Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cara Love
      Lady

Music has tremendous power to encourage and motivate me.  Several songs make me feel feminine and empower me in my crossdressing?

(You make me feel like a) Natural WomanAretha Franklin: It would be so wonderful to feel like a natural woman.  This is what I strive for.

ConfidentDemi Lovato:  I wish I had the confidence to walk out in public without worry.  This song definitely helps.

BraveSara Bareilles:  Hoping to be brave enough to be honest with those in my life.  This is a tough one.

Fight SongRachel Platten:  I feel like I’m battling to be who I really am and for the life that I have been denied.  Sometimes, the battle is with myself.

What songs impact you?

Cara <3

Eleanor McEvoy, only a womans heart is a favourite.

Enya, fairytale, we are free now, and let it be are my courage songs.

Aretha Franklin, Respect……is all I want

There are many others I listen to for motivation, Mary Black,Carole King & Carly Simon….all have many songs to help me through.

Just to many I rely on to list…

Man, I Feel Like A Woman!-Shania Twain

Roar-Katy Perry

Jane-C
      Lady

Gloria Gaynor – “I am what I am”.

Always puts a big smile on my dial

Cara thanks for this question. You are absolutely right music has an incredible power to motivate inspire and tap our emotions. I can’t imagine the world without music. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Hugs
      Donna

C.
      Lady

Hi all, I love music and have a few favourites that empower my femme side… Here are a couple of oldies:

Lola (by The Kinks) / Walk on the Wild Side (by Lou Reed)

Christine

Jennifer
      Lady

Definitely “Let it Go” from Frozen. I know it’s from an animated movie, but for me it’s incredibly impactful. Just so powerful.

Put me down as a fan of “Let It Go” from Frozen. After I watched the movie, bought and re-watched the DVD, I then watched the youtube video clip until the song and music finally stopped wrenching tears from my eyes. Now that’s impact. Or obsession, I don’t know.

It has nothing to do with my crossdressing, but I’m a devoted fan of most Disney animated features, especially those showcasing award-winning original music, going back to Little Mermaid. “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas, as sung by Judy Kuhn still gives me the shivers.

Sorry. TMI.
        Camryn Occasionnel

Anonymous

I’m a Woman, goes back to the 60’s was written by Lieber and Stoller was used in commercials back in 70’s.  I remember a line from commercial “…I can bring home the bacon…fry it up in a pan…” showed the woman coming home from work, cooking dinner…subsequent line was “…but never let you forget you’re a man…cause I’m a woman…”; showed her seductively opening top of collar on her button down shirt…I was probably 10 when I saw that and I remember thinking wow that’s cool…not fully comprehending that I probably was wishing it could be me…now when I dress femme that song and the flashback I remember runs through my mind.

Kim

Anonymous

Tom Petty- You don’t know how it feels

I love Tom Petty, going to see him this summer.

Anonymous

Please do not go see Tom Petty, If you need help we are here for you

Born This Way.

I Get By with a Little Help from My Friends   Beatles

Marie Claire    Peter Starstadt

Lady Veronica Graunwolf

Jaime Parris
      Contributing Editor

Since, I finally accepted myself.  I have gotten a better appreciation of Whitney Houston’s The Greatest Love of All.  The line that goes, “Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.”

Anonymous

ROAR, by Katy Perry. I Will Survive, by Gloria Gaynor.

Rock ‘N’ Roll Suicide by David Bowie. The “You’re not alone” chorus always makes me emotional.

Hello Spaceboy – David Bowie

My Way – Sid Vicious cover (Sinatra’s version makes me kinda well up.)

Killing in the Name – Rage Against the Machine

Yeah I guess I still see my xdressing as an expression of my rebellious attitude towards society.

Yah! “Killing in the Name of” by Rage Against the Machine!

I also find “Indestructable” by Disturbed, “Fury of the Storm,” “Soldiers of the Wasteland,” “Through the Fire and Flames” and “The Fire Still Burns” by Dragonforce motivating.

Fashion – David Bowie, Wild Side- Lou Reed, Lola – The Kinks

Anonymous

Firefly by delirium

“I never want to loose
        What I have finally found
        There’s a requiem
        A new congregation
        And it’s telling me go forward
        And walk under a brighter sky”

Awake and Alive-Skillet

Rise-Skillet

Stand My Ground-Within Temptation

Aoife
      Lady

“Suicide” by the Butthole Surfers has always helped me out. Makes you take a look at all your deepest despair and go “wow, isn’t that stupid.” A good laugh that has made some of my darkest depression dissipate, at least for a little while!

[quote quote=148395]“Suicide” by the Butthole Surfers has always helped me out. Makes you take a look at all your deepest despair and go “wow, isn’t that stupid.” A good laugh that has made some of my darkest depression dissipate, at least for a little while!

[/quote]
      If the song helps you like that then thank goodness for Suicide by the Butthole Surfers – Hmmm, interesting name!

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Anne-Marie.

[quote quote=147041]“I Won’t Back Down”—–Tom Petty

“Hold On Tight”—— ELO

“My Brave Face”—- Paul McCartney

“You Don’t Own Me”—- Leslie Gore

[/quote]
      I prefare Grace’s cover of “You Don’t Own Me”. Great song!

[quote quote=82874]Fashion – David Bowie, Wild Side- Lou Reed, Lola – The Kinks

[/quote]

Yes yes yes – love Lola by The Kinks.

[quote quote=72949]Hello Spaceboy – David Bowie

My Way – Sid Vicious cover (Sinatra’s version makes me kinda well up.)

Killing in the Name – Rage Against the Machine

Yeah I guess I still see my xdressing as an expression of my rebellious attitude towards society.

[/quote]
      Just love Sinatra’s version of My Way. Nothing wrong with welling up, I do it loads when something or someone really touches me.

Two of the most poignant words within scripture – Jesus wept! (Oh heck, here I go again, all watery eyed.)

Just sayin

Take good care

Anne-Marie

Sort of obscure and underhanded in its empowerment, but Ben Folds’ Learn to Live with What You Are has been profound in my journey of acceptance.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?