A Hodgepodge Submission

It is of note that many CDHers are older. Perhaps our chemistry changes as we get older, and perhaps GGs are not the only people who have a hormonal storm awaiting them in their mid to later years?

About 50% of males over 50 have an enlarged prostate, and in many cases this is coincident with an increased level of the female hormone estrogen. Testosterone production decreases in mid to old age in any case. The net result of this would be a shift towards the female side of the hormonal mix, and away from the male.

There are several conditions that go hand-in-hand with the older age in men. One being PADAM (partial androgen deficiency in the ageing male.) The Mayo clinic describes the condition andropause – lowered testosterone production – also known as ‘male menopause’.

Visit Transgender Heaven

Jung says we all have a male and female side – in various percentages – perhaps that is what decides our sexuality?

Suppose a male has a brain wired from birth to lean towards the female side – as a boy he might fit in better with the girls, wish he was a girl, but works with the cards he is dealt for most of his life—behaves as society expects? Such a soul might be receptive to dressing up games, and be more likely to indulge in the theatre, crossdress, and perhaps even seek to live a more bohemian lifestyle than many normal males?

Fast forward to later middle and old age, when hormonal levels naturally change anyway, to a greater or lesser extent, and there is possibly a perfect storm awaiting some such men. Is all this why the feminine side is either hardly constrained, or not in many older males who were possibly pre-disposed towards their feminine traits anyway? It’s a definitely a thought worth considering and pointing out.

[Image from Pinterest – ‘fair use’ provisions of copyright laws are invoked for the purposes of commentary and research].

More Articles by Candy Can

View all articles by Candy CanTags:
    Bettylou Cox
    1 year ago

Hi, Candy That’s an interesting theory you’ve posted, and I’m certain it contains a lot of truth. I know I can relate. Things which would drive me to anger or action in my younger years now bring me to tears, instead…and that response doesn’t bother me, either. I’ve had a few other “attitude adjustments” also, not too long after a change in my BPH medication and a dietary shift from animal protein to soy-based products. Accidental view of a CD video on YouTube opened the flood gates, so to speak, bringing back long-forgotten memories of CD episodes in my youth.… Read more »

Lea
    1 year ago

I feel so….hormonal, just kidding. I do feel sometimes that some of my most intense crossdressing thoughts are tied in to a hormonal, chemical feeling that seems to come and go.

I like the insight you shared.

April (Pacific Princess)
    Ambassador

As a 61 year old CD I can totally relate. I have been on testosterone for awhile now – just for sexual purposes. It has been ok, but I would love to do without. I love my female self, but I also love being with my wife. It is a conundrum.

Paula Pantyhose
    1 year ago

That is the truth. I would love to stop my shots and let the level drop back down. I am 51 and have been on Testosterone for a couple of years, started shots 3 months ago. You said it well “I love my female self, but I also love being with my wife. It is a conundrum.”

April (Pacific Princess)
    Ambassador

Prostate cancer runs in my family. My dad had to have his testicles removed. If that ever happened to me I would seriously think about transitioning.

Fiona-Ann Moss
    1 year ago

I think there is definately truth in this because from a younger age i can only explain that i have had symptoms of female ‘time of the month’ i come out in spots at roughly the same time every month and have the usual short temper! this has gone on for years, further proving that for many ‘men’ we can have Female symptoms too although we are not born with the same anatomy! Further to the fact, i have noticed more and more stories from members, saying, that their Femme tendancies have increased as they get older, certainly the same… Read more »

Falecia McGuire
    1 year ago

Candy,
    Lots of wisdom that should be helpful for those who didn’t know and have felt an onslaught of feminine propensities. The CD thing DOES kick into high gear for many seniors. Along with the drive-to-dress comes the greater boldness of caring less what others think. I still am covert with family, but I seldom worry about the man (or woman) on the street.
    FAM

Alicia C
    1 year ago

hormones for sure, but I’ll agree learning to not worry what others think, the ticking clock to live as you feel you should are also big factors tooo.

Paula1
    1 year ago

What a Great topic, How good would it be to do a proper study with some doctors, there must be some one on CDH that has the ability to start, you already have a captive ordinance on board

skippy1965 Cynthia
    Ambassador
    1 year ago

Interesting thoughts Candy-might explain the preponderance of 50-70 year olds on the site here!
    Cyn

Bettylou Cox
    1 year ago

Since I was overtaken by the urge, I’ve thought a lot about this, myself. I view this from a lifetime in either healthcare or chemical research. We have two hormonal factors for certain: Testosterone decreases sharply age, and we are all living longer. And many, if not most of us take medications known to have an estrogen-like effect. Can never be proven, but I strongly suspect that anyone who tried CD in his youth will return to it, given time. And this does not include any of the gay or Bi population. There may be a huge number of us… Read more »

Amy Myers
    1 year ago

I have wondered about this myself. Now, I’m not hung up on the “Why” of this, but there has to be some reason that so many of us are on the older side. I will be 66 in a few months, and its’ in the last year or so, that I’ve felt the urge to dress more often, and more completely. Though I did start young, again, like many, about the age or 12 or so, experimenting with wearing women’s clothes, but never had it been such an insistent part of my life till recently.
    Amy

Rozalyne Richards
    1 year ago

Hi Candy i can relate to the things you have said and it’s quite an observation of how my life is going, I’m 66 now and since i reached about 50 years old my desire to cross dress has increased over the years and now it seems like the need just gets stronger and stronger and when ever i get the chance i become Rozalyne, maybe it does have something to do with hormones a decrease in male hormones and an increase in female hormones, but all i know is i really like being Rozalyne which can’t be a bad… Read more »