- Danerys Targaryen - Game of Thrones
- Elle Woods - Legally Blonde
- Katniss Everdeen - Hunger Games
- Mary Poppins - Mary Poppins
- Dorothy - Wizard of Oz
- Mia Wallace - Pulp Fiction
- Princess Leia - Star Wars
- Cinderella - Cinderella
- Belle - Beauty and the Beast
- Elizabeth Bennet - Pride and Prejudice
- Hermione Granger - Harry Potter
- Scarlett o'Hara - Gone With the Wind
- Jessica Rabbit - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Holly Golightly - Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Alice - Alice in Wonderland
- Daphne - Scooby Doo
- March 7, 2019 at 12:01 am #158288
Polly JonesParticipantRegistered On: October 2, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 25Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
- March 31, 2019 at 12:13 am #164670
- March 30, 2019 at 11:10 am #164554Deanna LundParticipantRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 34Replies: 135Has thanked: 306 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
I got the top 2. Cinderella because I would love to kiss Prince Charming, and Jessica Rabbit because…, come on, do I need to say it? But you folks aren’t old enough to remember Daisy Mae from Lil Abner. She was the object of many of my dreams. Tight top which barely contained her and hot pants before there were hot pants and she was often playing in mud
- March 28, 2019 at 6:36 pm #164139
- March 15, 2019 at 8:05 pm #160675AmeliaParticipantRegistered On: August 29, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 43Has thanked: 63 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
Would have liked to pick Elsa from Frozen, Wonder Woman, and Wyldstyle from The Lego Movie. Would also pick Mina Murry from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Minnow from Planet Ripple if I wanted to get really obscure.
- March 17, 2019 at 10:25 am #161110anne-marieParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 168Has thanked: 250 timesBeen thanked: 167 times
It would be amazing to go as Diana / Wonder Woman, perhaps do a change from Diana to Wonder Woman part way through the evening which would be fun.
Given that this option was not provided though, I would be the southern belle that is Scarlet O’Hara – corset and all. Would be even better if I got to have a ladies maid to help me dress and lace me tightly into the corset lol.
Think this would be absolutley amazing.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by anne-marie.
- March 15, 2019 at 12:45 am #160441Tammie SwensonParticipantRegistered On: October 14, 2016Topics: 12Replies: 217Has thanked: 385 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
What NO MARLYN MONROE ?
pointy boobs and All with the White Dress in the famous subway grate picture with the Subway air blast blowing up the Dress.
- March 15, 2019 at 5:49 am #160495Polly JonesParticipantRegistered On: October 2, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 25Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
Sorry Tammie! Epic fail there. My bad! I should have included her as i remember trying to recreate that scene as a kid in one of my mum’s skirts lol.
- March 13, 2019 at 11:54 am #159993
- March 13, 2019 at 7:15 am #159954
- March 12, 2019 at 8:51 pm #159861Sa·man·thaParticipantRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 39Replies: 418Has thanked: 1057 timesBeen thanked: 677 times
Gonna have to go with Daphne from Scooby Doo on this one…admittedly I kind of idolized her as a child lol…and I can pick any lock with a bobby pin or nail file 😉
- March 13, 2019 at 1:21 am #159883
- March 12, 2019 at 9:29 am #159690Elaine Marie RoseParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 4 times
To be able to wear and look good in ANY formal gown would suit me. But I’ve always loved the look and length of dress that Dorothy wore in the wizard of oz.
- March 12, 2019 at 8:35 am #159679Anastasia IrishParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
I would also go as Merida from Brave.
Always loved curly red hair. And of course I would try the accent out. Which my wife says turns to someone from India instead of Scotland.
- March 11, 2019 at 5:14 pm #159532
- March 11, 2019 at 9:47 am #159422JanineParticipantRegistered On: October 25, 2015Topics: 1Replies: 60Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 54 times
I’d pick Penny in the early years from The Big Bang Theory.
I still watch those early episodes whenever I can just to see Penny and what’s she’s wearing
- March 11, 2019 at 2:49 am #159393Selyne PhoenyxParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
Was surprised that Morticia Addams wasn’t on that list, absolutely love that black mermaid gown and her sense of macabre. Yeah I am a bit twisted.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 11, 2019 at 5:12 pm #159531Michelle LiefdeAmbassadorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 39Replies: 819Has thanked: 968 timesBeen thanked: 631 times
I would have most definitely voted for Morticia Addams.
- March 10, 2019 at 1:25 pm #159246Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 31Replies: 269Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
Not so much “who” but “went”. I have always loved female period wear and attended Transformal, (the Oz version of Southern Comfort etc ) in 2017 wearing my “Scarlett O”Caty” Civil War replica ball gown
Details can be found here
and there are also photos in my profile
Happy (fancy) dressing
- March 10, 2019 at 6:29 am #159145stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 358Has thanked: 326 timesBeen thanked: 599 times
Definitely as Countdown’s Rachel Riley! from UK tv. Phwoar! or maybe newsreader Susanna Reid as a milf. In fancy dress – Galadriel from the Lord of the Rings films , or Evangeline Lilley , the Elf in the Hobbit films ( her elf name eludes me at the moment).
- March 10, 2019 at 5:06 am #159129AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 102Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 106 times
- March 9, 2019 at 10:13 am #158956Gillian BlackwoodParticipantRegistered On: December 22, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 39Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
My all-time top choice is missing from the list: Midge Maisel – when i watch this show (Marvelous Mrs Maisel) i spend more time paying attention to her gorgeous outfits than i do story! Her daily wear is fantastic, but when she is all done up in a cocktail dress – oh i would just die to look like that!
- March 9, 2019 at 9:50 am #158950Kristy BucklynParticipantRegistered On: October 20, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 8Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 13 times
No “Emma Peel?”
- March 9, 2019 at 7:15 am #158928Larissa LynneParticipantRegistered On: July 20, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
I would go as kourtney kardashian…i love her. She is who i modeled myself after
- March 9, 2019 at 5:23 am #158912
- March 9, 2019 at 4:19 am #158902Julie CarsonParticipantRegistered On: July 18, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 52Has thanked: 401 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
- March 8, 2019 at 8:53 pm #158843
- March 8, 2019 at 7:29 pm #158824
- March 8, 2019 at 11:24 am #158715
- March 8, 2019 at 10:13 am #158707AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Tough call, so many great options. In the end I chose Jessica Rabbit, Belle & Princess Leia. Scarlett o’Hara & Dorothy were close runner ups. I agree with others wonderwoman (&/or supergirl) would have made my list but weren’t options. I almost went to celebrity fan fest 2018 in San Antonio as Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie Suicide Squad Daddy’s Monster version), I bought all the stuff, took it to the hotel but then chickened out.
- March 8, 2019 at 12:40 am #158561AbbergaleParticipantRegistered On: February 8, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 7Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
In all honesty, the two that aren’t on the list is Catwoman and Hela from Thor Ragnarok. These would be my two, or even Elastigirl from the Incredibiles as my third.
- March 7, 2019 at 9:20 pm #158533Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 178Has thanked: 204 timesBeen thanked: 210 times
I love most all of these polls, but this one is tough for a 70+ y/o closet crossdresser. All of the ladies are oh-so much younger than I am.
But I chose three: 1.) Elizabeth Bennet, but only if portrayed by Keira Knightly; 2.) Mary Poppins as played either by Julie Andrews or Emily Blunt (haven’t yet seen the new movie, but Emily Blunt in the trailers is enough to make my geriatric heart go pitter-patter; 3.) Belle, from Beauty and the Beast.
Although not necessarily an iconic role, if allowed to select one of my own, I would choose Queen Elizabeth played by Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth the Golden Age — sure to be a hit at any “Fancy Dress party!”
- March 7, 2019 at 1:26 pm #158462Alice EliotParticipantRegistered On: February 9, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
Alice in Wonderland – don’t really have a choice there!
Holly Golightly – Hepburn is elegance personified, and who doesn’t want to wear ‘that’ dress.
Daphne – looks innocent enough, but we all know what she’s really like…
- March 7, 2019 at 12:26 pm #158453Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
Me, of course!
But since I’m neither iconic nor female, I picked Daphne out of Scooby Doo, followed by Cinders and Alice.
Love those outfits!
- March 7, 2019 at 11:36 am #158449Imogen MannParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 136Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
I chose my three, but ultimately I’d want to be Yvonne De Carlo’s Lilly Munster.
- March 7, 2019 at 11:01 am #158443Jasmine FletcherParticipantRegistered On: September 7, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 235Has thanked: 118 timesBeen thanked: 294 times
No Wonder Woman! 🙁
I’ll have to go with Scarlett o’Hara then: big frock!
- March 7, 2019 at 9:44 am #158422Kaarina silbergParticipantRegistered On: February 2, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 25Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 12 times
I choose Cinderella and Jessie Rabbit
- March 7, 2019 at 8:17 am #158391helenmarieParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 58Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
Hello Polly, I choose Alice in Wonderland & Cinderella out of the choices you gave, as I like any fairytale type girls. I would choose my self, the little Bo-Peep costume [ from the nursery rhyme ] as it is really girly style.
- March 7, 2019 at 8:39 am #158397ParticipantRegistered On: October 2, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 25Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
Yes I know what you mean HelenMarie. Alice in Wonderland, Belle or Cinderellla are all top favourites for me. Would love to go to a party as any of these 🙂
- March 7, 2019 at 8:16 am #158390Val’sheril StarsongParticipantRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 214Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 198 times
I did my best. I know it’s impossible to be all-inclusive with a list like this but as more of a geek/weaboo I’ve a cosplay dream-list which includes Galadriel, Yuffie, Princess Entrapta, and Michonne from Walking Dead. But who doesn’t love Jessica Rabbit?
- March 7, 2019 at 7:29 am #158383Brianna RainParticipantRegistered On: December 3, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 32Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
This is so hard to choose, but believe it or not, I think Elle Woods would be my pick. However, I’ll probably change my mind within minutes of posting this. lol
- March 7, 2019 at 8:41 am #158398
- March 7, 2019 at 6:18 am #158351Lisa watsonParticipantRegistered On: September 24, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 643Has thanked: 190 timesBeen thanked: 378 times
Jessie Rabbit for me
- March 7, 2019 at 9:00 am #158408
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.