• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Even though Doug Ford (Ontario Premier) says it’s ok I think with numbers rising in Ontario I’ll stay away from salons/spas for now.

So I got a deal on a Braun Silk Epil.

Experience, advice, troubleshooting, tips…all welcome.

Molly
      Duchess

Hi; I use one of these regularly… I don’t recommend them for armpits or “down there”, but I do for the reset.  As this is important for the conversation, I’d say I have a medium (guy) amount of relatively fine to medium black, (now greying) hair.

There is plenty of advise that says “Exfoliate, Moisturizer, Exfoliate, Moisturizer”.   This makes a phenomenal difference so just be aware that it will change the way you perceive the outcome.

I find that doing it 2 days in a row with about 3-5 days between sessions makes a big difference as it doesn’t seem to get all available hairs each time, and you often best see the differences when the hair and skin is wet.  This can help when you want to do this in the shower/tub.  (I don’t very often)

Watch for in-grown hairs, but if you exfoliate and moisturize then it seems to keep them at bay.

I can go 2 weeks with perfectly smooth skin when I wax or sugar, (and then 2 weeks of hair growing enough to do it again), if I haven’t been exfoliating, but once I started epilating I realized that the hair tends to grow at different times so the 5-7 day cycle works and is better than shaving for me and is way cheaper than getting sugar or waxing done (I need a salon for this because I can’t do the back of the thighs myself with these methods).   I’m happy with the difference as the regrowth is less on each session and doesn’t tend to get as long.

If I wanted a special event, I’d probably skip the epilator for 3-4 weeks and book a sugaring appointment, but the epilator allows me to spend it on other things.

I have not noticed any significant reduction in hair growth rate or amount over 4 years, but I do prefer this over shaving.   I suspect I’d have to take E or similar supplement creams to reduce the amount of hair.

I hope this helps, but I suspect you’d work it all out for yourself pretty quickly.

-Molly

Anonymous

I just bought a Hangsun Lady Epilator with shaving head from Amazon. I was a little afraid to try it as the thought of tearing hair out did not sound good. I tried using it this morning and it was a breeze. I did my chest hair and belly hair. Followed up with aloe gel. I reminded me of getting static shocks. If it gets easier like everyone says, then I will be using this for my chest and belly hair removal from now on. Leg hair is shaved. That is something I enjoy doing.

Do not use on your face or other ‘sensitive’ areas. Some people do but it is painful, damaging and could catch the skin in the tweezers. Do not use near varicose veins.

The advantage is that the hairs grow back more slowly and are ‘tapered’ or ‘feathered’ making them less itchy than ‘sliced’ edges of shaved hairs. A disadvantage is that the hairs may not grow back in a ‘laid’ pattern but sort of scraggly and every-which-way.

I use one for hands, arms (watch the loose skin) and torso.

Araminta.

Anonymous

Just a quick update on my epilator use. The smoothness is amazing. When I shaved chest and belly hair, I would get stubble the next day. I hated that! It’s been several days and I am still silky smooth! I highly recommend getting an epilator!

Kay

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?