• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

<p style=”text-align: left;”>So, after several sessions with two different counselors, both of whom I have been seeing for a year or more for my anxiety, depression, and PTSD, we had a breakthrough. All my self hate and loathing, and many of what I had just considered to be fetishes, is right in line with gender dysphoria. In the past month I have been moving my style of clothing and such to the more feminine side. The more I change the better I feel. 2 weeks now I have been dressing as a full woman and, though I still have many issues, I haven’t felt more at peace since as long as I can remember.</p>
      My counselors, my wife, others who have seen me before and after, have all said there has been a major shift in my overall presence just from the little I have changed. This has had a significant change in my depression and I know that a full transition is in my future. I feel that it is time that I begin moving toward that and have already made an appointment with a doctor for my first consultation into hormone therapy. Here is where I am having misgivings and could use some advice if anyone has any. My partner, wife, has been working for the family for the last two years because of my issues. She has highly suggested that we move from our current home in New Mexico and move to Oregon, close to her sister. She wishes to do this starting in January. She wants to head out to her sisters, get a job and get us set up with a place and than we, the rest of the family, move up there. I don’t have a problem with that, and in Oregon I may have a better chance of getting a job with all my issues, specifically if they continue to get better.

Here is the question I have for any who has advice. My first appointment with the transitional doctor is late January. If my wife does decide to go with this plan to move, should I cancel that appointment and try to get myself set up in Oregon? Or should I keep it and try to carry it over when or if we move?

Anonymous

I would look to endocrinologists in both locations before starting if you can. If you have a business relationship with both, then you won’t be hindered in transition care because of a move.

Lining up a doctor can take days, weeks, or even months these days, depending upon the specialty or the locale. This is the one thing that can throw a monkey wrench into the works of having an endocrinologist in both places. If this arrangement isn’t possible, then I’d be inclined to start treatment in Oregon. Continuity when going through HRT is important.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?