- October 27, 2022 at 9:09 am #686424Nicole TidyParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 3Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
so my grandmother has just measured my chest for me, and the sizes are as follows
Band size – 46 bust size – 51
so would anyone be able to shed some light on what I would need to buy, it’s come through as 46DD but seems to big for me
- October 29, 2022 at 9:08 am #686991DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 946Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2674 times
Just about all you need to know is answered here:
- October 29, 2022 at 8:45 am #686983Eileen BachBaronessRegistered On: February 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 442Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 1774 times
How nice Grammy measured you! That might be an interesting topic for another time.
Bra charts are for genetic women. Your above and below measurements suggest a band size of 48″. Bras don’t come in a 47″, and 46″ would be too small. It’s easier to adjust a bra smaller than using extenders. Then that men have larger shoulders and need longer straps. As an example, my Sweetie measures for a 40 DD, but those bras place her girls unnaturally high. A 42 DDD bra looks much better on her.
You state a chest size of 51″? Depends on how this natural tissue lays on your chest, I’m not familiar with that aspect. You should need a C cup, given the projection of 51 less 48 is 3″.
I know my suggestion of a 48 C bra is much different than others have mentioned here, look at the sizing charts at Glamorise or Playtex brands for affordable, plus sized women.
- October 27, 2022 at 11:08 am #686454Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 1055Has thanked: 1090 timesBeen thanked: 5204 times
It looks like you have the right size as a starting point. Trying on bras is the only way to know for sure. Since it would seem you already have pretty big boobs there’s no point in buying forms. A good, well fitting bra will make your bust look fantastic.
Do a search for ABraThatFits. It’s a huge online community that helps with bra sizing and fitting. Their calculator is one of the best I’ve seen. They’re very CD/trans friendly.
- October 27, 2022 at 9:32 am #686434Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 97Replies: 5602Has thanked: 7624 timesBeen thanked: 14647 times
What a wonderful grandmother you have to help with the measuring! Now to your question.
Since a CD usually has broad shoulders a measurement above the bust under your arms may provide a better estimate of your band size. As your grandmother did, subtracting the chest measurement from the bust measurement each inch is a increasing cup size. 1 inch is an A cup
2 a B cup; 3 a C cup; 4 a D cup and 5 a DD or E cup.
Not all bras fit as we would like. So be sure to try on a bra when bra shopping. Adjust the straps too.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 27, 2022 at 9:41 am #686436Nicole TidyLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 3Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
the measurements that she did are
above bust 46”
below bust 47”
- October 27, 2022 at 10:15 am #686441Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 97Replies: 5602Has thanked: 7624 timesBeen thanked: 14647 times
Sounds like a 46 band size should work. Some bands can be exceedingly tight so be sure to try on your bra. The four inch difference would be a DD cup size.
If you have a Lane Bryant or Torrid near you they are CD friendly. And both will help with a bra fitting. Don’t be shy about asking!
- October 27, 2022 at 9:30 am #686433Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 883Has thanked: 958 timesBeen thanked: 4015 times
i am no expert on bra sizing, most of what i’ve learned about bra sizing comes from the breast form store.
But now that you have the bra band size , you can then decide on the size of boobs you want. If your chest size is already 51, and you are looking for big boobs than a DD will work. If you want to size down then maybe an A or AA will be better; but that will be up to you to see what will work.
That is kinda how I figured out the size of boobs I want after knowing my bra band and chest size.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.