I’m a big supporter of research surveys that cover those in the transgender community. Research will not only bring an enhanced understanding of the transgender condition (for lack of a better term), but also bring more visibility to the transgender community. I’m under no illusion that science will discover a cause or cure for our transgenderedness. I do believe that shining a realistic light on the transgender experience will bring crossdressing acceptance to our communities. Most of the crossdressers I’ve met look more like regular people, struggling with regular problems, not side show freaks some in the media make us out to be.
Most of all, I hope that more data about the joys, hopes, struggles, strife and triumphs of those in the transgender community will provide impetus for political change.
So now that I’ve convinced you to spend a few minutes of your time for a good cause 😉 Please take this transgender mental health survey. It won’t take much time, but will provide valuable data for those who seek to understand us better.
I hope you had a fabulous 4th July, and if you were lucky enough to have a long weekend, I hope it was a luxurious blessing!
P.S. If you are a researcher who would like to publicize a research survey within the transgender community, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I am more than happy to share your survey with readers of Crossdresser Heaven.
More Articles by Vanessa Law
- A Few Changes in Our Family
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- A Few Changes in Our Family - April 15, 2021
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019