Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ok, ladies. How do you zip up when you are by yourself?

I have been able to handle it up until recently.

Thanks for any advice you may have thanks.

Gloria

Hi Gloria,

Tie a long piece of string to the zipper pull and pull.

Alice

Brielle
      Lady

I’ve used thread or a thin wire (like fishing line) looped through the zipper tab. Hold both ends and it should go up fairly easy. Now getting it down again is another thing entirely (giggle!). Actually, it may work in reverse, but you may need to have someone help thread the line through when you are ready to take the dress off.

They make zipper helper clasps that you can get on amazon. I got one, but it doesn’t stay clamped – I may be doing something wrong or it’s defective.

Brie.

Never buy a dress with a back zipper.

Diane

Lea
      Lady

I made my own zipper helper. Some dresses, I out on, zip up with the back more to the side and arms not yet in the  shoulders/sleeves, then, scoot the dress back into place, and wiggle everything back into place.

Wish I was more flexible.

The reason zippers have holes in the tab is so that you can thread a string through it to pull it up. Good luck getting it down!

– Robyn

A diaper safety pin and string. The pin is easier to unclip than untying a string.

Araminta.

Some you can leave zipped and do the overhead slink. Others you can zip in front and then spin it around.  I put the forms in after the dress goes on.   Side zippers I can usually get unzipped.  Rear zippers I spin or overhead slink to get off, after the forms come out.  Maybe that’s one advantage we have over GGs!

I wear them large enough to slip into from underneath – that way I can leave them zipped.

Hugs Gloria as these ladies have said a zipper hook or easyiest is help ha ha i know my wife helps sometimes  or a no zipper pullover dress works best hugs girl Keystone is coming better get it working he he ..

Stephanie Bass

Like Celeste, I can pull a lot of zippered dresses on without having to open the zipper, or at least just a little bit.

I have used the string or shoelace method (put a knot in the shoelace, thread one end in to the knot, then pull on the other end of the shoelace).  But this is rare.

If I really need to do the zipper, I inch it along.  I pull it down only as far as I really need it.  Then I put on the dress, leaving the zipper where I can still reach it over my head.  I’ll pull the zipper up a few inches, then pull the dress down making sure the zipper is still reachable, then repeat.  Taking it off is a little easier because I can pull the zipper tab up then push down on the zipper getting a few more inches each time.  I’ll then pull the dress up and push the zipper down, and continue this until I can get my shoulders and arms out, after that it is easy.

I just bought a cute dress that zips up the front.  Piece of cake to zip that one.  It even has a zip that zips open from the bottom, I assume to make it easier to sit down.

Anonymous

I have a beautiful White House Black Market dress (profile pic) that zips up the back. I put it on backwards , zip it up, then turn it around!

Haley

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

I’ve been spending 15 minutes in the morning doing stretches before I work out and have found I’ve become far more bendy in just a little over a month am able to get the zippers on my dresses up and down now unassisted.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?