When I was first trying to understand my strange desire to wear woman’s clothes there was hardly any information available. At least, any that I could pluck up the courage to find. Back then we didn’t have any fancy things like the Internet. We had to walk five miles uphill in the snow and pay a week’s wages just to borrow a book from the library. After such a trip one wasn’t inclined to ask the stern librarian for help finding a book about wearing woman’s clothes lest we unleash her wrath and earn a trip to the local minister.
So perhaps I’m exaggerating just a little… But I had no inkling of how I could both learn about crossdressing and prevent the world from knowing I partook of such an activity.
Fast forward less than a decade and information about crossdressing is in abundance. We’re just a Bing! away from finding out all we could ever want to know about pretty much anything.
Unfortunately such abundance of information has made it even harder to find good advice. Fifteen web searches later and we’re still sifting through ‘made for Adsense’ websites or the latest offering for crossdressing fetish dating – ‘53 crossdressers in your area are waiting to hear from you!’.
If you think Jerry Springer can do damage to the public perception of the transgender community, try your local (or more likely super multi-national) search engine.
‘So,’ you’re asking yourself, ‘what are you going to do about it Vanessa?’
I’m not going to do anything…
without your help at least 🙂
Eagerly you lean forward towards your computer screen and ask, ‘So how can I help dear?’
I’m glad you asked! Here’s how you can help:
- Find a great website or article that is relevant to the crossdressing or transgender community. Sites you frequent often are a good place to start.
- Write up a few paragraphs as to why you recommend the site. Stories of how the information or site has helped you personally are best. More details are better – give readers a sense for the benefit they’ll get by visiting the site
- Include your femme name so I can credit you
- Email all this to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feel good about helping the transgender community
I’ll do a quick pass on the site, and every Monday I’ll share a new crossdressing or transgender website on Crossdresser Heaven.
A Crossdressing Gem
This week’s recommendation is a site run by one of my friends on Twitter, called Jessica Who. I especially appreciate Jessica’s sincerity when she shares her experiences crossdressing. Her sense of humor is refreshing and she’s nothing short of prolific in her writing. One of her most popular posts has the title ‘Wife Dreams of Dressing Husband in Lingerie’. I encourage you to visit her site, I’m sure you’ll learn almost as much as you laugh.
Thanks for your wonderful site Jessica!
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors - February 15, 2017