This article describes the features of Crossdresser Heaven chatroom and private chat.
Our team has been hard at working rebuilding chat from the ground up.
When we thought about chat, we wanted to build it right from the beginning, with a foundation that would last as we grow our community.
To do this we knew we had to master five key areas:
- Fast and reliable – Performance and reliability are at the heart of the new chat. Chats are delivered within milliseconds, and all user actions in the chatroom are visible in real time. No lag. No downtime. No exceptions
- Fun – Chatting with your friends should be a blast. We’ve worked hard to ensure the elegance of the new UI is matched with the depth of fun features. Whether it’s a full set of emoji, sharing photos or your favorite gif to really mark the moment, you’ll find chat jam packed with delight.
- Personal – We all use chat differently, and differently throughout the day. New chat provides multiple ways to personalize your use and experience to make it just right. Whether it’s setting your status, popping out to a new window or changing how you’re notified of new messages – you have control.
- Modern and mobile ready – A clean, modern UI that can work as well on a desktop, tablet or mobile phone. Every interaction works just as you expect, and the UI molds perfectly to your device.
- Scalable – Our community is more than 30,000 people strong, but this is just the beginning. We wanted to design chat to handle a community of 1 million or more with ease. This means making it seamless to chat in multiple groups and with multiple people, and easy ways to keep track of conversations and pick up where you left off.
We think you’re going to love the new chat.
The public chatroom is available to all members of Crossdresser Heaven. It’s fast, with real time notifications when people join or leave.
Full Suite of Emoji
The full suite of emoji is at your fingertips. Just press the emoji button and viola!
You can change the skin tone by clicking on the yellow circle to choose the tone that best represents you.
Common emoji shortcuts like 🙂 and <3 quickly translate into their appropriate emoji, and are even sized nicely so you can share how you’re feeling without worrying that someone will misinterpret.
You can also access the full set of emoji without your hands leaving your keyboard. Just press : and start typing, and the emoji will filter down to the one you’re looking for. Press enter to add it to your message.
Now you can react to every message sent. Just hover over the emoji icon and select the appropriate emoji.
Options on each message
Just click on the three dots next to a message for more options.
Reply will quote the message and allow you to reply directly to it.
Permalink will give you a link to that specific message
Copy, well, copies the message
Quote will quote the message in your next message. Great for referring back to what someone said.
Star the message to find it later. All conversation in the public chatroom will disappear after a day
Ignore will ignore any messages from the user. If someone is bothering you, just ignore them and they may as well have already gone away.
Mark as Unread will reset your unread position so that you can return to this conversation later.
Delete will allow you to delete your message, if you said something you didn’t mean to say.
Speaking of unread, Chat now keeps track of which messages you have read. So you can always pick up where you left off. If the conversation has been frantic while you’re away, you can always return to it later with the ability to scroll back to the first unread message.
Share Photos (Duchess and Princess only)
Duchess and Princess members now have the ability to share photos in chat. Please keep all photos family friendly!
Just click the + icon to the right of the message and add a photo.
Others can download the photo by clicking it, or collapsing the photo to carry on with the conversation.
You can now make it clear who you’re talking to with mentions. Just type @ and you will see a list of people you can mention. If you are mentioned you will be notified, so you can always stay on top of conversations people are having with you, even in a crowded chat room.
You can also click the three dots in the top right of the chatroom to see all the places you have been mentioned, keep track of your starred and pinned messages.
See who is online
Click the member icon to see the full list of members, and search for members who are online
Know when someone is typing, with the handy typing indicators at the bottom of the chat room.
Guest chat is supported, and guests have the ability to view the chatroom before deciding to enter, and then entering as a guest if they would like to participate.
If you’re needing a little more space, you can click the pop-out button to load a new window. All chat, no distractions.
It’s easy to see when new messages arrive. Private messages will bold and give you a counter for how many messages have arrived.
The chat rooms will bold, but won’t count each individual message.
We’ll get to private chat in more detail soon.
See Snippets of incoming messages
By selecting the Extended view, you can see snippets of messages before you click through.
It’s a great way to keep track of many conversations at once, as well as multiple chatrooms.
Multiple chatrooms are coming soon.
Chat has a rich set of personalization options.
In the top right of the chatroom, click the three dots to change notification preferences. You can choose to mute sounds and badges, and whether to receive email notifications.
Email notifications for missed messages are coming soon.
Account Settings and Status
You can adjust many settings related to your account by clicking your profile photo in the top right.
Profile photo will soon pick up your Crossdresser Heaven photo (coming soon)
The status you set will let your friends know whether they can contact you, or even find you if you’re set to invisible.
Under My Account there is a lot more to personalize, which we’ll save for another article.
Private Chat (Duchess and Princess only)
Duchess and Princess members will also have the ability to private chat in realtime with other Duchess and Princess members.
Start Private Chat
Just click the persons name in the chat window, and you’ll see more information about them.
Link to their profile is coming soon.
To start a private chat, click Conversation and you’ll open up a new private chat window.
Private chat has all the great features of public chat – photos, links, emoji and more!
All of this works on your phone or tablet as well. If you have limited screen space, the chat window will collapse to show you just messages.
For everything just a click on the top left button with the three lines.
You’ll even see a badge on the button when you have new private messages.
Tools for Ambassadors
The Ambassadors also have a rich set of tools to keep the chatroom running smoothly.
Just type /kick @username to kick someone out of the chatroom.
Kick Button is coming soon.
Ambassadors can delete any messages that have been sent, to keep unwanted messages out of the chat room.
Block User (or Mute user for Ambassadors)
If someone is being unruly, it’s easy enough to block them. Just click their name to open information and click Block user. (or the three dots and then mute user). They will no longer be able to type in the chatroom anymore.
We’ve got many more exciting chat features to come.
More Articles by The Author
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017