At Crossdresser Heaven we strive to balance personal privacy with access to valuable online resources. We know that many in the community have not yet come out to friends and family, and want Crossdresser Heaven to be a safe place to explore your femininity without fear of exposure. We also realize that the transgender community has spent too long in the shadows where it was difficult to find high quality, reliable information.
Our mission at Crossdresser Heaven is to provide a safe, welcoming and supportive environment for everyone in the transgender community. That mission guides our decisions as to what is public and private by default.
As one example, we chose to make forums public to all users. We think this is important because many valuable discussions happen in the forums. We don’t want to restrict the information to only those who have an account.
We also chose to make profile details and the news feed accessible only to members of Crossdresser Heaven. These conversations and comments are generally brief and note necessarily valuable as an information source. We chose to make activity feeds available to all members to foster friendships within the community.
Keeping your femme identity secret on Crossdresser Heaven
If you are not out to friends and family, we recommend that you keep your femme identity separate from your male identity. Here are few tips for keeping your identity secret. You can choose to apply one or all of them depending on your level of concern about being outed.
- Use an avatar instead of a photo of yourself
- Use a femme name (not your male name)
- Use a different last name
- Use a different email address
- Don’t refer to overly specific situations or places that could allow someone who knows your male identity to ‘figure it out’
- Keep your facebook (and other social network) accounts separate – more info
Details about what is visible
Visible to Everyone
- Profile picture
- Forum posts
- Comments on blog articles
Visible to all members of Crossdresser Heaven
- User profile, including location and questions you’ve answered
- News feed, activity and comments on activity
- Public messages
- Cover photo
- Private messages – only visible to you and the person/people you message
- Email address
In addition, our website administrators will be able to access any information except password for the purpose of ensuring the smooth functioning of the site, the community and observance of appropriate laws.
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors - February 15, 2017