Surely people who oppose gay marriage are religious radicals. Those who think we should increase military spending are warmongering knuckleheads. And anyone who questions whether we should end our dependence on foreign oil either works for Exxon-Mobile or likes to shoot at their friends on weekend hunting trips.
The truth is actually a bit more complicated than that. It’s often easy to see those with a contrary point of view as bigoted, radical, self-serving or any number of unflattering adjectives. It’s a lot harder to consider that they have valid, rational, well thought out point of view.
You Decide, created by KQED has made it easy to see the other’s perspective and weigh opinions contrary to your own in a very approachable, non-threatening way. Every two weeks they’ll ask a new question that is controversial and give you an opportunity to learn why others have a different opinion.
Socrates said that “The unexamined life is not worth living.” I think “The unexamined opinion is not worth having.” Go to You Decide, answer a question. Make sure your opinion is worth having.
If you would like to see a future question about crossdressing or the transgendered experience on You Decide, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let them know your thoughts, and ask them to include a question related to the transgendered in the future.
More Articles by The Author
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors - February 15, 2017