Hi everyone! It’s Sarah here. I am a 53 year old married MTF crossdresser who recently went out shopping en femme to the mall for the first time! I was very nervous, but once I went through with it the whole experience was exciting and liberating. My wife was away visiting her daughter and granddaughter. I took full advantage of dressing up around the house with the blinds closed.

The day before she came home I mustered the courage to go out en femme! I was both super nervous and excited. I wore Hue leggings, Vans floral high top sneakers, and my wife’s cute white shawl to the mall. I started at JC Pennies and found a cute pair of black ankle boots. I then went to the clearance rack and found a beautiful wine-colored long-sleeved top for 75% off! I also picked up some nice tops at a huge discount! Did I mention that I love clearance racks and online thrift stores?

At the check out a lady behind said, “Excuse me Miss, did you find that on the clearance rack?” referring to my wine colored top. In reply, I said “yes” accidentally in a male voice 😆! I quickly corrected to a female voice.  I am sure I was clocked but didn’t really care.  It was funny to hear her reply: “Oh, I didn’t see anything like that on the clearance rack!”

The sales associate was very kind and friendly. We engaged in small talk about my great clearance rack finds and we wished each other a happy new year.

In the main mall I saw a cute place that sold earrings. The young sales associate was sweet and fun to chat with. She helped me to pick out some hoop earrings and feather earrings. She complimented me on my Vans high top sneakers!

I was totally over the top happy to get a compliment! I mentioned that I had gotten them used online. It felt exciting to be complimented and to be able to interact with kind and pleasant people at the mall. It was way easier than I ever expected! I went home and had a blast trying on my new boots and tops with a skirt that I purchased online.

I am glad that I was able to have such an amazing experience my first time out! I look forward to sharing experiences and giving/getting support and advice from my fellow crossdressers. It was wonderful being able to express my true self.

Love, peace, and happiness to my CDH community members!

The picture is the outfit that I wore to the mall.

Love ❤️ and hugs,

Sarah

More Articles by The Author

Sarah Shimmer

I am a 53 year old married male who just recently went out shopping en femme to the mall for the first time! I was very nervous but once I went through with it, the whole experience was exciting and liberating. I loved interacting with people and everyone I met was very nice and pleasant. I even used the ladies room without any problems. My wife knows about my cross dressing and tolerates it, but does not want to be seen with Sarah yet. I look forward to sharing experiences and giving/getting support and advice from my fellow cross dressers. I am finally so much happier that I was able to express my true self. Love, peace and happiness to my CDH community!

Latest posts by Sarah Shimmer (see all)

Carla
1 month ago

How wonderful for you Sarah. I’m in the same position as you but haven’t the nerve to do what you did. It’s home dressing for me, for the time being. You looked great by the way, so feminine but comfortable looking at the same time. Best wishes, Carla x

Dani Grand
1 month ago

You look awesome – very appropriate for a day of shopping. Now do it again! ❤️

Marian Andersen
1 month ago

Congratulations Sarah, you look amazingly female and captured the “blend in look” so well it’s easy to see why you were successful! You surely are an inspiration to us girls who are home-locked by their mind. Keep it up! Marian ❤

Leonara
Ambassador
1 month ago

Sarah, thank you for sharing your first shopping experience enfemme. You are an inspiration for me as I hope to shop enfemme for the first time… your choice of wardrobe was perfect and well done.
I hope I can share my first experience very soon. Hugs Leonara

Sandy Jayson
1 month ago

Congrats Sarah. Isn’t CDH great!! For my first outing in public I went to Ulta to have my hair colored, then went window shopping in the connected mall. I to would never have had the courage if not for all the stories here at CDH. Best to you in your next outing!!!!
Sandy

Jessie G
1 month ago

Congratulations
feels so good especially when a clerk ask if she can start a room fo you!
I had a girl ask me while in drab, guess i was holding up a dress to myself a little too long!
While traveling thru Winchester VA tonight I went out in femme to the Blue Moon for a drink and listen to some Karaoke, they were already booked up for performers or I would have gotten on stage to perform! Too bad
Jessieg

Catherine
1 month ago
Reply to  Jessie G

Sarah, you looked so great ,a beautiful woman and you fit every bit as a true female,all the looks and poise,congrats, I just wish one day I could go out dressed up ,but hard ,go again for us that can’t, Catherine

Amy Myers
1 month ago

Glad you had such a great time! You look great in that outfit too.

James Traver
1 month ago

Good for U!
My 1st outing is soon I hope. I have outfits ready to go but haven’t had the right day.
I plan on renting a fun chick car for my 1st day out. Either a Camaro Mustang maybe. Something gurlie!
I’m in the Seattle area so if someone would like to join me, I’m game❤

Last edited 1 month ago by James Traver
Deborah Sullivan
1 month ago

Darling outfit for shopping and blending in Sarah. Isnt it amazing how the little things like shopping can be so thrilling and exciting. I still get the rush after many years of it

Deborah Sullivan
1 month ago
Reply to  Sarah Shimmer

We are so lucky Sarah to be able to enjoy the experience that so many cds will never know.