Fashions are a funny thing, and crossdressers are perhaps more beholden to the whims of the fashion fairies than most men. When men dress in women’s clothes, there is something special about looking fabulous and beautiful.
The other day I was thinking – what if crossdressing was normal? You know, if you were just as likely to see a man in high heels and a skirt as a woman wearing a pantsuit. What is there was no masculine gender expression, no feminine gender expression. Would we still be crossdressers? In fact, would we still have the desire to crossdress?
Certainly there must be some part of the transgender experience which is about being unique, in our expression of who we are – the desire to be like woman, yet still knowing that we are a man.
Don’t tell crossdressers they’re normal
If you do, we just might agree. Many organizations, such as Tri-ESS, go to great lengths to remove the stigma from crossdressing. This stigma is entirely a social construct, created by our culture. There are theories as to why crossdressing is taboo – perhaps on a subconscious level it slows down the acquisition of a suitable mate with which to propagate the species?
Nevertheless, fashion will move forward. The brief rise of the metrosexual in the mid 2000’s was a definite step towards a more socially acceptable way for men to express their femininity. Even if all it really meant was that you wore nice clothes and bathed more than once a week.
Socially Acceptable Cross Dressing
I wonder if the next fashion wave will see crossdressing as desirable and trendy? I hope so, but I’m not going to leave my skirt hanging in the closet waiting for it to happen…
P.S. Don’t wait for crossdressing to come in style. Learn how to do your makeup like a professional and look fabulous!
More Articles by The Author
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017
- We Can Make It Into Something Wonderful - February 26, 2017
- Meet Your Crossdresser Heaven Ambassadors - February 15, 2017