Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Rebecca Lewis
      Baroness - Annual

Encouraged by reading other uplifting posts, I thought I just couldn’t let the opportunity pass of recounting a recent event.

My lovely wife has always enjoyed wearing attractive dresses. When we are out and about it is not unusual for her to be approached by people complimenting her on the dress she is wearing. She has bought the majority of her dresses from a particular ladies fashion shop for many years, and I have also bought a few dresses, skirts and tops from there recently.

So a few days ago we were shopping together and went into one of our usual cafes for coffee – the first time I had been into the cafe wearing a dress. The lady at the counter (who had served us many times) looked up and without missing a beat said to me  “Ohh – I love your dress. Where did you get it?”. That small but magical event MADE MY DAY!!!

Later in “our” dress shop I enjoyed being able to tell the staff about the reaction to my dress, at which point my wife interjected  with “I COULD HAVE KILLED HIM” (for getting all the attention).

It would be lovely to hear other stories of such instant acceptance.

PS – My current profile obviously needs to be updated significantly! There has been a lot of progress in the last few months, but it has a bittersweet background. I need to think about how best to share the journey.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

The motto is – Never upstage your wife. I am sure you have an interesting tale to tell but it seems to be going in the right direction.

Rebecca Lewis
        Baroness - Annual

Hi Angela,

In reality I don’t think I will ever be able to upstage my wife! Her response was aimed more at amusing the staff in “our” dress shop than anything else.

Rebecca

xxx

Hi Rebecca,
      Angela beat me to it, but even when the wife or SO accept and/or tolerate, there is always the issue where they do NOT want to feel that you’re trying to out-WOMAN them.
      XOXO
      Karensa

Rebecca Lewis
        Baroness - Annual

Hi Karenza,

“out woman” my wife? Wow that would be an achievement but I don’t think it would ever be possible – nor would I try! And her “I could have killed him” comment was purely in jest and good humour.

BTW- I love your name

Rebecca

xxx

Hi Rebecca,
          Good to hear that it was humor and not something else. I suppose my interpretation is when the wife catches a glimpse of us dolled up, and even if they don’t say it outright, the intent is meant to state something like “I don’t even get to dress and look like that, and here you are…”. That’s what I meant and I’ve heard similar on both sides, the other meaning would be “damn, you look good and I’m almost jealous”.
          Happy dressing!
          XOXO
          Karensa

Congratulations! It must be validating…for you.

Pictures or a link to the dress? You’ve got my curiosity totally piqued.

Rebecca Lewis
        Baroness - Annual

Hi Jamie,

Have a look at Hobbs.com (a British Fashion retailer). I was wearing the Diane Wool dress over the Keston ivory blouse.

You are right – it was validating. One problem I have is trying to understand whether a particular item of clothing suits me or not. I can try something on in the shop and look in the mirror, but my mind seems to go blank. It is like a foreign world to me. Perhaps my judgement will improve with experience! I do, however, trust the staff in the shop to give me their honest opinions.

I have also found that the staff themselves in our favourite Hobbs store love to try on the Hobbs products they sell and, bizarrely, they have started consulting me on whether I think the items suit them. Help! How am I going to navigate this world I have stepped into?

Anyway – thanks for your comments.

Rebecca

xxx

Those pieces look really nice. Well done. Kudos for being brave enough to shop  in a store and even engage the staff for suggestions. So jealous. I’m one that will buy online and hope it fits, although I’m getting better with sizing, or wait till certain holidays and shop under the guise that “it’s for my wife”.

Glad it made your day. I can see it helping with the confidence.

J J
      Lady

I agree, I could never upstage my wife who just happens to be a very attractive woman. That said, I do think I make a more attractive woman than a lot of ladies out there who just don’t bother to look the best or healthiest.

While up close it is fairly easy to tell I am a man, at a glance I am passable. But, even up close and my male facial characteristics show through, I am still better looking than many women. It is nice to get such compliments and affirmations.

So keep up the good work. All of us represent CD/teams people worldwide, so let’s look and act our best.

Hi Rebecca, and thank you for sharing your wonderful story! Your wife is a good sport to say the least. What a treasure she must be.

Like Jamie said, how about pictures of you wearing your dress? Maybe one of you with your wife in her beautiful dress? And where do shop for your dresses? Girls need to know these things!

Hugs, Jill

Rebecca Lewis
        Baroness - Annual

Hi Jill,

Just posted a reply to Jamie – have a look. I don’t think I am ready to post pictures yet, and my wife does not know about CrossDresserHeaven. I would not post without her consent and I am not sure that would be forthcoming. But it does raise another question that has been buzzing round my head the last few days, which is “how many SOs know about their girl’s CDH involvement and what they are posting“? Perhaps I should raise that as a separate forum? Do you think it would be of interest?

Rebecca

xxx

You’re doing the right thing by not sharing pictures of your wife here if she doesn’t know about our site. And yes, that could be a very interesting topic to discuss.

Speaking for myself, my wife is totally aware that I’m a member of this wonderfully accepting and beautiful group of ladies. However, despite my offers to allow her to read anything I post, she hasn’t taken up the offer for whatever her reasons may be. But a discussion among us girls may help some  among us who haven’t told their wives, either about CDH or that they are in fact cross dressers, to come forward and ease that burden.

I’ll go look at your profile and pictures and let you know what I honestly think.

Hugs, Jill

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?