Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies

so my grandmother has just measured my chest for me, and the sizes are as follows

Band size – 46 bust size – 51

so would anyone be able to shed some light on what I would need to buy, it’s come through as 46DD but seems to big for me

thanks

nicole xx

i am no expert on bra sizing, most of what i’ve learned about bra sizing comes from the breast form store.

But now that you have the bra band size , you can then decide on the size of boobs you want.  If your chest size is already 51, and you are looking for big boobs than a DD will work.  If you want to size down then maybe an A or AA will be better; but that will be up to you to see what will work.

That is kinda how I figured out the size of boobs I want after knowing my bra band and chest size.

Hi

I don’t have any breast forms, that is the size of my chest as it is, I’m a big guy, so would you think 46DD is correct

thanks

Nicole xx

Hi Nicole,

What a wonderful grandmother you have to help with the measuring!  Now to your question.

Since a CD usually has broad shoulders a measurement above the bust under your arms may provide  a better estimate of your band size.  As your grandmother did, subtracting the chest measurement from the bust measurement each inch is a increasing cup size.  1 inch is an A cup

2 a B cup; 3 a C cup; 4 a D cup and 5 a DD or E cup.

Not all bras fit as we would like.  So be sure to try on a bra when bra shopping.  Adjust the straps too.

Alice

Hi

the measurements that she did are

chest 51”

above bust 46”

below bust 47”

Thanks

Nicole xx

Hi Nicole,

Sounds like a 46 band size should work.  Some bands can be exceedingly tight so be sure to try on your bra.  The four inch difference would be a DD cup size.

If you have a Lane Bryant or Torrid near you they are CD friendly.  And both will help with a bra fitting.  Don’t be shy about asking!

Alice

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

It looks like you have the right size as a starting point.  Trying on bras is the only way to know for sure.  Since it would seem you already have pretty big boobs there’s no point in buying forms.  A good, well fitting bra will make your bust look fantastic.

Do a search for ABraThatFits.  It’s a huge online community that helps with bra sizing and fitting.  Their calculator is one of the best I’ve seen.  They’re very CD/trans friendly.

Anonymous

Dear Nicole,

How nice Grammy measured you! That might be an interesting topic for another time.

Bra charts are for genetic women. Your above and below measurements suggest a band size of 48″. Bras don’t come in a 47″, and 46″ would be too small. It’s easier to adjust a bra smaller than using extenders. Then that men have larger shoulders and need longer straps. As an example, my Sweetie measures for a 40 DD, but those bras place her girls unnaturally high. A 42 DDD bra looks much better on her.

You state a chest size of 51″?  Depends on how this natural tissue lays on your chest, I’m not familiar with that aspect. You should need a C cup, given the projection of 51 less 48 is 3″.

I know my suggestion of a 48 C bra is much different than others have mentioned here, look at the sizing charts at Glamorise or Playtex brands for affordable, plus sized women.

Nicole:

Just about all you need to know is answered here:

https://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-center,954,30.html

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?