LGBTQ Special Emphasis
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Special Emphasis Program
In 2016 NASA created the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Special Emphasis Program embracing another community within our workforce, without any legal obligation to do so. The LGBTQ Special Emphasis Manager works with agency leadership to identify and address key issues and areas affecting NASA’s LGBTQ employees and allies. We believe we are creating an inclusive environment that is conducive to the recognition, development, understanding, and utilization of each employee’s abilities, skills, and knowledge in order to achieve maximum productivity.
The purpose of the program is to provide LGBTQ awareness and education to NASA employees and partners while focusing on such issues as employment, retention, promotion, training, career development and advancement opportunities affecting LGBTQ applicants and employees.
Specifically the role of the LGBTQ Program Manager is as follows:
- Provide advice to leadership on matters affecting employment and advancement of LGBTQ employees
- Promote and establish effective and equitable participation of LGBTQ employees in the work force
- Provide LGBTQ awareness and education to NASA employees and partners
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with community, professional and national organizations, college and universities
- Provide NASA representation at national, federal and regional meetings concerning LGBTQ issues
Federal Policy and Resources
- Executive Order 11478, as amended, expressly prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity within executive branch civilian employment
- Executive Order 13583 – Establishing a Coordinated Government-Wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce
- OPM Transgender Guidance: Guidance Regarding the Employment of Transgender Individuals in the Federal Workplace (2011)
- Guidance on the Extension of Benefits to Married Gay and Lesbian Federal Employees, Annuitants, and Their Families
- Federal Management Regulation (FMR) bulletin to clarify that the nondiscrimination requirement includes gender identity as a prohibited basis of discrimination under the existing prohibition of sex discrimination for any facility under the jurisdiction, custody, or control of GSA.
- Best Practices: A Guide to Restroom Access for Transgendered Workers
NASA GuidanceAddress: 2101 E NASA Pkwy
Support Our Sponsors
We may receive a commission for purchases made through links to our sponsors. This helps us maintain Crossdresser Heaven and provide a safe, welcoming and supportive place for the community.
Shop the Crossdresser Heaven Store
Professional Makeup Advice
All your makeup and skincare questions answered by professional makeup consultants.
New Every Day – Featured Photos
Every day we feature new photos of the members of Crossdresser Heaven.
Transgender Heaven is Open!
Share Crossdresser Heaven
As we move into the new year we look forward to growing our community and giving more people a safe, supportive and welcoming place to be themselves.
Please share Crossdresser Heaven with your friends and others who may benefit from our community.
If you have a website, please consider placing one of our banners on your website.
With love and gratitude.
- Active 3 hours ago
- Active 12 hours ago
- Active 1 day ago
- Active 1 day ago
- Active 2 days ago