I was reading Psalm 86 today, and was reminded again of the beauty and wonder of our God. I’ll quote a portion of it, and I encourage you to read along in your own Bible, or if you don’t have one, to request one from your local church (they will be happy to provide one for you!).
Teach me your way, O Lord,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.
For the transgendered a Christian walk can sometimes be a struggle. It is easy for us to get lost in the struggle against an uncaring church, against our unsatisfied conscience, against the body God gave us. We would do well to heed the wisdom in David’s prayer, asking God with fervent prayer to teach us in His ways. When we focus our attention on pleasing God our strife fades away. When we allow ourselves to become enamored with God’s will He makes our purpose clear, and gives us strength to walk in it.
When I think about an undivided heart, I think about putting aside my quest for wholeness, and following God’s plan. You cannot worship yourself as a woman, and God at the same time. I know how hard this is. Who we are plays such a large part in shaping our life experience – it is hard to go a day without thinking about our unique character. We need to be careful that we do not put our obsession with self ahead of God.
Once we do that we are blessed to glorify God forever, and experience His great love towards us.
If you’re reading this and feeling lost, alone and unloved, I want you to know that Jesus Christ will never leave you. He loves you so much that He endured death on the cross to allow you to have a relationship with God. If you are hurting, leave a comment, reach out. I will say a prayer for you.
More Articles by Vanessa Law
- A Few Changes in Our Family
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- A Few Changes in Our Family - April 15, 2021
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019