Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

The Woman Inside, Lauren’s Journey

I am not alone!

I am filled with great joy, after spending four wonderful days with beautiful and wonderful fellow trans sisters and brothers. I attended a conference at the University of Victoria with 468 other trans people, who came from 21 different countries. It was called “Moving Trans History Forward”

We laughed, we hugged, we cried, we cared, and we shared. Shared our stories.

Stories about our lives, our journeys, our paths and our hopes and fears. It was a truly wonderful weekend celebrating Transgender Day of Visibility. We were challenged, we were encouraged, and we left with the knowledge that we will be visible! We will not allow others who choose fear over love and understanding, to wish us away and try to make us hide. No, we will be visible, and not ashamed, but proud and thankful for who we are and eager to share that with the people we meet every day.

We left the conference with this gentle admonition: “Be gentle, be kind, and share your story. But remember, we have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth. So listen, observe, and think before you speak.”

I will post some further conference experiences and recollections over the next few days, trying to put four days of rather intense experience into words takes some serious thinking.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous

That’s wonderful, Lauren.

That sounds like a wonderful experience.

I’ve attended local CD/TG support group meetings for one and half to two hours dressed full en femme. However, that is not long enough for me anymore; I want to attend a weekend/multi-day conference so much.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Lauren, is that the first one you’ve been to in Victoria? Is it strictly for Transgendered girls or CD’s as well? If CD’s are welcome I am interested, if not that’s fine too. I’m just curious. I look forward to your pics being posted. It sounds like you got a lot out of it and had a great time.

Trish 💖

Hi Trish,

This conference was the first one that I have attended, they are every two years but missed a year during the Covid pandemic. The first conference was in 2014, and I am assuming the next will be in 2025.        Trish, there were so many variations of trans people there, trans women were significantly outnumbered by trans men and those who are non binary, referring to themselves with the pronouns they, them.  If you were to attend enfemme you would have felt perfectly comfortable and been a perfect fit!  It is my belief that CD’s are actually trans women who just haven’t come to that realization yet.

It was a wonderful time, I met so many people, had so many very heartfelt conversations and definitely felt connected. I am going to make an updated entry this weekend, trying to give a more insightful description of the conference.

Hugs girlfriend,

Ms. Lauren M

Trish White
          Baroness

That would be awesome Lauren, I look forward to reading your entry. So I have two years to prepare for the conference and maybe by then Megan could come too. She is ready now and I told her I would be there for her when ever her Vancouver debut happens. She’s just having a hard time finding the time she could do it family wise. Do you and Megan still talk?

Trish 💖

Hi again Trish,

That would be great! I am a member of the Transgender Archive group and receive their newsletters, so I will keep you posted.

I talked with her a couple weeks ago. She told me the same things she mentioned to you.

Hugs girlfriend ❤️

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?