’t had over half of what I had already rung up, I would have left my buggy there and walked out the store. After she finished helping the guy, she came over to me and asked me again if I got the right size. If she did that to begin with, I could have turned that into a joke and had fun with the lady. I emailed home office, got a call from the store manager saying “I hope this doesn’t stop you from shopping with us.” Yeah right. I just started going back to this walmart after over 2 years because I couldn’t get over being embarrassed by this csm who asked a very personal question in front of another customer.

Like I said, if there wasn’t somebody else there, I wouldn’t have had a single problem with it. I would have made a joke out of it. The fact that there was another customer there who saw what I getting, kinda pissed me off. The store manager didn’t seem to give a damn. Thats why it has taken me over 2 years to step a foot back in that store.

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?