Surely with all our scientific research we’ve stumbled upon a cure for cross dressing? If only to save all you wonderful genetic girls from stretched clothes and missing lingerie.
There’s plenty of sites out there that will boldy claim that crossdressing is incurable. Starting with the prelude that crossdressing isn’t a disease (hence needing no cure). We could get into endless debate about whether it’s a disease or not, so setting that question aside, is crossdressing curable?
Over the next few weeks I’ll see to answer that question (at least reserach it and present some points of view).
For my own part, I’ve been crossdressing ever since I was four years old. There have been periods when I’ve dressed, and periods when I haven’t. There have even been months, almost years when I haven’t thought about slipping on a satin evening gown, or strapping on a pair of high heels. Then like a snake in the night it’s back – and I find myself daydreaming about being transformed into a beautiful princess.
For the last few year’s I’ve believed the common wisdom that there is no cure for crossdressing. In fact, have even come to accept who I am (and dare I say enjoy being who I am!). I can’t honestly say that I’ve ever given a focused, dedicated, and constantly renewed effort to ‘beat this thing’.
Sure, I’ve purged (who hasn’t!), in fact I can count three times where I’ve thrown away clothes I’d love to see still hanging in my closet. Usually the result of guilt, building up over a few months. One purge was a result of my noble intentions to truly do something better with my life. After all, spending hours learning how to put on make-up, and shopping for the perfect top aren’t exactly “productive” time.
Is there really a cure out there?
More Articles by Vanessa Law
- A Few Changes in Our Family
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- A Few Changes in Our Family - April 15, 2021
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019