Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Here’s the problem, I’m not a tiny girl at all.  At 6’6″ I stand out like a sore thumb, when you add heels I am almost 7 feet tall!

The problem I run into is that I have large feet as well (size 15/16 or 12.5/13 in mens) and when I look for shoes I seem to have two options.

1) Stripper heels

2) Sneakers

My dream is to find a nice pair of flats.  Something fun and feminine without making me appear to be the WNBA’s newest star!

I won’t say no to a pair of heels that don’t make me look like a hooker as well.

Oh yes, one more thing, I’ve got a really tight budget so if you know of anything affordable, even better.  But honestly if I have to save up 6 months to get a $100 pair of shoes, then that’s what I have to do.

Susan,

I don’t have the issue of larger feet, but I was wondering if you tried Zappos?

Great selection, don’t knowsizelimits.

Cookie

Zappo’s and Yandy are fine for normal people feet.  Not for Sasquach feet like mine (13 mens)

I think I found a place, Aliexpress.  You can do a search on size 14 and all the way up to 18!  I’ve ordered a pair of size 16 flats that are REALLY cute, so I’ll let you know how it works…  Oh yeah, they were less than $10, and free shipping.

There’s also Zappos sister site 6pm.com which is the Zappos clearance site.

It’s still a little on the expensive side, but they do have larger sizes available.

Okay, for some reason my last reply didn’t post.  Let’s try again…

Zappo’s is a joke, it’s not worth my time.  The biggest they sell in flats are a size 12.  Search for larger and you find nothing at all.  The only kitten heels I can find are the junky plastic ones with fluff on the toes.

AliExpress says they have size 16 flats, I ordered some, but what I got were size 12’s.  I know they’re 12’s because they’re exactly the size of my size 12’s that already don’t fit.  I’ve ordered some more from a different seller, hopefully I will have better results.

I’ll let you know what I get, the ones I got are really cute but they’re not my size.  I really was hoping for more, but at this point I think I am stuck being a GIGANTIC WOMAN! Seriously, a mere 3 inch heel makes me 6’9″.  With flats I’ll at least look like a really tall woman in heels… minus the heels lol.

If I had the money, I’d start a company selling nice shoes for truly larger women.  I really feel sorry for the genetic females that are in my place, my sister has feel almost as big as mine and she’s stuck in either men’s shoes or sneakers.

Jenny J
      Lady

Im a mens 13 and am having the same problem and quite frankly cant justify spending over $100 on a single pair .. But once in a while I have great luck at a thrift store.. Value Village seems to be the best for me. They may not be the exact style or colour I want.. but what the heck I can get a skirt or dress to match while I’m there.

There is a site I found while browsing called Yandy that has a wide variety of shoes in larger shoe sizes and the prices are quite reasonable.

I’ve tried Zappo’s, the closest they have is a black pair of size 13 crocs… not so helpful when you’re a size 16.. and crocs are really ugly!  This is really annoying because Zappo’s advertises that they have size 16… but what they really mean is that they have a pair of over priced stripper heels at size 16.

Yandy went up to size 14 but only a pair of boots with what looks like spats… kinda cute but still way too small.

I’ve never found anything in my size at thrift stores, other than a dress here or a skirt there.  Of course 90% of what’s available is black… I swear the larger women in town only dress up for funerals.

So the search continues!

Just a note about what a pain it is to be a larger girl both in height and width.  A local store called Fred Meyer’s has a plus size section that goes to 3x… that’s a very hit or miss size for me.  There’s only one type of skirt there at the moment, a black shaper skirt and black is NOT a problem (see above).  If I look in the normal women’s department there’s a TON of really cute clothing that I’d love to have.

It gets worse if you go to juniors, that selection is AMAZING!

So larger women are supposed to wear pants and t-shirts or grandma blouses, which are far too short for someone like me.  If I had the capitol, I’d open a store that caters to larger women both genetic and otherwise and I’d fill it with cute clothing.

I’d be the most wealthy person on the west coast.  Don’t clothing manufacturers ever look out the window and see the average person in the US?  We’re not skinny!

Sorry, had to rant there.  Right now I’d just like a pair of shoes that are cute and don’t make me look like the Jolly Green Giantess!

I too am 6’5″ and as with you shoes are a problem. I wear a size 13 women’s and usually can find something at PayLess–however, they are not always the most fashionable.

A comment on clothes. . .I’ve had real good luck at Catherine’s and CJ Banks. The sales associates have always been very helpful and the clothes are fashionable and classy. Depending on the look you’re going for you can blend in, dress it up or just have “fun”.

Melanie

I’m a 11E men’s, 12WW women’s. It’s really a tough job to find shoes which are strappy, comfortable, and feminine. One has to be relentless in their searching. There are a lot of places offering sizes 10-16, but not in wide widths.

Anonymous

Ladies, I have had great success using a High Heel Shoe Stretcher so when I find a pair
      of must have shoes in just medium I stretch them to a wide, Web Link Below

Rachel

<span style=”color: #a51e64;”>http://www.footfitter.com/p/101-017/footfitter-premium-4-6-high-heel-shoe-stretcher.html?gclid=COm4-fb_tsoCFQErHwodYaMIPQ</span&gt;

Anonymous

It can get rather expensive finding shoes, I personally like my hooker heels lmao! I shop eBay and found my Paris Hilton size 11 woman for around $70. They have a nice black bow on the front toe,  very girly!! Their 4.5 inch heels and I’m 5’8, instant sexy long legs. I’m looking fir a nice pink pair of Mary Janes right now for a nerdy girl look. I find sometimes that a half size smaller is easier to walk in, not as much heel slipping in and out.

I’ve tried Zappo’s many times, they don’t carry anything above a 12.  They advertise that they do, but you can’t even search for larger sizes.   It’s not worth my time.

AliExpress seemed to have some option but after I ordered two pairs of size 16 flats from one of their sellers, I got size 12.  Very annoying because they’re very cute!

I’ve a few more pairs coming that should also be size 16 from different sellers.  If nothing else I can probably get my money back by eBaying them.

I really want flats! Like I said previously, in a mear 3 inch heel I am 6’9″!  I definately don’t pass as a girl, heck, I barely pass as human the way some people look at me when I am dressed as a guy and wearing sneakers and I’ve friends taller than I!

I just want some cute shoes to wear that don’t make me really tall.  Heck the only kitten heels I can find are the crappy plastic ones with fluff on the toes.

I’ve lots of heels, but I really want something else.  I’ll let you know what happens when the rest arrive.

Sorry about the repeat posts… I can’t delete them and it’s putting them all at the top of the thread which makes it really hard to tell if it posted or not.

Anonymous

I compiled a whole list of places that carry up to a size 17…you can see them here

Shoes in Large & Wide Sizes

I appreciate the list, but I am after flats, not heels.  Heels are easy, there’s stores in my area that have a good selection of heels and you can find them all over the net.  Try finding flats and you’ll find a bunch of Chinese sellers that claim the size but all you get is size 12 narrow.

I am now the owner of 6 pairs of size 12 shoes…. completely useless every single one of them.  They’re cute but it doesn’t help when you can barely get your foot in them let alone walk in them.  Some you can’t even get your foot into!

I’ve found 1 place that had flats that I could wear and that Avenue.  Ironically I cannot wear their heels, they’re too small, but the same size in flats works just fine.

Avenue size 13W is actually a little too big for me, at least when it comes with width.  A 12W is too small but amazingly better than what I’ve gotten elsewhere.  What I’ve found is that Avenue sizes their flats in Men’s sizes and their heels in Womens.  So I can’t get my foot into an Avenue 12W heel but I can wear a 12W just fine if it’s a flat… just not as well as a 13w.

In women’s heels I wear a 15 or 16 depending on the brand.

Anyhow, that’s my adventures in flats.  The nice thing about flats, no one notices that you’ve cute shoes on!  Heels make me stand out big time and though I don’t mind too much, it’s nice when you’re “normal”.  Personally people put too much emphasis on what they think you should be wearing, I can deal with the looks I get, but who wants to have to “put up” with anything?

Flats are the best of both words, they’re cute and no one looks at you weird.  Sadly, just like skirts and dresses, the bigger the girl you are, the worse the selection.  I’ve nice silver, black and white pairs of flats now so I am happier.

The only site I have had a good experience with is longtallsally.com …I had to do a return shiping times were a bit up there but got an exchange no problem and thay have some nice sales. ^^ Size 11 less then $100 canadian.

DawnOday
      Lady

I have size 14 feet.  Payless has a nice assortment of size 13 woman’s shoes and I ended up buying two pairs. A strappy patent leather and a beige criss-cross both with 2 inch heels. They actually fit pretty good. Just don’t get shoes with backs on them as you might hang over the edge.  Mine come right to the edge. If you really want shoes that fit try “Shoes of Prey” They make custom shoes up to womens 15. They are a little pricey but the are sold in Nordstroms. The advantage here is Nordstroms has a 365 day return policy and will remake the shoes if you do not approve. shoesofprey.com

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘I need help finding shoes!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?